1 of 4
BIG ERROR on Deltas Morphs++ in DS4.5
Posted: 27 November 2012 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1507
Joined  2010-06-29

Ok, the situation:

My self created character Dixie was created in DS3.1.xx and saved as scene.

I got ds4.5 pro 64bit and after some sceptisim I decided to work with this program,

I load my in DS 3 created scene (dixie) into ds4.5 and saved it as scene under so it is a duf.file. So far so good. The figure and the program worked quite well, no problems and I have done a lot of scenes. I also loaded and merged other scenes created in ds 3 (characters) into ds 4.5 and saved them so they also became duf.files and all are working quite well UNTIL NOW:

I have bought some new characters for v4 and created some new v4 characters in ds4.5 and saved as scene and they work

but then I after working with some of these new v4 characters I clear the scene and load my Dixie .duf file and the BIG ERROR accours.

no deltas, no morphs++ (see first image) with the notice that files in this scene are missing.

I restarted the pc, started ds4.5 and loaded the dixie.duf scene

now the body is okay but the face has no morphs++

I had to run down the pc (not only restard it) and after that the Dixie.duf file works quite well as allways. everything fine.

Now I do it the other way. I closed the Dixie.duf scene and loaded one of the new v4 characters created in ds4.5 and…guess…

no deltas, no morphs++ (see first image) with the notice that files in this scene are missing

and the simple v4 figure with just pose and texture was loaded but without morphs++

I injected morphs++ new and the figure worked and I saved it new.

But after this load the dixie.duf new and guess:

no deltas, no morphs++ (see first image) with the notice that files in this scene are missing

WHAT THE HELL…AND WHAT BIG SHIT IS IT????

Image Attachments
daz_big_error_on_morphs++.jpgdaz_big_error_on_morphs++_2.jpg
 Signature  Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

Big question…what operating system is this on?

Next, slightly smaller…where is the content installed?  (full path)

It looks like somehow you are dropping scene data or DS isn’t reading the correct content directories.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
mjc1016 - 27 November 2012 09:13 PM

Big question…what operating system is this on?

Next, slightly smaller…where is the content installed?  (full path)

It looks like somehow you are dropping scene data or DS isn’t reading the correct content directories.

well, until yesterday all worked fine. I haven`t changed anything. I haven`t installed my windows 7 64 bit system new nor have installed ds4.5 new nor do other things except creating a new V4 character in ds4.5 that was all I have done and since than I have this error.

and while yesterday it worked after run down the pc this doesn´t work right anymore. have just done it and my dixie.duf file has erros on deltas.

It is a ds4.5 problem and nothing else

Signature  Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

Update:

after loading the dixie.duf file (after restarting the pc) the morphs++ for the face were missing and some other deltas on shoulders and that on all dixie.duf scenes I have checked (have different versions of dixie). I just inject the morphs++ to one of them new and save only this file as .duf. and then I checked the other dixie.duf files that had errors before and o wonder all are okay without doing anything on these files.

Notice: I haven`t done anything before than creating a new V4 character. I haven`t installed anything depending on morphs++ or so or done anything else on the content (except adding the files for the new characters but these have own folders) and that has nothing to do with this error issue because it worked all fine until I created new character.

It is like for some reason files are postponed in some way when using a former ds3 scene or a ds4 scene with v4 and morphs++ or it has something to do with the assets.

my dixie.duf will now work until I load one of the new character scenes. but when loading one of these new character scenes this new character scene will also not work right until I reinject morphs++

it is like you have to decide to work with a former ds3 transformed to a ds 4 character scene or with a new ds4 character scene.

Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Posted: 27 November 2012 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

By the way… I never had such problem in ds3

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

it seems I have to create my characters in ds3 to work with them in ds4.5 so my favorite dixie character will work correctly in ds4.5 in the future

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2007-11-06

Can you go to Edit>Preferences>Content Library>Content Directory Manager, expand both the “DS Formats” and “Poser Formats” sections, and post a screenshot?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 27 November 2012 10:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13

Can you clear the log file (just delete the current one should be in Users/Application Data/<your username>/Application Data/Daz 3D/Studio4/log.txt), then start DS and load the problem scene?  Then copy and paste any errors?

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 27 November 2012 10:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

it is all under studio 3/content/runtime as all of my content is and as I have written it worked. I have unzipped my new characters to the correct folders nothing else done and when using these files (morphs) included for body and face, the old dixie.duf file will not work next. so what can be the problem? that also happens if I inject the body or face morph to a dixie character in a dixie.duf file.

there must be difference between a v4 character created in ds3 and saved new in ds4.5 and a v4 character totally created in ds4.5 and this difference is the problem, nothing else

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 11:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
cosmo71 - 27 November 2012 10:58 PM

it is all under studio 3/content/runtime as all of my content is and as I have written it worked.

What is the FULL path for that folder?

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 27 November 2012 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

please tell me what this path has to do with my problem? and if I delte it as written above what should be the result? I think maybe my dixie.duf files will load correcty but when using the new v4 character morphs the next time the problem will be the same.

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 11:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13

I’m done here…if you aren’t going to provide the requested info, then don’t expect any help.

I can think of about half a dozen different things that could be, in some measure, contributing to this…and without the info Mike and I asked for, I might as well be throwing darts in a pitch black room.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 28 November 2012 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
fixmypcmike - 27 November 2012 10:42 PM

Can you go to Edit>Preferences>Content Library>Content Directory Manager, expand both the “DS Formats” and “Poser Formats” sections, and post a screenshot?

here it is but I do not understand what you want with this informations.

everything is where everything has to be.

the name is allways the same, no error on this

Image Attachments
daz_big_error_on_morphs++_3.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 28 November 2012 12:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
mjc1016 - 27 November 2012 11:48 PM

I’m done here…if you aren’t going to provide the requested info, then don’t expect any help.

I can think of about half a dozen different things that could be, in some measure, contributing to this…and without the info Mike and I asked for, I might as well be throwing darts in a pitch black room.

well my friend, I really do not understand why path names or files like morphs++ or datas in saved files (currently not used) get lost when working on a whole different scene. that is the problem.

log file or not. v4 morphs++ are allways and everytime at the same folder on my hd and the informations are included in the saved file, so.

if I have a scene saved, load this scene new and it works, then close this scene and open a new one and work on this brand new scene, save this, and load the before saved scene and then get told that files can`t be found, also not after restard the pc but after new injection and saving the file new that is something strange.

Signature 

Posted: 28 November 2012 01:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13

Mike can probably do this better…but…

The scene doesn’t load ‘fresh’ items when you load it from a save.  It loads ‘cached’ items.  If that cache gets cleared, then you have problems loading the scene.

As to paths, in Windows (since Vista) there are some locations that are ‘protected’.  Now, you could possibly get away with using a content directory in the Program Files folder, if you went and tweaked Windows heavily. Now, that may work, but if you are using Windows update and/or running Microsoft Security Essentials, that would only work for a while…updates are known to reset back to defaults.  Yesterday being Tuesday and MSE’s update day…

The log file often provides more details than the error box…and clean log file is easier for finding things.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 28 November 2012 03:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
mjc1016 - 28 November 2012 01:38 AM

Mike can probably do this better…but…

The scene doesn’t load ‘fresh’ items when you load it from a save.  It loads ‘cached’ items.  If that cache gets cleared, then you have problems loading the scene.

As to paths, in Windows (since Vista) there are some locations that are ‘protected’.  Now, you could possibly get away with using a content directory in the Program Files folder, if you went and tweaked Windows heavily. Now, that may work, but if you are using Windows update and/or running Microsoft Security Essentials, that would only work for a while…updates are known to reset back to defaults.  Yesterday being Tuesday and MSE’s update day…

The log file often provides more details than the error box…and clean log file is easier for finding things.

ahhhh…so if I create a new v4 character in ds4.5 can it possibly be that the cache gets cleared or owerwritten or can it be that something happend if I inject the new custom morphs? (by the way, the one v4 character is by mrl and the other one is mary elite) that must be the case because:

if I first load the dixie.duf then the new v4 character.duf will not work and misses deltas but work after new injection of morphs++

(after fixing the problem)

if I first load the new v4 character.duf then the dixie.duf will not work and misses deltas but work after new injection of morphs++

I have no problem to load(merge)  many different m4`s in one single scene, they all work (all were created in ds3)

but I do have the same problems if loading the dixie.duf that works correctly and then merge the new v4 character.duf into the scene , then the merged v4 character will not work correctly but botch worked correctly after injecting the morphs++ to the new character in that scene. there must be something really strange happen.

I haven`t tried to create a new m4 character in ds4.5 but I will try and then I will see it this happens also to m4 characters.

Signature 

1 of 4