Digital Art Zone

6 of 13
Is it just me or is Firefox having issues with the site lately?
Posted: 05 December 2012 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2005-01-15

You know… I think I may be over analyzing my current problem.  (Apologies to all for getting down into this rabbit hole).

In reality (after spending more than a couple hours on the matter).  The real issue for me is simply not seeing the promo images in the store and avatars in the forum.  (BTW, images show up in my wish list… go figure). 

I completely shut down all AVS, add blockers, etc.  Still don’t see pictures.  (Ergo, not AVS problem).

I went to several other sites listed in various places that use Cloudflare.  No problems with any of those sites. Might still be a Cf problem,  but I am not convinced it’s the issue I am having. 

No other sites are showing this symptom except DAZ… that pretty much eliminates any ISP issues since I’d expect other sites to be acting funky. 

All the other functionality (links, ordering, downloading, perusing history) works.  Only the images don’t show.  (Not getting into the history of what has/hasn’t worked, promises not kept.  Those are superfluous to my current site issue.)

Sometimes one has to step back from the problem and take a fresh run at it.

Bottom line… only images aren’t showing up.  Why, still don’t know?  Could be on my end (tho I am still not convinced).  I still think it’s a DAZ site issue.  But it may not be as complex a solution. 

So, I’m gonna climb out of this rabbit hole for now. 
Again my thanks to all who offered suggestions and input.

Signature 

State of residence:  Confusion (as in State of…)
State motto:  “A great place to live, we think, but not really sure.”
State bird:  Cuckoo. (only because the Dodo is extinct) 
State Flower: A rose cause it smells nice or poison ivy because no other state has that as a state flower.

Posted: 05 December 2012 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2006-10-13

Just to add to the weirdness…

I strayed onto the “Snowball Savings” page. It has images. Not a complete set, mind. The ones that ought to come from the main shop don’t show up, but the bits of customisation for that particular promotion are fine.

Now that rings bells…

The main shop and forum stopped displaying properly just about eactly when “Dark November” gave way to “Snowball Savings”. DAZ, please go take a close look at the stuff you added to handle “Snowball Savings”. Chances are that’s where your problem lies…

Signature 

—20” Intel iMac, OS X 10.6.8 - Poser Pro 9.0.2.21492 (+ PP2010, P8 & P7) - Gimp 2.6 - (rarely D|S 2 - Carrara 6 - Hexagon 2.5)

Posted: 05 December 2012 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

LL…one of the key things is that running the Linux machine on the same network gets you the missing parts…that has ‘OS’ written all over it.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 07 December 2012 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  959
Joined  2006-06-12
ManStan - 05 December 2012 01:44 PM

When the new site first went live, my first post was about the same issues that have been brought up in this thread. The replies i got then were the same as I see here now.

Since my first gripe about these issue was posted, I have updates FF several times, uninstalled and cleared out studio, upgraded my ISP, done 100’s of cleanings, and quite a few defrags, updated several other apps and this site still locks up my browser for 30 seconds to 3 minutes every time I open it.

I can only come to the conclusion that “this is as good as it gets”
As long as the issues are dropped right back in the users lap, they are never going to be solved.
If I had the same issues with any other site; and I surf like a mad dog some times, I’d blame something on my end. But the DAZ site is the one and only site I have issues with.

THANK YOU!
The site worked fine one day. The NEXT day it was screwed up. Every other site I frequent was working fine. DAZ was not working.
So whose fault is it?
I guess it’s asking too much to get Daz to get their site working right?
Maybe if they keep blaming users, then things will somehow fix themselves.

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

Posted: 07 December 2012 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2333
Joined  2007-12-13

How many of you have Windows 7 64 Bit!?

If so, this would interest you greatly:

http://www.waterfoxproject.org/

As the code for Firefox is open source, others outside Mozilla can work on it. These guys have used it to create Waterfox, a 64 bit version of Firefox. It is lightning fast, very stable and I have yet to find a site it didn’t like, including this one!

Give it a go, you won’t look back!

CHEERS!

Posted: 07 December 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04

I am just installed Waterfox and I see no significant difference. There is still the hestitation for loading icons/pics. Maybe it will be noticeable on site that actually works correctly.

Wow I just tried it on YouTube and it actually does seem faster.

Facebook didn’t seem any faster, but it loads slow with all the crap on it.

A little bit of hesitation at Rendo, but nothing significant.

RDNA loaded quickly.

I’ll try this out for awhile, Thx Roger

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 07 December 2012 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2010-11-24

My connection to here seems to speed up and slow down. Sometimes I can stop the page load and reload, and it works fine. I’ve also noticed Fast Reply comes up faster than Post Reply does.. but then I’ve only made 5 posts. Reading the forums is vedry slow for me. Most of the time. I have FF 13.0.1 and a 5 megabit connection..

Signature 

Jim
‘Through the thorns to the stars.’ from Ghost in the Shell.

Posted: 07 December 2012 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-04

What I keep having problems with is the page not fully loading, well other than it being so slow to show the pics or icons or avatars or the little folders. Probably every tenth time or so the complete page does not load. That is just on this site.

Signature 

Posted: 07 December 2012 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
Ledhead - 07 December 2012 06:00 PM

What I keep having problems with is the page not fully loading, well other than it being so slow to show the pics or icons or avatars or the little folders. Probably every tenth time or so the complete page does not load. That is just on this site.

The pics not loading has nothing to do with the overall ‘slowness’ of the page load, except that they are both related to two different things being blocked, somewhere along the line.

The partial page load is waiting for a script or css to load that isn’t.  I haven’t checked to see if I could figure out which one, but I think it’s the embedded fonts from Google, because I’ve noticed the waiting for:...sitting on a Google address when that’s happening.

The pics is the base Cloudflare problem as that’s where the pics are coming from.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 07 December 2012 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-04
mjc1016 - 07 December 2012 06:23 PM
Ledhead - 07 December 2012 06:00 PM

The pics not loading has nothing to do with the overall ‘slowness’ of the page load, except that they are both related to two different things being blocked, somewhere along the line.

The partial page load is waiting for a script or css to load that isn’t.  I haven’t checked to see if I could figure out which one, but I think it’s the embedded fonts from Google, because I’ve noticed the waiting for:...sitting on a Google address when that’s happening.

The pics is the base Cloudflare problem as that’s where the pics are coming from.

So at this point there is no resolution?

It’s pretty frustrating this site continues to have problems that I don’t have from anywhere else.

I actually didn’t have any major issues with the site until lately. Now it seems to be falling apart over the last couple of months.

Signature 

Posted: 07 December 2012 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13

I’ve been going back over many of the threads about problems with site, that I could find.

And this last round seems to have started around the time of the last regular Windows update.  Kaspersky products were one of the first to really start showing problems (with the 2012 version) with image loads.  Then there was another uptick in problems after the last NoScript update which was also around the same time that many of the subscription lists for AdBlock/ABP were updated.  Now other AVs are starting to show image problems like Kaspersky dis…

The download problems for some are definitely traceable to Symantec products and the ‘reputation based’ file ‘security’.  That too is spreading to other AVs….most recent version of AVAST! now has it, but thankfully it’s very easy to disable, there.

And for some others, I’m leaning towards Cloudflare’s ‘security’ measures getting in the way.

Now, before you say, but it’s only this site…unfortunately, and this is DAZ’s fault, I don’t know of any other site running this forum software, the storefront and the combination of cloud/externally supplied services to compare it to.  But just but looking at a pattern of what and when, the bulk of the problems ARE browser/OS/AV related.  With a small part being the unique cocktail that actually makes up this site…

So…basically the choices are…change browser, change OS, change ‘security’ software, change ISP. 

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 07 December 2012 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Yea, Firefox 16 & 17 are buggy.  Got problems here and on Facebook with pages not fully loading, esp heavy image pages.  Really annoying.  IE 10 loads Facebook and DAZ3D just fine.  Tempting but I hate IE so I only use it to access either site if it’s a really bad session.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 08 December 2012 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

With Waterfox, go to the plug in page on the site you downloaded it from and download and install those versions of Flash, Java and Silverlight. They should make a difference. Also, I’ve never, EVER used Symantec products. I use AVG and have never had any significant browser issues no matter what I’ve been using. Daz always loads perfectly for me.

Always check your plug ins to see what’s installed and what’s active or disabled.

CHEERS!

Posted: 08 December 2012 03:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-09-17

Well I had totally given up visiting Daz3d site due to the the complete disarray of the pages - unusable….. and I have made no transactions for days.    No other websites have demonstrated any problems such as I have seen on Daz3d when using Chrome and IE

Thank you Rogerbee for the link to Waterfox. I went ahead, downloaded installed and “hey presto” images and page layouts as normal. I had been using Chrome without any hiccups until a few days ago and then I tried IE which was the same mess.
Hopefully I can continue navigating using Waterfox and go back to normal
I definitely recommend it to anyone to try out

Signature 

CLICK HERE to access your FREE ebook “5 Steps 2 Stunning 3D Lighting In Any Software”.

Posted: 08 December 2012 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

That’s cool!

I didn’t spot Cloudflare till I looked in the bottom left corner while the site was loading. Before Waterfox, I’d been using Safari and hadn’t noticed many site issues in that either.

My main reason for switching to Waterfox was that Apple dropped Safari for Windows and Chrome wasn’t ever going to be 64 bit. I also wanted a browser that would continue to be developed.

CHEERS!

6 of 13