Digital Art Zone

GoZ for DAZ Studio 4.5.x 64-bit - exe - pc Windows 7 problem
Posted: 29 November 2012 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-03-28

I just tried to install the pacakge I have in my downloads area and Windows 7 is seeing a trojan and red flags it. Is this a common error with anyone else?? Please advise any would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted: 29 November 2012 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15803
Joined  2003-10-09

It isn’t Windows flagging it, it’s your anti-virus. Unfortunately those can be excessively cautious, but without knowing which you are using we can’t help you reassure it (after scanning with an on-demand scanner such as Malware Bytes to get a second opinion, just to be on the safe side)

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 29 November 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13

Here’s a couple of ‘pointers’...

If you are logged into your account, downloading from your downloadable content page, the chances of it being ‘positive’ result are very slim.  The login is to a secure server operated by the company you purchased the item from.  If it were truly infected, then everyone would be getting alerts for the same file, not random people with random files.  Couple that with the fact that at least one common AV product is using a ‘reputation’ based ranking system for determining file ‘safety’.  Also add in the fact that some AVs are very, very aggressive, these days.

All of that, combined, means that the likelihood of an actual infected file is low (not non-existent, but you’d probably have a better chance getting struck by lightning).

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.