32 of 39
Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link
Posted: 17 June 2012 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 466 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17150
Joined  2003-10-09
Bea - 16 June 2012 10:25 PM

Interesting, I got a notification that someone had just posted a new post to this thread but when I clicked on the link I got sent to a page that said

Error

The following errors were encountered

The specified thread does not exist

This probably happened because a lot of off topic stuff was split off into it’s own thread.  It seems to be the new forums version of “No posts exist for this topic” message which you got on the old forums if posts had been moved or hidden.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 17 June 2012 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 467 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1144
Joined  2003-10-09
Bea - 15 June 2012 02:06 AM

To be honest, what I can’t understand is that there is any commercial forum software out there that doesn’t have easy options to put the new threads at the top of the list and to move any threads with new posts to the top of the list. It just doesn’t seem logical that there would be.

There is and DAZ is using the software.  :(

Sorting that way is actually one of the default options.

Go figure.

Posted: 17 June 2012 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 468 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12613
Joined  2007-11-06
Damsel - 15 June 2012 11:41 PM

I just bought the Genisis boots. My antivirus promptly pounced on the file and ATE it, saying it was dangerous.  I have Norton 369, which HATES a lot of Daz productsl this wasn’t the first time it killed a file. I would like to get that product. Putting in a call to customeer service.

...interesting, I’ve been running the full Norton IS suite for several years and while it occasionally flags a new product installer for not having been DL’d by enough Norton users yet, I never had it actually reject, quarantine, or kill anything from Daz.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 17 June 2012 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 469 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  398
Joined  0

Here’s my opinion on the state of the forum.

1. The forum is suffering. Due to the fact that new posts do not bump threads to the top, its usefulness is greatly diminished.

2. The forum serves as a springboard for new purchases in the “Store”. Diminished forum use will result in diminished purchases, possibly even lost customers.

3. Effort needs to be put into correcting the thread sort order problem now, even if the store is not working 100%.

4. Other forum problems such as avatars, in-line images, image order control, auto resizing of images, bad smileys, log-out issues, etc. can be tolerated more easily, and can wait.

Signature 

-Dean

DAZ Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1922/

Posted: 17 June 2012 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 470 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05
Kyoto Kid - 17 June 2012 02:32 PM

I just bought the Genisis boots. My antivirus promptly pounced on the file and ATE it, saying it was dangerous.  I have Norton 369, which HATES a lot of Daz productsl this wasn’t the first time it killed a file. I would like to get that product. Putting in a call to customeer service.

...interesting, I’ve been running the full Norton IS suite for several years and while it occasionally flags a new product installer for not having been DL’d by enough Norton users yet, I never had it actually reject, quarantine, or kill anything from Daz.

Starting yesterday I’ve had Norton quarantine my downloads from Daz, not all of them. It let the fantasy bath through without problem, but others that have been out longer it quarantiened, saying it had WS.Reputation.1 I can go in and get it to restore the file but it’s a pain. Prior to that the worst I had happen was them tell me they may not be safe. This is new however.

Posted: 17 June 2012 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 471 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7995
Joined  2006-03-19

Once the store is functioning correctly I’m sure these are issue that will be worked on. I know we have brought them to their attention on several occasions.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 17 June 2012 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 472 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
Sunfire - 17 June 2012 03:10 PM

Starting yesterday I’ve had Norton quarantine my downloads from Daz, not all of them. It let the fantasy bath through without problem, but others that have been out longer it quarantiened, saying it had WS.Reputation.1 I can go in and get it to restore the file but it’s a pain. Prior to that the worst I had happen was them tell me they may not be safe. This is new however.

Try running the installer through my utility to get past norton’s catch.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 17 June 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 473 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-05
Kendall Sears - 17 June 2012 03:13 PM

Kendall

It is when it is downloaded that it is caught by Nortons, not when I try to run the installer. Never get the chance to run the installer before Norton is on it like a duck on a beetle.

Posted: 17 June 2012 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 474 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
Sunfire - 17 June 2012 04:09 PM

Kendall

It is when it is downloaded that it is caught by Nortons, not when I try to run the installer. Never get the chance to run the installer before Norton is on it like a duck on a beetle.

Ouch.  You probably want to turn off Norton’s for downloading from DAZ for the time being.  The corruption at the end of the files are going to cause problems.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 17 June 2012 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 475 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-05
Kendall Sears - 17 June 2012 04:16 PM
Sunfire - 17 June 2012 04:09 PM

Kendall

Ouch.  You probably want to turn off Norton’s for downloading from DAZ for the time being.  The corruption at the end of the files are going to cause problems.

Kendall

I’ve not encountered any corrupted files. I have had a few files that didn’t completely download, but those were incomplete files. Otherwise my files have been fine.

Posted: 17 June 2012 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 476 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12613
Joined  2007-11-06

...stinkin’ timeout, lost everything I had written after spending nearly an hour in research and testing.  They really need to expand the time limit.

Anyway, ran a little test.

Reset the download on some older content   I noticed that the installer was apparently updated and consequently, received the usual “not enough Norton users” message. Since I had already DL’d this prop a couple years ago, clicked on “Trusted” and the file installed without a hitch.  Now the original prop used one of the old Daz .exes (the one with the red and grey icon) and had separate installers for the Daz and Poser shaders. The new installer handled both formats in the same operation (there is also now a Metadata installer for Studio 4 as well).  This could possibly be what N360 is barfing on as maybe something with the installer conversion is causing it to send up red flags where it didn’t before.

The one odd thing I did notice though, the file I chose appeared to have been modified as well since I last installed it as on the readme page it now lists the application requirements as being Daz Studio 3+ and Poser 6+.  I remember that this prop originally would not work in Studio 3 because of compatibility issues 3 had with some older shaders (which is why I kept Studio 2.3 around).  So, this could be another thing Norton sees that it doesn’t particularly like.

A bit of good news though,  During my research I noticed that some of the other old content I reset now has .zip installers for the PC platform so things may be looking up.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 19 June 2012 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 477 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1849
Joined  2008-05-31

I’ve noticed that if you accidently purchase an item you already own, the existing item in the history will be overwritten with the new one, including new date and order #. Is that supposed to be so? And if you return the new copy, will it revert to the old one again, or what?

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 19 June 2012 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 478 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7995
Joined  2006-03-19

Same happened to me. I’m not sure if its suppose to or not. May be worth submitting it to bug tracker.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 19 June 2012 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 479 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2007-10-08

The new store is suppose to check for items purchased in this new store to see if it’s already been purchased. This is not currently the case with items purchased on the old store. We will offer refunds to anyone who needs based on previously purchased items from our old store.

I hope at some point this will be fixed. I just don’t know the schedule of it at this time.

Posted: 19 June 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 480 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1849
Joined  2008-05-31
Frank0314 - 19 June 2012 11:18 AM

Same happened to me. I’m not sure if its suppose to or not. May be worth submitting it to bug tracker.

Will do that…

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

32 of 39