Digital Art Zone

31 of 39
Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link
Posted: 15 June 2012 12:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 451 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2006-08-24

Another minor issue to add to the list…  I’ve been logged out of the forum automatically a few times tonight, and as annoying as it was, I was asked for my username and password.  Rejected.  Looked it up and typed it in manually.  Rejected.  Hmm.  (Thought hard.)  Tried e-mail and password.  Success!  Please do update the text for that form to request an e-mail address instead of user name.

Is a “Last edited on xx-xx-xxxx at xx:xx” in the list of bells and whistles to velcro onto the car?  (Or the forum…whatever.)

Seven posts to go before I’m not a newbie anymore…a newbie from 2006…heh!

Signature 

“I fight for the Elves.”

Posted: 15 June 2012 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 452 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  174
Joined  2004-06-23

To be honest, what I can’t understand is that there is any commercial forum software out there that doesn’t have easy options to put the new threads at the top of the list and to move any threads with new posts to the top of the list. It just doesn’t seem logical that there would be.

Posted: 15 June 2012 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 453 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-06-23

I don’t like all the changes to Daz Studio.  The old system worked perfectly fine and now they have just screwed up the whole system and it is working worse.  I am so disappointed in Daz.  They have still not given us our art galleries back for ArtZone.  My friends enjoyed viewing my art gallery and now I have no resource on daz that is showing our art galleries.  I thought ArtZone was cool and how it show cased our art galleries.  I want ArtZone back.  The other daz studio galleries have too many demands, sizing and qualifications if they show the art you post or not.  It takes the fun out of art by putting too many restrictions on the art itself.

Image Attachments
1aaaaaaaaa_ABikiniV4a9.jpg

Posted: 15 June 2012 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 454 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1815
Joined  2005-06-08
Epeaches - 15 June 2012 05:42 AM

. . . I am so disappointed in Daz.  They have still not given us our art galleries back for ArtZone.  My friends enjoyed viewing my art gallery and now I have no resource on daz that is showing our art galleries.  I thought ArtZone was cool and how it show cased our art galleries.  I want ArtZone back.  The other daz studio galleries have too many demands, sizing and qualifications if they show the art you post or not.  It takes the fun out of art by putting too many restrictions on the art itself.

Have you considered deviantART?  Much wider exposure, and easy for your friends to see without them having to log on.  Here’s my dA gallery (note the easy-to-use folders on the left) and here’s my dA profile page.  People can also get together and show their art in Groups for whatever reasons (for example, I’m running one dedicated to umbrellas and parasols in art, here).

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 15 June 2012 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 455 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02

Are removed-post notifications supposed to be working?

They removed some off-topic fun, heh.

Granted, it rarely worked on the old forum, for me. (Spam box option is shut off, so I never miss anything… including spam, of course).

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 15 June 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 456 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15586
Joined  2003-10-09

That depends whether it was moved or merged. If it was moved to make a new thread, then only the person who made the first post in the “New” thread may get a notification. If it was was merged then only the “owner” of the merged thread will get a notification. If it was just one post that was moved then the poster could get both a notification of it being moved, and an explanatory email from the Forum Team.

Was it anything in particular that you were looking for ?

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 15 June 2012 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 457 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02

Edit: Oh, hey, I just found the thread they got spun off to.

That’s pretty cool! surprised

I just assumed they got removed-from-public-view.

Nothing to report, then. red face

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Posted: 15 June 2012 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 458 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2003-10-09

I just bought the Genisis boots. My antivirus promptly pounced on the file and ATE it, saying it was dangerous.  I have Norton 369, which HATES a lot of Daz productsl this wasn’t the first time it killed a file. I would like to get that product. Putting in a call to customeer service.

Posted: 15 June 2012 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 459 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8513
Joined  2007-11-06
Damsel - 15 June 2012 11:41 PM

I just bought the Genisis boots. My antivirus promptly pounced on the file and ATE it, saying it was dangerous.  I have Norton 369, which HATES a lot of Daz productsl this wasn’t the first time it killed a file. I would like to get that product. Putting in a call to customeer service.

Unfortunately Customer Service can’t do much about that—you need to configure Norton to either allow files from DAZ 3D or to alert you but not delete the file automatically.  Then you can test the file with other antivirus programs (I usually use virustotal.com, which allows you to submit a file and run it through 40+ security programs, but I don’t recall what their file size limit is).  Norton tends to pounce on any unknown executable file which hasn’t been downloaded by a lot of people.  When DAZ 3D finishes switching everything to Zip files this should be less of a problem.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 16 June 2012 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 460 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2003-10-09

How do I configure Norton to leave the files alone?

Posted: 16 June 2012 01:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 461 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
Damsel - 16 June 2012 12:13 AM

How do I configure Norton to leave the files alone?

This page might help - Click Me.

And there are other steps you can take:

Taozen’s downloader will strip off little bits of junk that get tacked onto the ends of files, that might stop Norton from freaking.
http://taosoft.dk/software/3DConDo/

You could download it in Safe Mode with Networking, if you’re on Windows.
And scan it, like fixmypcmike says.
Then install it. And/or install it to a temporary folder and zip that up, so you’ll have it.
Then reboot back to normal Windows (if that’s what you’re running), and see if Norton still hates the downloaded version.

By the way, Taozen has made a thingy that’ll let you keep track of what you’ve bought:
http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

The store doesn’t stop you from buying something twice - it used to, and it will again (when they fix it).

Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2012 10:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 462 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  174
Joined  2004-06-23

Interesting, I got a notification that someone had just posted a new post to this thread but when I clicked on the link I got sent to a page that said

Error

The following errors were encountered

The specified thread does not exist

Posted: 17 June 2012 12:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 463 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  999
Joined  2003-10-09
fixmypcmike - 14 June 2012 05:40 PM
Spit - 14 June 2012 04:56 PM

And, honestly, it was an easy enough fix to put the latest posted thread on top. It’s just as easy to put the thread with the latest posted to date/time on top. It’s really not rocket science.

Unfortunately it isn’t—newest thread on top was a configuration issue which was able to be done by people other than the web developers.  Newest post on top apparently isn’t just a configuration issue.

Actually, it is a configuration issue—well a forum management control panel issue. I spent a few hours yesterday researching EE via google, their support forum and wiki. I noted immediately their support forum behaves like the old DAZ Forum with latest posted to topic on top. That is actually one of the defaults.

I took some notes:

module called discussion forum module

the following has been found in several places for current version as seemingly standard syntax….note what I found earlier re order by—looks like order by has evolved but basic common sense functionality remains.

(I think sort order of posts in forums after initial forum creation is controlled via ‘edit’ of specific forum in the forum management control panel. Looks like no way to change this across all forums at once. CAN change the creation default template that will affect all future forums…...)

———————————
orderby=

orderby=“post_date” The “order” parameter sets the display order of the forum topics. Setting options for this parameter include:

orderby=”post_date”
  orderby=”recent_post”
  orderby=”title”

sort=

sort=“asc” sort=“desc” The sort order can be “asc” (ascending order or “oldest item first” for dates) or “desc” (descending order or “newest item first” for dates). If you do not use a sort order the default is desc.

The above is for the latest version. The syntax is different for the original version of EE but the choices are the same.

Posted: 17 June 2012 03:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 464 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1494
Joined  2010-06-29
fixmypcmike - 15 June 2012 11:55 PM
Damsel - 15 June 2012 11:41 PM

Unfortunately Customer Service can’t do much about that—you need to configure Norton to either allow files from DAZ 3D or to alert you but not delete the file automatically.  Then you can test the file with other antivirus programs (I usually use virustotal.com, which allows you to submit a file and run it through 40+ security programs, but I don’t recall what their file size limit is).  Norton tends to pounce on any unknown executable file which hasn’t been downloaded by a lot of people.  When DAZ 3D finishes switching everything to Zip files this should be less of a problem.

have the same problem with genX but I haven`t found a possibility in the norton settings to allow downloads from single sites like daz3d

Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 17 June 2012 03:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 465 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1494
Joined  2010-06-29

I can do what I want on settings. Norton remove the genX 64 bit version right after the download.

normaly I will be asked by norton what it should do if there are dangerous or unknown files but not on genX 64bit this will be removed everytime without any asking by norton.

Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

31 of 39