Digital Art Zone

2 of 4
BIG ERROR on Deltas Morphs++ in DS4.5
Posted: 28 November 2012 03:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7952
Joined  2009-05-14

cosmo you say you installed some new V4 characters and I presume they came with body and face morphs?

Try running the .bat file for V4 Find DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat and double click on it and it will do its thing in DOS. Then open Daz Studio back up and see if they work.

You should find this file DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat, on youir hard drive, in your Runtime folder where you installed V4 Base, morphs++ etc ********************\Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

Fingers crossed for you

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 28 November 2012 03:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1500
Joined  2010-06-29
Szark - 28 November 2012 03:10 AM

cosmo you say you installed some new V4 characters and I presume they came with body and face morphs?

Try running the .bat file for V4 Find DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat and double click on it and it will do its thing in DOS. Then open Daz Studio back up and see if they work.

You should find this file DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat, on youir hard drive, in your Runtime folder where you installed V4 Base, morphs++ etc ********************\Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

Fingers crossed for you

you are right, they come with body and face morphs smile I guessed that these probably cause the error but that never happend in ds3 so.

what does this DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat[ do? I have no fun in loosing my dixie for ever or to reinstall all my back up content because of its size smile

Signature  Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 28 November 2012 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1020
Joined  2003-10-09
cosmo71 - 28 November 2012 03:39 AM

you are right, they come with body and face morphs smile I guessed that these probably cause the error but that never happend in ds3 so….

It happened to me in DS3 when I moved my Michael4 runtime to another partition and forgot to run that little script. I’d load up M4 from a saved file and his morphs didn’t work—-they were missing. Took me a while to realize what was wrong. Anytime you add more morphs to a Gen4 figure this should be done in the runtime the Gen4 figure resides. When a Gen4 figure is installed, a shortcut to the script to run is placed on the desktop. I’d deleted it (because I knew where to find it) and then forgot about it.

Posted: 28 November 2012 04:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Spit answered your question for me, thanks Spit.

cosmo now would I give you advice that would lead to such a disaster….without giving a warning first? Yee of little faith….and cut back on the coffee you are getting grumpy. smile

No it is perfectly safe in doing so. Well put it this way cosmo everytime I install new morphs for any Gen4 figure I run the bats and I don’t have content issues…never have.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 28 November 2012 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Ok let us see if we can get your problem fixed.

I won’t guarantee this will work but as Spit said and what I have experienced this might work.

First thing Cosmo you said V4 was installed in to your DS3 content directory…did you install the new character to the same place? If yes keep reading….if you didn’t then it might be best to do that first

What you are looking for cosmo is a file called DzCreateExPFiles-V4.batIf V4 is installed to where I think it is then go to that location on your Hard Drive via Windows Explorer.
I will guess that it might here at this location C:\Users\your user name\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

Image Attachments
bat.jpg
 Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 28 November 2012 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

what makes me crazy the most is. if the error accours not one single dixie.duf file works correctly on morphs++ but if I load only one dixie.duf file and inject the morphs++ only to this character in this loaded scene and save this scene all other dixie.duf files are working again without doing anything on them. that is somewhat strange

Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 28 November 2012 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Szark - 28 November 2012 05:47 AM

Ok let us see if we can get your problem fixed.

I won’t guarantee this will work but as Spit said and what I have experienced this might work.

First thing Cosmo you said V4 was installed in to your DS3 content directory…did you install the new character to the same place? If yes keep reading….if you didn’t then it might be best to do that first

What you are looking for cosmo is a file called DzCreateExPFiles-V4.batIf V4 is installed to where I think it is then go to that location on your Hard Drive via Windows Explorer.
I will guess that it might here at this location C:\Users\your user name\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

the old dixie made in ds3 but I load it into ds4.5 and saved it as scene so it is a .duf file under -my library- -scenes- and it works

the new v4 character was created in ds4.5 from the beginning on and saved as scene and it is in the same folder than the dixie.duf file.

so both scenes are in the same folder but if you work with one the other will not work any longer and if you work with the other the first will not work any longer until I inject the morphs++ new. as I have written. you can only work with this or with the other.

Signature 

Posted: 28 November 2012 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14291
Joined  2003-10-09

This is very strange as the two scenes should be getting their morphs from completely different places - the Dixie.duf, if I understand correctly, is a DS 3 .daz file imported into DS 4.5 and saved as a scene - the .daz file, and so the .duf, should be getting the morphs from \Data\3_0\blMilWom-V4_######\modifiers (approximately, I can’t recall the exact folder name) while the V4 CR2 loaded into 4.5 directly and saved will ultimately point to the original \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folder with its .pz2 files, though it will be looking at an intermediary cached copy in the \Data folder first. Yet you seem to be getting warnings about missing pz2 files from the older scene, which shouldn’t have references to those, if I understand you correctly.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 28 November 2012 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Richard Haseltine - 28 November 2012 06:10 AM

This is very strange as the two scenes should be getting their morphs from completely different places - the Dixie.duf, if I understand correctly, is a DS 3 .daz file imported into DS 4.5 and saved as a scene - the .daz file, and so the .duf, should be getting the morphs from \Data\3_0\blMilWom-V4_######\modifiers (approximately, I can’t recall the exact folder name) while the V4 CR2 loaded into 4.5 directly and saved will ultimately point to the original \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folder with its .pz2 files, though it will be looking at an intermediary cached copy in the \Data folder first. Yet you seem to be getting warnings about missing pz2 files from the older scene, which shouldn’t have references to those, if I understand you correctly.

my english isn`t that good but as I understand what you have written you are right.

okay

first: I have done a complete new ds4.5 v4 dixie in ds4.5 yet and saved it as scene, cleared the scene and load the new dixie version, everthing was fine

second: I have done another complete new v4 character with another character morph I have bought and saved it (seems it doesn`t matter what costum morph, it happens also with characters bought at ds mary for v4 for emaple)

after that I loaded the new ds4.5 dixie scene and…some morphs are missing and I have to inject morphs++ new. but I didn`t save the scene this time only cleared it for a test (point three)

third: i created two different v4 test characters without any custom morph and saved them, each loaded new work fine aaaaand surprise the former not working new ds4-5 dixie version I have loaded after the this little test without starting ds4.5 new or restard the pc, works also fine, without injecting the morphs new.

this is a very very strange error I think

Signature 

Posted: 28 November 2012 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

it seems to me that there is something with character morphs for body and head and each time you inject morphs++ new you reset something or so

Signature 

Posted: 28 November 2012 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m a little confused now - is the Dixie scene a newly loaded V4 in DS 4.5, with a custom morph added by Morph Loader? And the other scenes contain V4 using only INJ poses, no use of Morph Loader?

One thing I’d like you to check - if you go to the folders listed in your screen shot of the Content Directory Manager does only one of them contain a \Runtime\Libraries\Victoria 4 folder?

Signature 

Posted: 28 November 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Richard Haseltine - 28 November 2012 08:42 AM

I’m a little confused now - is the Dixie scene a newly loaded V4 in DS 4.5, with a custom morph added by Morph Loader? And the other scenes contain V4 using only INJ poses, no use of Morph Loader?

One thing I’d like you to check - if you go to the folders listed in your screen shot of the Content Directory Manager does only one of them contain a \Runtime\Libraries\Victoria 4 folder?

no, the last dixie version is a complete new created dixie in ds4.5 (okay, I inject a character preset) but the base figure was loaded in ds4.5 not imported, I also inject add on morphs necessary to get dixie work like dixie smile “overhaul for ds” and “badabing”

overhaul are community morphs and badabing is a deformer body shaping tool so both normally should have no impact on the original channels morphs++ is using.

will have a look if I find it smile

Signature 

Posted: 28 November 2012 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

well I just have found the following folders for v4:

path:

C:\Users\myName\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4

C:\Users\myName\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\Runtime\libraries\Pose\DAZ’s Victoria 4

nothing more to find

Signature 

Posted: 28 November 2012 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  184
Joined  2006-04-15

I’m not sure if my problem is related to yours, but do you use power loader when making a new scene with V4?  I’m not sure what happened with mine, but I tried reinstalling my characters in 3 different locations trying to find the problem.  I installed it to the default, to my original runtime for characters and to an entirely new runtime to test it out.  It kept asking me to find the deltas.  It turns out, my problem is something in the power loader.  My work around is loading V4 with no morphs in the PL and then injecting them like you would using Poser.  Then inject the character you want to use.  I don’t make custom characters, so not sure if it would work for yours.  My other option, is try making a “fully loaded” V4 and saving her as a scene.  I do admit to having limited success with using that option though.

Posted: 28 November 2012 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I can’t see why you are having the problems you are - your paths all appear correct. I do wonder if the DFOrm set is confusing the issue - if you apply that to a new character, just a quick one with a couple of morphs and the DForms, do you get a problem with a saved scene as you do with your custom character?

Signature 

2 of 4