Digital Art Zone

Bryce Test Renders
Posted: 29 November 2012 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2008-12-29

So I have been following along with david brinnen’s brillant tutorials, and after long hours or studying and renders. I made a few scenes that have excellent lighting ( in my opinion only ) and I would love to get as many more opinions as possible

Image Attachments
A_ruby_with_a_million_faces.pngPerfectRuby_(TAlighting).png
 Signature 

LOL be warned, I might be friendly

Posted: 30 November 2012 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1777
Joined  2007-12-10

Great stuff!

Constructively: I think the middle one on the second row down is the best lit though.
It shows the transfer of colour from the gem to the environment excellently. The only thing I’d change is the amount of reflectivity and specular response from the wooden flooring as it’s texture makes it look old, but it’s brightness and shine doesn’t follow that through.

You’ll maybe get more opinions if you post your stuff down in the Bryce forum as well, we don’t get out of there much. smile

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 30 November 2012 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-29

lol thanks for the feedback XD, ironcally I didnt think of that. know where I can find a moderator to hopefully get this moved?

Signature 

Posted: 30 November 2012 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1777
Joined  2007-12-10

Don’t worry about getting it moved, just re-post it down there, no one will mind. smile

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 30 November 2012 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17075
Joined  2003-10-09

I can move it if you like.  Is one of the things I do when I am not walloping forum members with my trusty club.

See, there you go, all safely moved, and it didn’t hurt a bit, did it.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 30 November 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-29

Thank you alot chohole smile

Signature 

Posted: 30 November 2012 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3828
Joined  2004-10-01

I like the first one in the second row best because the table is not so bright but the backdrop still visible. Quite evenly lit but still very good contrast.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **