Digital Art Zone

28 of 39
Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link
Posted: 09 June 2012 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 406 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2009-07-22

That appears to be a thread for accounts problems, but seems to have other questions as well.  Considering Daz’s “Jump-to-itive” approach in the past, I’m kind of surprised there isn’t a thread with a big label telling everybody to effectivlely, ‘Bring it on.”  That’s one of the things I liked about Daz, that transparency. In the past people were pretty good and gave both positives and negatives and it wasn’t just a screamer thread.
That being said, I have to see if I can find out why 8% tax is being charged sometimes and then not others.
Thank you.

Posted: 10 June 2012 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 407 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2004-05-02

Is there any plans to change the order history to the old format?  I am tired of having to search through multiple pages to find a product I have bought.  I liked the old format where I could change how it was presented, either by product or date. 

I like all of the orders on ONE page.  Not hundreds, as I so much I have bought before the store got totally messed up!

I still have not been able to get to my wishlist.  I haven’t seen it since “the change”.  too bad we can’t vote it out too!

Posted: 10 June 2012 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 408 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7625
Joined  2006-03-19
Sherry - 10 June 2012 11:18 AM

Is there any plans to change the order history to the old format?  I am tired of having to search through multiple pages to find a product I have bought.  I liked the old format where I could change how it was presented, either by product or date. 

I like all of the orders on ONE page.  Not hundreds, as I so much I have bought before the store got totally messed up!

I still have not been able to get to my wishlist.  I haven’t seen it since “the change”.  too bad we can’t vote it out too!

Yes there are plans to change the ordering of the forums. They will bump threads with new posts to the beginning just like the old forum. But, it has to wait until the more important issues are worked out first.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 10 June 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 409 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8535
Joined  2007-11-06

There are plans to restore the old features, but no timetable, as there are more pressing issues currently.

Apparently there’s a glitch with the item “Crazy Nights” (haven’t heard of it happening with any other items)—you can’t add it to your cart, and if you add it to your wishlist the wishlist won’t work.

For now, the workaround is to go to your Account Dashboard, which shows your 5 most recent wishlist items.  Move them to your cart, then refresh the page to get the next 5, and so on until you can delete Crazy Nights.  Then your wishlist should work and you can move the items from your cart back to the wishlist by checking all the boxes and clicking “Update shopping cart”.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 10 June 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 410 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04
fixmypcmike - 10 June 2012 11:32 AM

There are plans to restore the old features, but no timetable, as there are more pressing issues currently.

Apparently there’s a glitch with the item “Crazy Nights” (haven’t heard of it happening with any other items)—you can’t add it to your cart, and if you add it to your wishlist the wishlist won’t work.

For now, the workaround is to go to your Account Dashboard, which shows your 5 most recent wishlist items.  Move them to your cart, then refresh the page to get the next 5, and so on until you can delete Crazy Nights.  Then your wishlist should work and you can move the items from your cart back to the wishlist by checking all the boxes and clicking “Update shopping cart”.

I am so thankful I had already purchased “Crazy Nights” before the switch to the new site because that sounds like a PITA for someone who has a extensive wishlist.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 12 June 2012 05:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 411 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2003-10-09

you probably already know this but if you put an item in your cart that you have previously bought a year ago, there is no warning that you have already purchased it.
Also I cannot display just mac versions of the downloadable items that i have bought.  And without those stripes we used to have it is easy to download the same thing twice and miss downloading something else.
Also when looking at my previous orders I could not reorder my items by dates.

Posted: 12 June 2012 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 412 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2012-06-03

I know absolutely nothing about all the techie stuff with computers etc. but I seem to remember something similar happening on another website a few years ago also experiencing big problems with a new set-up, however they’d kept the old system running parallel until the new one had finished its teething problems. I remember people saying thank goodness and good thinking as it was quite a while before the new one was ready, even then the old one remained on permanent stand-by just in case.

Is this a possible here or has the old system gone for good ?

Signature 

“Those curious locks so aptly twin’d,
Whose every hair a soul doth bind.”
Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 12 June 2012 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 413 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  995
Joined  2007-11-28
esther - 12 June 2012 05:28 AM

you probably already know this but if you put an item in your cart that you have previously bought a year ago, there is no warning that you have already purchased it.

Indeed; I’m so glad that I copied my itemized purchase history into a spreadsheet before the old site went down…

Signature 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
\Who gives a Rat’s Keister how many posts I had at the old Forum? LOL

Posted: 12 June 2012 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 414 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  695
Joined  2003-10-09
Marcuse - 12 June 2012 05:53 AM

I know absolutely nothing about all the techie stuff with computers etc. but I seem to remember something similar happening on another website a few years ago also experiencing big problems with a new set-up, however they’d kept the old system running parallel until the new one had finished its teething problems. I remember people saying thank goodness and good thinking as it was quite a while before the new one was ready, even then the old one remained on permanent stand-by just in case.

Is this a possible here or has the old system gone for good ?

We’ve been told that it was not possible to run the old & new systems in parallel. ohh 

However the phrase “not possible” needs explanation.  It’s been my experience that it is always possible to run two systems in parallel if you have all of the following. a) sufficient hardware; b) experienced analysts, engineers & technicians;  c) proper planning;  and d) enough money.  I suspect that none of those requirements were available. hmmm

Edited to add:  And what’s up with the list of smileys?  What a bunch of lame emoticons.  There’s no obvious “sad”.  And none of them are labeled in an obvious way.  The purpose of emoticons is to communicate an emotion.  However, the fundamental definition of “communication” is “An exchange of mutually understood symbols”  Those emoticons are so lame and subtle (and not obviously defined) that there is no way that they can be used effectively as a communication symbol. (*sad*)

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 12 June 2012 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 415 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5761
Joined  2006-02-20

I don’t think Smileys are very high on the priority list of things to be fixed ...
I, personally, prefer the store / wishlist / itemized order history to be fixed first too!

I think this one is sad: downer

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 12 June 2012 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 416 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  695
Joined  2003-10-09
Kerya - 12 June 2012 07:16 AM

I don’t think Smileys are very high on the priority list of things to be fixed ...

Well it SHOULD BE!  (*grrr*)  Who needs the store?  I can go for weeks without buying anything but I have a daily need to bitch!  cheese red face

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 12 June 2012 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 417 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
LeatherGryphon - 12 June 2012 07:46 AM

Well it SHOULD BE!  (*grrr*)  Who needs the store?  I can go for weeks without buying anything but I have a daily need to bitch!  cheese red face

ohh
LOL
LOL
LOL
Maybe there should be a poll for the priorities ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 12 June 2012 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 418 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

I, personally, prefer the store / wishlist / itemized order history to be fixed first too!

Agreed still waiting for my first ever order paid on the 4th…. downer

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 12 June 2012 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 419 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
Marcuse - 12 June 2012 07:49 AM

Agreed still waiting for my first ever order paid on the 4th…. downer

Ouch.
Did you contact Zendesk/Customer support?

Signature 

Posted: 12 June 2012 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 420 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Yes got a ticket ok but still no reply….??

Edit: Can’t find the ticket now where would it be kept ?

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

28 of 39