17 of 39
Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link
Posted: 31 May 2012 11:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 241 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6127
Joined  2005-04-16
Kyoto Kid - 31 May 2012 11:02 PM

However, it still makes the experience of using the forums less desirable. Who wants to spend the time cycling though say, 40-50 pages, each with several posts that include attached images (which take longer to load), to get to the first new post, especially if one’s connectivity or the site is slow?  According to the FAQ, this is a permanent limitation of the software. As I mentioned earlier, it makes the reminder emails pretty much useless.

Although I am not siding against you on this, you should note that the email links are now working.  They are consistently bringing me to the first unread post in the topic now.  It’s a welcomed and pleasant “development”.  Get it?  Development?  LOL

If they tell us they can’t change the itemized order history sort order, that might be a deal breaker for a lot of people.  Same for the wish list.  They already lost a sale because I couldn’t stand looking through page after page to find a DAZ Original on which I may have wanted to use that $2 coupon.  That list is useless to me.  I really hope they fix it…and before too long.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 31 May 2012 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 242 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12527
Joined  2007-11-06
DanaTA - 31 May 2012 11:17 PM

However, it still makes the experience of using the forums less desirable. Who wants to spend the time cycling though say, 40-50 pages, each with several posts that include attached images (which take longer to load), to get to the first new post, especially if one’s connectivity or the site is slow?  According to the FAQ, this is a permanent limitation of the software. As I mentioned earlier, it makes the reminder emails pretty much useless.

Although I am not siding against you on this, you should note that the email links are now working.  They are consistently bringing me to the first unread post in the topic now.  It’s a welcomed and pleasant “development”.  Get it?  Development?  LOL

If they tell us they can’t change the itemized order history sort order, that might be a deal breaker for a lot of people.  Same for the wish list.  They already lost a sale because I couldn’t stand looking through page after page to find a DAZ Original on which I may have wanted to use that $2 coupon.  That list is useless to me.  I really hope they fix it…and before too long.

Dana

...noticed that after I originally posted (see revision above).

One thing I do find nice is the way the Announcements are split from the rest of the forum’s contents at the top of each page (and no stickies carried over).  Makes for a much cleaner appearance.

Still have to get used to adding an extra blank line to separate paragraphs (although I have seen this on a couple other forums).

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 01 June 2012 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 243 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  345
Joined  2009-03-17

I’m getting the idea that the web site is being maintained by amateurs. It’s a pitfall small businesses often fall in. Why hire an expert if we can just put Jimmy in accounting on the job? He did a web design course in high school and he’s quite bright so we can save some money by just giving him a small raise to do the job. Wrong. You end up losing money because, as we can clearly see in this case, your business comes to an abrupt halt while you wait for Jimmy to learn how to build a store and set up a forum with software he knows nothing about. Jimmy is put under enormous stress and the accountant is back on medication for depression and the fans are disgusted. This is your business DAZ. You’re hurting only yourself by these antics. Customers don’t care about your problems. They care about your service.

Just hire an expert already. It will make everyone happy, including Jimmy and the accountant. cheese

Signature 

My life is a symphony nearing a crescendo. There have been too many segues in this piece and I long for a caesura.

Posted: 01 June 2012 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 244 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2005-10-17

I haven’t been here for a few days, I was hoping that they changed the appearence of the Forums.

Posted: 01 June 2012 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 245 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1768
Joined  2010-02-14

Okay, just how many of these are going to show up now?

I know I have one here myself, but now these kinds of topics are beginning to clutter up the forums…

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 246 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  867
Joined  2008-04-30

I have a question regarding the old forums.  With none of the post showing images, is there any way to change the url link to see the images?  Or are those images just gone forever?

-MJ

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 247 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7975
Joined  2006-03-19

Paste the postimages/origimage_1_3412920.jpg at the end of http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/ So it. should look like this

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_1_3412920.jpg

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 01 June 2012 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 248 ]
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2008-12-05

What is the difference between suspend and cancel when it comes to your pc membership?

Posted: 01 June 2012 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 249 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05

Okay… I’ll bite, where did the member’s only forum go?

Posted: 01 June 2012 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 250 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2042
Joined  2011-07-31
Sunfire - 01 June 2012 07:43 PM

It’s my understanding that DAZ took the Members Only forum down to work on the monthly coupon problem.  Don’t worry—it will be back DAZ s—n.  rolleyes

Image Attachments
atticanne1.jpg
 Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 01 June 2012 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 251 ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2008-04-13

hi i cant log into the platinum forum either.
(.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)) my login.
and i cant see the vouchers either.

rené

Posted: 02 June 2012 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 252 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  541
Joined  2010-09-02

...OK when I pre-wrote my response (safer to do so in Notepad as it doesn’t log you out or make your browser error out)

My problem was that I edited inline, and didn’t paste to text often enough. Had to go through a giant PM, trying to figure out where I had those last-minute edits…

But that had to wait until I figured out the login-loop. hmmm

Appears they got the reminder links working correctly (though I thought in the FAQ it mentioned this couldn’t be done).

That should read: “This is a limitation of the forum software, until we hack it.” (Or add a module).
But they have to keep hacking to a minimum until they get all the weird bugs stomped.

Also looks as if the thread sorting has been fixed.

Sorta. Ouch, ‘sort-a’. Pun not intended.

So I guess there has been some progress.

Yeah, it’s like when contractors tear up the place, and you can’t even see the progress for a week.

“Well, they’ve laid enough floorboards to get to the bathroom, now.” blank stare

However we still need a solution to the Itemised Order History. At the very least, there should be a “show all” or “go to page #” option if a “filter by date ordered” is unfeasible.

Ooof. Fought that mess Thursday, during those outages & slowdowns. I wanted to see if Mimic Pro was ever updated (nope).
At about 3 minutes per click… I got to the “L”‘s (15 pages), and hit a persistent “too many connections”.
Tried going one page at a time and still hit it. Had to jump over it, keep going, and work my way back.

Soon as I downloaded, the forum logged me out. Aaaaaand Ann pops in, oh sorry Ann I spotted some stupid mistakes in a post.

So I tried to log out of my account, to log into the forums (login loop). Hourglassed for about 20 minutes, until the place went dark for another 20 minutes.

(I don’t think anyone read my goofs, though, it wasn’t in Commons).

I’ve watched a lot of these bugs hit other folks, while I skate on past. But when bugs hit me, they swarm. gulp

Also correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the My Downloads page in the old store also show the file sizes?  Not a burning issue ATM but would be nice to have eventually.

Yeah, they’ll get to it. S… Be nice to see the progress while I download. Download managers could get exact file sizes, again…

Siiiiiigh… the day it’s all done, and...

Ack! Have to try not to think about it. One day at a time…

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 02 June 2012 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 253 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  541
Joined  2010-09-02
WinterFlame - 01 June 2012 02:33 PM

What is the difference between suspend and cancel when it comes to your pc membership?

I don’t think I’ve heard of “suspend” for PC.

Now I’m curious.

But I can’t check : “You have no subscriptions”

I still have have the $1.99 pricing, and I still get into the member’s forum. So I’ll give it some time, see if it sorts itself out, before I holler at support.

Edit: See next post - by WandW

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 02 June 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 254 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1080
Joined  2007-11-28

There is info here; it’s being worked on…

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1145/

Signature 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
\Who gives a Rat’s Keister how many posts I had at the old Forum? LOL

Posted: 02 June 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 255 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  158
Joined  2010-03-14
DAZ_ann0314 - 23 May 2012 10:46 AM

For those wishing to view information located on the old forums, you can view them here:
(Please note any special forums are currently not viewable)

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/index.php

Would you mind setting the old Forms so we can view the images.
I know there are people who would like to retrieve some of those.

Thank you
Haslor

Signature 

Metadata has a Standard, so please use it!
Creation Instruction coming soon to a Document Center near you.
——————-
Warning: Sitting for more than 6 hours a day is not good for you.
So Stand up, change you desk to a Stand up Desk.
Walking is good for you, so get up and walk for at least a half hour a day.

17 of 39