Digital Art Zone

8 of 39
Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link
Posted: 26 May 2012 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  398
Joined  0
robkelk - 26 May 2012 07:22 PM

I just received my first email notification that a thread that I’m subscribed to received a reply.

The title of the thread is:
Star Trek Builders Thread!

The post can be found at:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/4889/

Clicking on the link in the email took me to the start of the thread, not to the reply.

I wish my email notifications were working! downer

The “permalinks” that should allow you to link to a particular post in the forum are not working properly, unless the post being linked to is on the first page of the thread. So neither links in emails, nor links in posts will take you to the correct post in a thread.

I reported this in post #65 of this thread.

So far I don’t think I’ve seen any of the reported problems solved.
Of course since this is the start of the Memorial Day weekend, I doubt we’ll see any activity until Tuesday. mad

Signature 

-Dean

DAZ Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1922/

Posted: 27 May 2012 12:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2005-04-06

Yuck, now new posts are at the end?  That is a basic forum option.  How can it not be fixable in a single click?  At most a quick manual style change?

Sorry for being so negative, but I am soooooooooooo tired of the problems…..  red face hmmm downer

Signature 

Former Post count 2152.  Somehow adding this makes it hurt a bit less. 

Posted: 27 May 2012 02:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2007-11-04
DaWaterRat - 23 May 2012 12:22 PM

Any chance of getting the forum threads sorted by most recent post?  Or is that a setting somewhere that I missed?

Oh well, I thought it was just me being stupid and not able to see how to do this….I see now that it’s an acknowledged bug, so hopefully….s**n?!

Signature 

My DeviantART Gallery
Old Post Count 1376

Posted: 27 May 2012 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2007-11-04
Wiccan1 - 27 May 2012 12:14 AM

Yuck, now new posts are at the end?  That is a basic forum option.  How can it not be fixable in a single click?  At most a quick manual style change?

Sorry for being so negative, but I am soooooooooooo tired of the problems…..  red face hmmm downer

No apologies needed from my viewpoint - it’s hard to stay positive thru all this.  For many of us, this has been our second home for years; when that infrastructure breaks down, there’s gonna be fallout.  I have OCD, and right now, I feel like someone charged a bulldozer right thru my living room (and I swear that SOB WAVED!!!! at me as they drove by smile )

Please tell me that the posting order issue will change!!!

Signature 

My DeviantART Gallery
Old Post Count 1376

Posted: 27 May 2012 03:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  725
Joined  2005-03-08

date format isn’t working either… it’s all back to front and a PITA

eg.. 05/27/2012 instead of 27/05/2012

choosing European format doesn’t fix it. cool smirk

Signature 

“I am,... Therefore I think”

Posted: 27 May 2012 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  345
Joined  2009-03-17

Not sure if someone mentioned this but the PM system needs work as well. Messages is received just fine but those sent to others are not showing up under Sent.

Signature 

My life is a symphony nearing a crescendo. There have been too many segues in this piece and I long for a caesura.

Posted: 27 May 2012 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2011-05-27

Sorry if this has been mentioned or if this is not the right place to mention it but….

In the old forums, if I was viewing say The Commons and clicked on “Mark all Read”, it would just mark all the topics in The Commons as read.  The link in the new forums marks ALL posts in ALL threads as read, no matter where you are.

FYI

Signature 

DAZ Studio 4 Pro user, Poser Pro 2012 user, Bryce 7 Pro user, Vue 8 Complete user, Photoshop CS4 user.

Posted: 27 May 2012 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  541
Joined  2010-09-02
Harry Dresden - 27 May 2012 03:38 AM

Not sure if someone mentioned this but the PM system needs work as well. Messages is received just fine but those sent to others are not showing up under Sent.

There’s a checkbox you have to tick, for it to show up in Sent, every blasted time. (Why?)

Forgot that once… irritating.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 27 May 2012 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  251
Joined  2003-10-09

I wish the notification ebots would at least have the name of the thread in the subject line like the old forum ebots did.

Signature 

Posted: 27 May 2012 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2003-10-09

Have found related posts.  Seems this is just one of a multitude of FUBARs that is being worked on.  Do hope it will be soon.  The forum experience is getting to be a miserable one.

Just wondering, does Daz have a dedicated team working on this update situation, or do they have one soul (who happens to have other responsibilities at Daz) working on this mess?

Posted: 27 May 2012 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

In the Control Panel area, when you get into that area shows you your first page which seems to be very messed up…

See the image below.  If this is on purpose I think you guys are smoking way to much weed.  It’s confusing and annoying to see my persona information misaligned like that!  Please add that to the list to fix!  THANKS!

Image Attachments
ForumControlPanel-Your_Account_Statistics.jpg
 Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 27 May 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17129
Joined  2003-10-09

WindTrancer I am merging your post with the thread that is about web site issues

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 27 May 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2003-10-09
chohole - 27 May 2012 11:03 AM

WindTrancer I am merging your post with the thread that is about web site issues

so where is my post?

Posted: 27 May 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
RankRank
Joined  0
Cherokee - 27 May 2012 09:34 AM

I wish the notification ebots would at least have the name of the thread in the subject line like the old forum ebots did.

I wish the notification ebots at least worked to send notifications!
I’m still not getting any, and I don’t think I’m alone.
I’m beginning to feel like they have just given up on solving the problem. downer

Signature 

-Dean

Posted: 27 May 2012 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
RankRank
Joined  0
RAMWolff - 27 May 2012 10:35 AM

In the Control Panel area, when you get into that area shows you your first page which seems to be very messed up…

See the image below.  If this is on purpose I think you guys are smoking way to much weed.  It’s confusing and annoying to see my persona information misaligned like that!  Please add that to the list to fix!  THANKS!

I’m seeing the same staggered misalignment.

The “View Subscriptions” page has the same problem.

Signature 

-Dean

8 of 39