I am very new to Daz studio and Carrara so i am not sure if i made a wrong decision. However here is the long story behind my question:
I made a genesis based character with studio 4.5. And i found a Carrara environment which fits perfectly to my project. But ...
- i can only use Carrara-8.5 beta because i decided to work with Genesis on Studio-4.5
- Carrara-8.5 license terminates in 3 days
- Carrara-8.1 (released product version) seems to not work with Studio-4.5
And here are the questions:
- How can i get a Carrara environment imported to Studio ?
- Could i alternatively get only the light setup from Carrara imported to studio ? Then i could render the scene twice (once in carrara for the environment, once in studio for the characters) and merge the renders in a 2d image editor…
- Where do i get the most recent Carrara test version ? (download link to Carrara-beta build 172 is broken)
- Will there be a license renewal for Carrara-8.5 ?
- Do i have to drop my Genesis/Carrara project starting from 1-december-2012 ?
Any advice how i can step out of this pitfall is highly appreciated.