Digital Art Zone

6 of 39
Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link
Posted: 25 May 2012 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  681
Joined  2004-11-12

I’d like to extend Alisha’s previous note about the e-mail notifications to the PM notifications. They don’t actually link to your private messages like the old notifications did, they instead link to the Daz main page. What’s the point in that? You can’t access your PMs from the main page.

Posted: 25 May 2012 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2006-04-15
BishounenTaurus - 25 May 2012 12:55 AM

I’d like to extend Alisha’s previous note about the e-mail notifications to the PM notifications. They don’t actually link to your private messages like the old notifications did, they instead link to the Daz main page. What’s the point in that? You can’t access your PMs from the main page.

This may have something to do with the fact that you get automatically logged out of the forums after 15 minutes, same as the rest of the site, so linking into something you need to be logged in to see might not actually work, right now. Just a wild guess.

On another note, the site accepts my password just fine, but anything in the forum user panel that needs a password to change insists that my password is incorrect.

Signature 

“Why’s all the rum gone?”  *looks at the last render*  “Oh. That’s why the rum’s gone…”
DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 | Windows 7 Pro SP1 x32 | ATI Radeon HD 4200
Say YES to David 5!

Posted: 25 May 2012 01:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-12

Was it even explained why the website logs you out every 15 minutes? I think it’s incredibly silly, it’d be like Google Mail logging you out every 15 minutes. I think we’re all old enough and wise enough to make our own decision as to whether we want to log off or not.

Posted: 25 May 2012 02:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2006-04-15
BishounenTaurus - 25 May 2012 01:55 AM

Was it even explained why the website logs you out every 15 minutes? I think it’s incredibly silly, it’d be like Google Mail logging you out every 15 minutes. I think we’re all old enough and wise enough to make our own decision as to whether we want to log off or not.

I think it’s because there’s no separation between the forum account and the shop account, like there used to be, so to protect private information, it just logs you out of everything. I’d rather see something where we had to maybe type in our password again after 15 minutes to use checkout or shop account functions, but that you’d stay generally logged in to the site so your discounts still show up and the forum still knows who you are for a significantly longer time. I can seriously spend more than 15 minutes shopping, and I definitely spent more than 15 minutes replying to this post, because I kept thinking of things and then un-thinking them and rethinking them…

Signature 

“Why’s all the rum gone?”  *looks at the last render*  “Oh. That’s why the rum’s gone…”
DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 | Windows 7 Pro SP1 x32 | ATI Radeon HD 4200
Say YES to David 5!

Posted: 25 May 2012 02:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-12
ThinMick - 25 May 2012 02:41 AM

I think it’s because there’s no separation between the forum account and the shop account, like there used to be, so to protect private information, it just logs you out of everything. I’d rather see something where we had to maybe type in our password again after 15 minutes to use checkout or shop account functions, but that you’d stay generally logged in to the site so your discounts still show up and the forum still knows who you are for a significantly longer time. I can seriously spend more than 15 minutes shopping, and I definitely spent more than 15 minutes replying to this post, because I kept thinking of things and then un-thinking them and rethinking them…

I know right? 15 minutes isn’t as long as some people make it out to be. I think simply logging you out completely is a bit of a lazy solution to the problem. The solution you put forward is pretty much exactly what the older website did (even when you were logged in you still needed to “log in” again for shopping actions), and is also similar to what most online banks do (Lloyds TSB requires you to input your password in again before you make any payments), and in the long run makes much more sense.

Posted: 25 May 2012 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  220
Joined  2008-06-12

The forum threads appear to be ordered by the time of creation (most recent first) rather than by the time of the most recent update.  It would be nice to at least give the option to order by update time (as in the olden days), since an update to a very old thread will pass unnoticed.  Or am I missing some kind of clever option?

Posted: 25 May 2012 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2398
Joined  2007-12-07
BishounenTaurus - 25 May 2012 02:51 AM

I know right? 15 minutes isn’t as long as some people make it out to be. I think simply logging you out completely is a bit of a lazy solution to the problem. The solution you put forward is pretty much exactly what the older website did (even when you were logged in you still needed to “log in” again for shopping actions), and is also similar to what most online banks do (Lloyds TSB requires you to input your password in again before you make any payments), and in the long run makes much more sense.

It does rather make a mockery of the ‘remember me’ check box when the forum seems to have the memory retention of a goldfish.  (“Castle? What castle?” ... sorry, in-joke wink)

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 25 May 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2003-10-09

DAZ_ann0314 (or any Mod in the know):

I don’t seem to have the ability to edit my profile.  I would like to add a sig-line.

I read the Forums FAQ’s, and it states I should have a link button in the top right corner titled “Your Control Panel”, but I have no such button on any of my pages (including my Member List page).

I have four link buttons at top right only;  “My Cart”, “My Wishlist”, “My Account” (Yes people, I’ve gone there, in circles several times), and “Log Out”.

For troubleshooting purposes, my user name is not displayed anywhere (not even next to Log Out), and I am using my original log-in/PW.  I know, it was said everyone would need to “rejoin”, but I tried my old log-in, it worked, so I stuck with it.

Could this be the deciding issue?

Do I really need to create a new account just to have one link button to add/edit profile attributes?

Take care all…
Ken

Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 25 May 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  78
Joined  2006-08-24
DaremoK3 - 25 May 2012 12:09 PM

I read the Forums FAQ’s, and it states I should have a link button in the top right corner titled “Your Control Panel”, but I have no such button on any of my pages (including my Member List page).

I have four link buttons at top right only;  “My Cart”, “My Wishlist”, “My Account” (Yes people, I’ve gone there, in circles several times), and “Log Out”.

The two links for profile and editing, at least for me, are in the gray area that is the same color as the background at the edge of the screen, in the space between all the menu bars and the top of the thread box.

First line on right side, dark:  “My cart…etc…Log Out”
Next line, white:  Search box
Next line, beige grey:  Home / Forum Home…etc.
Open space matching light grey background around thread box:  Your public profile, Your control panel
Lighter grey box with blue links
Black box with PM stuff.

Signature 

“I fight for the Elves.”

Posted: 25 May 2012 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-08-24

Let’s see how much I can mess up posting a screen clip…

O, note that those links aren’t on all pages.  They only seem to appear on regular forum browsing pages.  They’re gone as I’m typing this post or if I open the account settings.

Image Attachments
Untitled-5.jpg
 Signature 

“I fight for the Elves.”

Posted: 25 May 2012 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks guys.  I am seeing it now.  Good to go…

I could swear it was not there earlier when I made my post (on any page), but now they are there.

Thank you for your help.  It is much appreciated.

Take care all…
Ken

Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 25 May 2012 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2006-09-09
SimonJM - 25 May 2012 10:45 AM
BishounenTaurus - 25 May 2012 02:51 AM

It does rather make a mockery of the ‘remember me’ check box when the forum seems to have the memory retention of a goldfish.  (“Castle? What castle?” ... sorry, in-joke wink)

I wish they’d get a new goldfish; maybe one that’s been genetically altered to have a memory like an elephant.smirk  I liked being able to sign in in the morning….go dilly dallying around throughout the day, come back & just be able to pop in for whatever without having to constantly sign in.

At least, now Daz isn’t trying to influence me to munch on some pancakes with the asking me if I’m not this guy with a name that reminds of a famous syrup.shut eye

Signature 

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We are on the same side now.
cool grin
Old post count: 2426
cool smile
Me on Facebook
My Freebies
My Gallery

Posted: 25 May 2012 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  190
Joined  2006-01-14

It would be nice if people stopped posting the names of others in the forum of those wrong names popping up for them in the store. Moderators…?

Posted: 25 May 2012 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-08-24

...whut?

Signature 

“I fight for the Elves.”

Posted: 25 May 2012 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2003-10-09

Whenever I post from Safari 5.1.7 it reports the the “Site is not secure. Continue?”

6 of 39