4 of 4
BIG ERROR on Deltas Morphs++ in DS4.5
Posted: 01 December 2012 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1470
Joined  2010-06-29
Richard Haseltine - 01 December 2012 01:47 PM

Please make a bug report - I agree that soemthing is amiss, but since I don’t have WWG (or the debugging tools) I have no idea what.

I will in the next days, it took a bit nerves to fix the error again and again so that my “original” dixie works allready for my renders so…I need a break on this.

best thing would be you at DAZ get yourself a WWG2 and do your own tests smile

have send you the link via pm so, just a view bugs or a nice email to the artist and you probably get a wwg2 for free for tests smile
that I think is more helpfull than the logfile. If you haven`t the wwg2 what can you test???

if you have her you have to inject v4.2 base morphs, morphs++ and elite by hand smile just three double clicks but that you know for sure smile

Signature  Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 01 December 2012 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

the error accours also if:

having the scene with my working “original dixie” scene open and close the scene

if then loading “the test dixie” scene the error accours and no deltas were found as expected.
If I close this scene without reinjecting the morphs and without saving this scene and loading the “original dixie” again the error accours also on this “original dixie” that worked before.

example:

If I have A and add B I have AB - then I save AB as file named “file AB”

then I have A and add C then I have AC and I save it as file “file AC”

if now loading file “file AB” again I get not AB i just get A and close the file

if now loading file “file AC” I get not AC I get just A

if I now add a C to it I allready have AC and save it as file “file AC” and now it will works and I allways will get AC when loading this file until I load “file AB” then both are no longer working if loaded.

Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 02 December 2012 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13690
Joined  2003-10-09
cosmo71 - 01 December 2012 05:52 PM

Please make a bug report - I agree that soemthing is amiss, but since I don’t have WWG (or the debugging tools) I have no idea what.

I will in the next days, it took a bit nerves to fix the error again and again so that my “original” dixie works allready for my renders so…I need a break on this.

have send you the link via pm so, just a view bugs or a nice email to the artist and you probably get a wwg2 for free for tests smile
that I think is more helpfull than the logfile. If you haven`t the wwg2 what can you test???

if you have her you have to inject v4.2 base morphs, morphs++ and elite by hand smile just three double clicks but that you know for sure smile

I’m not a developer, that’s why I keep saying make a bug report as I can’t actually do anything about investigating and (hopefully) fixing the issue.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 02 December 2012 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Richard Haseltine - 02 December 2012 06:51 AM
cosmo71 - 01 December 2012 05:52 PM

I’m not a developer, that’s why I keep saying make a bug report as I can’t actually do anything about investigating and (hopefully) fixing the issue.

have send a help request to the technical support center with a short history of what is written here, a link to this forum site, a link to the figure I use and a zip-file with two logfiles of the same scene, one working, one not working.

as I understand the error right now it must happen during saving the scene.

Signature 

Posted: 02 December 2012 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

So, in ds3 I can load as much characters based on the wwg figure with v4 morphs as I want (made a test with 5) all work fine. each loaded seperatly works fine as well no problem. created one new with injecting v4base,morphs++ and elite and with custom character morphs and saved it as scene.
loaded the other four again, each seperatly and everything was okay.

that doesn`t work in ds4.5

so I hope your technical service team will find out what is wrong.

the only difference I see in the parameter tab under misc is the following:

if selecting the whole figure in ds3 there is no geometry switching shown up but if selecting single parts of the body then there is the geometry switching for that body part. selecting hip. geometry switching is: hip.

in ds4.5 there is a geometry switching shown up for the whole figure and that is maybe the reason because it is allways the same on each created character based on the wwg figure. (haven`t looked what`s shown up there on original 4.2 figures)

so if I create a new character based on the wwg2 with the v4 morphs for example and save this character as scene, I can load it again and do some changes on values on shape, pose, load or delte probs in the scene, change textures or what ever (but not injecting new morphs) and save it under another name. both charatcers, the first and the new one will work. they work until I create a totally new one or injecting new morphs to one of the existing characters and save it, from that time on only this character works well after new loading the scene, the other two character(s) not until I reinject the morphs to just one of them new, there is no need to save the scene new, just injecting the morphs new, closing the scene and from that time on these two characters work again but the third one don`t.

I think you programmers have a lot work to do to find that error smile

Signature 

Posted: 04 December 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7656
Joined  2009-05-14

Folks just for the record I responded to a PM cosmo sent me which I stated that I couldn’t help with this, hence why you haven’t seen me post much regarding this issue.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 05 December 2012 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Szark - 04 December 2012 12:31 PM

Folks just for the record I responded to a PM cosmo sent me which I stated that I couldn’t help with this, hence why you haven’t seen me post much regarding this issue.

so far I know from the technical service, my problems seems to be a ds4 problem with the data management and something with the .duf formate.

all items in the scene have a legacy_shape_number_number geometry switch in ds4.x if selected the complete item/figure/prob
in DS3 my WWG2/V4.2-Dixie version has this not if selected also not her clothes.

Just bodyparts of Dixie has a geometry switching in ds3 but not the complete figure. In DS4 the complete figure has a geometry switching but not the bodyparts, maybe that is the problem on this.

maybe this legacy_shape_xxxxx_xxxxx is somethíng like a copy/data-file or so that is stored somewhere in the datas and if you have different scenes with the same figure like I have with the wwg2 each scene will load the datas from that copy/data-file and only the values are saved in the scene, so if you inject morphs to the figure in one scene for example and save this scene the copy/date-file will be changed and if you then load another scene with this figure as base the scene wants to load a a file that is different in basic issues then at the time you have saved this scene and so youi get the error.

I came up to this because the correct values are there, in every scene, in a working and in a not working, that is the reason why after injecting the morphs new the figure then will look correct.

so the basic informations for the scene must be stored not in the scene itself but somewhere else and only the values are saved in the scene.

that is how I understand the error so far.

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

So, I have enough of this shit and go back to DS3 I don`t need DS4 and next time Smith Micro offers Poser I will buy this

I don`t work with genesis, I don`t need genesis and if the software do not work with the figures I have and the characters I have created then I kick the software not the figures.

Signature 

4 of 4