Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Great White - Poseable Figure
Posted: 11 June 2013 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2009-12-23

i was so thrilled about the shark!

then, “this” happened again - like it happened with one version of Erlik’s angel wings (luckily i found an updated working version), and with Adam’s bullwhip (i gave up and stumbled into someone else’s whip):

-> instead of 1 item loading into the scene, i get like 2 copies in my scene panel - the first has no bones, the second wearing the same name with a (2) does have bones which appear if i display them - but both items are invisible, even with the texture showing in the diffuse of the surface panel and the opacity normal to 100%.

i had tried with the wings already to load the obj, which shows fine, but is totally stiff (barely usable with wings, not so the point with a shark or a whip..), and then i tried to fumble with rig donors (?) using the fig 2 bones and the 1st object etc, but i’m not that far into DAZ yet and the result was only confusion and some chosen swear words ~ this time i avoided useless fumbling.
but *sigh*.. this shark would make such a cool play buddy for my manta ray ~

why does this happen? what can i do when i come across this problem?
i didn’t check the forum for answers - i wouldn’t even know what to look for…

Posted: 11 June 2013 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  584
Joined  2012-02-07

Weird, it was working for me when I first downloaded it but now I’m having similar invisibility problems.

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 12 June 2013 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2009-12-23
ZamuelNow - 11 June 2013 04:42 PM

Weird, it was working for me when I first downloaded it but now I’m having similar invisibility problems.

oh?? could this be a newer daz 4.5 & 4.6 bug in handling certain specific poser oder obj-cr2 combinations, perhaps made in definite programs, or saved with specific options ticked?
i’m going to skim the forums for such ~

EDIT: i found this. don’t know if it’s related. half of the technical explanation is totally not understandable for me :/

Posted: 12 June 2013 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2007-11-08

Sorry, but I’m not seeing the shark on the website. Picked up some of the other freebies though. Anything I should be looking for as
far as links to it elsewhere. :|

Posted: 12 June 2013 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  811
Joined  2008-09-17
drakenhawke - 12 June 2013 06:39 PM

Sorry, but I’m not seeing the shark on the website. Picked up some of the other freebies though. Anything I should be looking for as
far as links to it elsewhere. :|

http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_59.htm

Third from the bottom

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  584
Joined  2012-02-07

Did anyone ever manage to get it to work?

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

2 of 2