Digital Art Zone

1 of 39
Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link
Posted: 23 May 2012 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1358
Joined  2004-02-13

Currently the following are known issues on the forums that are still being worked on:

1. Unable to post images to posts
UPDATE: Being worked on now it seems so you can post an image in a thread but sizing is completely broken atm so it will not resize your images if they are large which could make for some wide threads. All images in the thread will display the size of the largest image posted as it is not resizing atm so for now maybe attempt to post a 600 wide version with a link to larger versions..please see below for example on how to do this…
2. Due to the same issue causing #1, adding an Avatar to your account is also not working (This may also effect sig tag banners atm as well)
3. Some Forum Members may not be able to see special forums such as Platinum Club (Members Only etc) If you are one of these people, please contact me in the forums via PM so I can add you to the list to have your forum permissions fixed.
4. New Post E-bots may not be working so you may not receive an e-bot that someone has replied. This should now be working.
5. New Threads appear at the bottom of the forum list instead of at the top as in the previous forums (except in the new Commercial Forums for some reason..that one is displaying in the right order) This has been fixed and works as the old forums, latest topics listed first.
6. Threads newly posted to will not pop back to the top of the list. All Threads remain stationary regardless of new posts to them.
7. Some forum actions such as Marking All Posts Read may kick you back to the Main DAZ3D Homepage
8. Forum Filters are not available at this time. As such, please do not post images featuring nudity or violence until we can get the Tag System Fixed. For Commercial threads, please mark them [COMMERCIAL] at the end of the thread title so people know it is commercial. Example: Alisha for V4 and Genesis [COMMERCIAL]

For those wishing to view information located on the old forums, you can view them here:
(Please note any special forums are currently not viewable)

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/index.php

Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 23 May 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2006-09-09

I don’t know if this is related to posting images, but when will we be able to add our avatars?  I’ve just tried & it gives an error message about not being able to assign the image.red face

Signature 

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We are on the same side now.
cool grin
Old post count: 2426
cool smile
Me on Facebook
My Freebies
My Gallery

Posted: 23 May 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7902
Joined  2006-03-19

They are currently working on several minor forum issues and hopefully get them all fixed as soon as possible.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 23 May 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-02-13

Yeah that is related to the image posting. I don’t have an estimated time frame at the moment of when that will be fixed, though I will post it to this list as well as let you all know when it is fixed smile

Signature 

Posted: 23 May 2012 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2005-01-28

I see we can navigate to the next or previous post (according the list when we first clicked the thread) from the bottom of the thread but I hope we can get the main forum navigation bar at the bottom too. That way we don’t have to scroll to the top each time we want to go back to the thread list. I always go back to the commons (or whatever section I’m in) to see what threads have been updated before clicking on one. It’s not really a huge deal but more of a convenience thing.

Posted: 23 May 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-02-13
Quasar - 23 May 2012 11:36 AM

I see we can navigate to the next or previous post (according the list when we first clicked the thread) from the bottom of the thread but I hope we can get the main forum navigation bar at the bottom too. That way we don’t have to scroll to the top each time we want to go back to the thread list. I always go back to the commons (or whatever section I’m in) to see what threads have been updated before clicking on one. It’s not really a huge deal but more of a convenience thing.

I will make a note of that request smile

Anyone experiencing any issue not on my list or anyone with thoughts or suggestions, please feel free to post to this thread smile

Signature 

Posted: 23 May 2012 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1481
Joined  2006-07-04

Any chance of getting the forum threads sorted by most recent post?  Or is that a setting somewhere that I missed?

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 23 May 2012 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15203
Joined  2003-10-09

Sort is a known issue, sadly.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 23 May 2012 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  183
Joined  2012-01-01

Another problem with the Mark All Posts Read is that it does not matter in which thread/section you are in it Marks every single post in the entire forum as read.

Posted: 23 May 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-02-13

UPDATE: Being worked on now it seems so you can post an image in a thread but sizing is completely broken atm so it will not resize your images if they are large which could make for some wide threads. All images in the thread will display the size of the largest image posted as it is not resizing atm so for now maybe attempt to post a 600x600 version with a link to larger versions as seen below:

To View the Larger Version of the image below please see the following link:
Nightfall Image Large Version

Image Attachments
DAForumAlisha.jpg
CodeView.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 23 May 2012 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1320
Joined  2011-09-13

so that is cool that images are almost working.
though, is it supposed to do that thing where it is showing the forum code of your post again in that field below the image?

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 23 May 2012 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-02-13
Storypilot - 23 May 2012 02:38 PM

though, is it supposed to do that thing where it is showing the forum code of your post again in that field below the image?

Yes smile That is a screenshot of what the code looked like for how I added that image for those curious smile

Signature 

Posted: 23 May 2012 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1320
Joined  2011-09-13
DAZ_ann0314 - 23 May 2012 02:40 PM

Yes smile That is a screenshot of what the code looked like for how I added that image for those curious smile

Ha! Oops, sorry I get it now. Thank you.
Everything is new and unfamiliar and it seemed like anything could be within the realm of possibility, but I obviously wasn’t paying close enough attention.

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 23 May 2012 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-02-13
Storypilot - 23 May 2012 03:03 PM
DAZ_ann0314 - 23 May 2012 02:40 PM

Ha! Oops, sorry I get it now. Thank you.
Everything is new and unfamiliar and it seemed like anything could be within the realm of possibility, but I obviously wasn’t paying close enough attention.

hehe Thats ok smile Trust me I understand the forums are confusing at the moment smile

On that note Please keep re-looking over my original post as I will be updating it with newly found issues we know about etc as we find them smile

Signature 

Posted: 23 May 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  361
Joined  2003-11-24

Okay, so… are we going to be able to link images for display from other sites (like my DeviantArt page), or are we going to have to start actually uploading all our images to the forum for display?

Posted: 23 May 2012 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2003-10-09

Is there a way to log in to the old forum? When I click on the link I get the error “Invalid GET Data”.
If you are not logged in the pictures won’t show…

1 of 39