Digital Art Zone

35 of 39
Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link
Posted: 21 June 2012 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 511 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  428
Joined  2005-11-06

6. Threads newly posted to will not pop back to the top of the list. All Threads remain stationary regardless of new posts to them.

I find this the most un-user friendly part of the fourms. I know you can choose to ‘View New Posts’ or today’s active topics but this doesn’t filter by forum, so is not user friendly etiher. I find I visit the forums less now because of it.  I think the phpbb forum was much better and don’t quite understand why that had to change as it’s known reliable software which can easily be incorporated into sites..downer

Signature 

BEGINNERS TUTORIALS FOR BRYCE
MY DAZ 3d STORE  for Bryce & DAZ Studio Materials and Shaders
BRYCE ARENA News and resources for Bryce

Posted: 22 June 2012 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 512 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1281
Joined  2008-03-30
T Jaiman - 21 June 2012 05:32 PM
IanzThingz - 21 June 2012 01:15 PM

Finally got thru changing my old forum links to forumarchive so they work now smile

Now that you no longer need it, there’s this thing…

Hint: automatic redirect for old forum with firefox addon
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1589

Yh, cheers for that, but I’m a chrome user, unless its compatible? smile

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 22 June 2012 03:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 513 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02

Hehheh, good point. smirk Probably not compatible at all.

(Yet the sales pitch continues…)

I don’t tend to think of that… I have Firefox as default, and run IE at the same time, whenever it does something better.
They play well together, so I’d hope Chrome does too.

Sounds like Chrome is getting people past some bugs I haven’t hit yet. I’ll probably be needing it soon.

The redirector is a big deal to me, because I’m still googling the archives for all sorts of topics.
Copying dozens of possible hits, for search&replace; gets old fast.

I hope we see the day when we don’t need workarounds…

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 22 June 2012 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 514 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30

I don’t even know why they had to change it, I mean the new forums are www.daz3d.com/forums and the old was www.forum.daz3d.com so its not as if there would have been any confusion, unless of course they were thinking of new users?

Signature 

Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 22 June 2012 03:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 515 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
IanzThingz - 22 June 2012 03:33 AM

I don’t even know why they had to change it, I mean the new forums are www.daz3d.com/forums and the old was www.forum.daz3d.com so its not as if there would have been any confusion, unless of course they were thinking of new users?

Yeah, there’s no conflict in the old and new addresses. I’m puzzled, too. They’d planned to leave it the same. No idea what changed about that.

Over there, one of the moderators said it had been decided to leave them at the same address, for the sake of old bookmarks.

Meanwhile Google has its search results spread over 4 addresses (ruining site search).

Three click right through, but the original addy needs to be translated.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Posted: 22 June 2012 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 516 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30

Yh, I remember that being said also, is a question of the left hand not knowing what the right is up to I wonder? wink

Signature 

Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 22 June 2012 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 517 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  78
Joined  2006-08-24
Eva1 - 21 June 2012 11:20 PM

6. Threads newly posted to will not pop back to the top of the list. All Threads remain stationary regardless of new posts to them.

I find this the most un-user friendly part of the fourms. I know you can choose to ‘View New Posts’ or today’s active topics but this doesn’t filter by forum, so is not user friendly etiher. I find I visit the forums less now because of it.  I think the phpbb forum was much better and don’t quite understand why that had to change as it’s known reliable software which can easily be incorporated into sites..downer

The likely reason on this one is that the store and forum software was a package deal.  Kind of like a free trailer with a truck.  Even if you have a trailer that you used with your old truck, when you get the new one it seems a shame not to use the shiny new trailer.

Or if you like, there’s always this possible scenario…

DAZ management:  “We paid for it, we’re gonna use it.”
Customers:  “It don’t work!”
Staff:  “We know…”
Management:  “It will work.  We paid for it, so it will work.  Make it work…”
Staff:  “Grr…”
Customers:  “Grr…”

Perhaps the management is being stubborn, perhaps the software support people are being stubborn.  Most likely the true situation is an area somewhere in the middle of all the things we can imagine that would lead to what we’re seeing.  I have faith that DAZ will make its customers happy in the end and while we may have a few bumps in the road, those that stick with it will be rewarded in some way yet unforeseen.  It will get better and I’ll be surprised if some of the people jumping in the lifeboats don’t wish they had stuck around for the party.  Gonna cost ‘em $30 extra to get back in…

Signature 

“I fight for the Elves.”

Posted: 22 June 2012 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 518 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15928
Joined  2003-10-09

THe Store and the forum are too much connected to be able to do things any other way that the way they have gone.

However they are searching for ways to tweak the forums all the time, so it will get there, believe and send good vibes, it will happen, eventually.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 22 June 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 519 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7945
Joined  2004-07-21

I get logged out of the forum so often.  Sometimes it happens after i post and then go to a different thread and what? I am logged out.  I try to log in, but it says I am logged in and goes to my account page.  i have to log out and log back in and then after all that ordeal I have to go search for the thread I was reading last as it will not take me to that after i log back in.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 22 June 2012 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 520 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7681
Joined  2006-03-19

Happens to me about 5 times a day.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 22 June 2012 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 521 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30
Miss Bad Wolf - 22 June 2012 11:47 AM

I get logged out of the forum so often.  Sometimes it happens after i post and then go to a different thread and what? I am logged out.  I try to log in, but it says I am logged in and goes to my account page.  i have to log out and log back in and then after all that ordeal I have to go search for the thread I was reading last as it will not take me to that after i log back in.

Cho gave me a good idea, I have taken to copying long posts before I submit, in case it messes up!

Signature 

Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 22 June 2012 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 522 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7681
Joined  2006-03-19

I do the same.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 22 June 2012 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 523 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
Miss Bad Wolf - 22 June 2012 11:47 AM

i have to log out and log back in and then after all that ordeal I have to go search for the thread I was reading last as it will not take me to that after i log back in.

And now the thread has probably been marked read, so it doesn’t stand out, or show in new posts. confused

Yeah, used to happen to me about 20 times per day. Then 0 per day… back to 20… and now 0 again…

I think I see where this is heading… <cringe>

Signature 

Posted: 22 June 2012 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 524 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
Frank0314 - 22 June 2012 12:49 PM

Being logged out, or being logged out during a post? smile

Signature 

Posted: 22 June 2012 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 525 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30
T Jaiman - 22 June 2012 01:12 PM
Frank0314 - 22 June 2012 12:49 PM

Being logged out, or being logged out during a post? smile

Both :/