Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
OH MY GOD DAZ… STOP WITH THE PC CLUB ISSUES- REALLY!
Posted: 27 November 2012 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  640
Joined  2008-07-16

REALLY!  WHAT THE HELL IS STILL GOING ON HERE !?!?

I just got a order confirmation for PC club renewal

ONLY I DID NOT RENEW IT!

I though about it, but I doubt FRIGGIN MAGENTO has the ability to read thoughts, since it can barely take orders right…

This is VERY disappointing… I have not purchased anything since the site change because I still see people having issues with Platinum Club and the store and I HATE having to submit tickets and call to have stuff fixed…
But apparently by avoiding problems I invited problems to find me…

I also have to say, after recently reporting a problem at another site and getting a very honest straight forward answer, it is extremely ANNOYING to constantly see these “everything is okay” posts from DAZ…

NO DAZ- EVERYTHING IS NOT OKAY!  REALLY. 

I deleted my card info several months ago, my account info says I HAVE NO CC INFO RECORDED and yet I SEE MY CC INFO in the order confirmation.

HOW MANY MONTHS DOES IT TAKE TO GET THIS LOUSEY SOFTWARE WORKING RIGHT?  7? 8? 9? 789?

I’ve wanted to make a whole bunch of purchases since the site change but I keep putting it off because I STILL see people having problems and I don’t want to give my credit card info to this halfassed software until everything is working to at least the level of an simple newbie “one man” operation.

FYI- None of my annoyance is directed towards the mods or the people actually trying to fix the situation either.

This is really, really disappointing, annoying and downright lame, that after 5 or 6 months stuff like this is STILL happening, especially with deleted credit card info.

Nuff said, I’ll only get more annoyed…

Have a “happy” day.

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  548
Joined  2007-08-14

I have seen this mentioned before, and someone more or less representing DAZ said that CC info isn’t actually being stored despite some contrary indications. Apparently they were wrong.

Not too pleased about this myself as I also deleted my CC info a few months ago.

Signature 

These are not the tutorials you’re looking for. Move along.
My old profile

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

DId you see this?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewannounce/7225_4/

Not sure if it helps but figured worth a try. Especially after you’ve already been charged.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 27 November 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2006-08-21

I’ve just deleted my credit card info. Not trusting DAZ to keep it deleted, so I’ll be keeping an eye on it. I don’t really buy here anymore because of the store and a host of other issues. I am, sadly, moving farther and farther away from this site. I really enjoyed being a part of this place for the past six years, but now, it’s not so enjoyable. Here’s to hoping my CC info stays deleted.

Signature 

CG and Me

Posted: 27 November 2012 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-16

Thanks larsmidnatt.
I know about that, my CC info was deleted correctly, although more or less by accident to solve another problem back when the site changed… If I go to my CC profiles info it says “No Profiles saved yet”...
This is really annoying.

Image Attachments
Picture_1.pngPicture_2.png
 Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15933
Joined  2003-10-09

Have you contacted your bank and made sure that the Automatic payment is cancelled there as well.  And did you do what was suggested in this announcement http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewannounce/7225_4/  And actually cancel your membership.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 27 November 2012 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-16

Yup… and it was not what I wanted to do at the time, but it was my only choice to prevent a bigger problem… I also was very annoyed to find I lost the remaining days on my PC membership (which in my opinion sucks, since it was already paid for)... I believe I even made a thread questioning this, but as far as I remember it was never really addressed by anyone besides other well meaning forumites and the thread was quickly lost in the early thread sorting debacle.

I did not contact the bank, but the next month or two after, I checked to see if any DAZ charges were made and none showed up… I assumed that meant it was done with.

With all due respect to everyone other than those who should have fixed this (or where responsible to authorize the resources required to fix this)...
This is very rinky dink… a consumer’s credit card information should NOT have any manner of ghostly after presence… once deleted it should remain deleted, it should be a straight forward process, one should NOT have to look for a “correct” process by which to do it… It should be “Delete information” and be done with PERIOD… anything else is inexcusable and breaks a basic trust that the Vendor/Store/Site will be the one to maintain a professional standard of service.  My obligation as a customer is not to find walkarounds and patches by which to make purchases or use the store.
It should work or not be online…. it is only silly at this point that these issues STILL exist… 
If your local grocer told you that you had to go down the block to the baker and fill out a form to “properly” complete your purchase… I might be going out on a limb here… but I’m pretty sure you’d tell him to bugger off… it’s not exactly the same but in sprite it is.
Also… What of people who do not frequent the forums? How are they supposed to know about this? Caveat emptor? Too damn bad if you are not a forumite or did not find the note posted on the back wall of the clubhouse?
If you look at the CC profile picture it clearly says “NONE”... someone who does not frequent the forums then be screwed? Is that fair?
Hearing folks calmly say I should make sure no new purchases are not showing up in my credit card statement directly reminds me of warnings you hear about using a CC in a third world country…  ?
You know, I like DAZ… I feel bad for the people, the vendor and artists who lose income due to these STUPID issues… I feel bad for the folks who used to enjoy shopping here to whom this has become a TASK… I feel bad for the people who constantly must answer questions like these without end or compensation (warm fuzzy feelings do not count) and I feel bad for the IT & CS people who must constantly try to wrangle this steaming pile of feldercarb into a semi-functional store without- I’m assuming proper resources…
Really…

But anyway… thanks for the suggestion, I do appreciate it.

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15933
Joined  2003-10-09

I do understand what you are saying.  I had one occasion, not here, on a well known site that I had not bothered to tell my bank to stop paying an automatic subscription, because I knew my card was running out, and I would need a replacement. I thought that would solve the issue, but instead the next moth I still got the amount deducted from my account, using the new card number, so could only have been my bank that had not only allowed it to go through, but had kindly updated the card number so that it could go through.

After that I made certain that I told the bank that this automatic sub was to be disabled.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 27 November 2012 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-16

Thanks again, chohole… I just want you to know I’m not mad at anyone here… especially not you (that club scares me)... I’m just mad… both in temperament and sanity…. it fluctuates.

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14256
Joined  2003-10-09

As far as I am aware a continuing subscription stores an authorisation, and the payment processor (the card issuer) makes sure that gets applied to the current card. Deleting the card details doesn’t remove the authorisation, which is why you have to cancel (with a choice of losing paid-for membership or risking missing the renewal date and being charged). In theory, I believe, letting the card issuer know the payment is being cancelled should be enough, but from what I’ve read not all accept that - some insist they have to pay the authorised charge and that it is not their responsibility to handle the cancellation.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 27 November 2012 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1281
Joined  2008-03-30

Is it possible to check if anything is stored, I have paid for everything in the past by paypal, i can’t remember if I ever had a CC on file, I don’t have one on file now, I don’t think.

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 27 November 2012 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  543
Joined  2011-04-12
Richard Haseltine - 27 November 2012 02:00 PM

As far as I am aware a continuing subscription stores an authorisation, and the payment processor (the card issuer) makes sure that gets applied to the current card.

Part of the issue is that when an annual membership was purchased last year, it wasn’t a continuing subscription.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  622
Joined  2004-12-14
araneldon - 27 November 2012 09:31 AM

I have seen this mentioned before, and someone more or less representing DAZ said that CC info isn’t actually being stored despite some contrary indications. Apparently they were wrong.

Not too pleased about this myself as I also deleted my CC info a few months ago.

The information is stored regardless of whether or not you deleted it.  My annual PC membership was renewed without any CC information attached to my account.  DAZ was quite apologetic and quickly refunded my money promptly, but I would recommend to everyone:

Caveat Emptor…....

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  622
Joined  2004-12-14
Murgatroyd - 27 November 2012 06:47 PM

As far as I am aware a continuing subscription stores an authorisation, and the payment processor (the card issuer) makes sure that gets applied to the current card.

Part of the issue is that when an annual membership was purchased last year, it wasn’t a continuing subscription.

Well, with the new store, an annual subscription is a continuing subscription.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  543
Joined  2011-04-12
ssgbryan - 27 November 2012 08:44 PM
Murgatroyd - 27 November 2012 06:47 PM

Well, with the new store, an annual subscription is a continuing subscription.

Yes.  Meaning that a one-time purchase was converted to a continuing subscription without notice or consent.  Some of us who visit the forums stumbled upon discussion of it before our accounts renewed, and many (like me) chose to let it continue.  For those who don’t visit the forums or didn’t happen to look at the right thread, it’s a nasty surprise.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 01 February 2013 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7654
Joined  2009-07-13

seems I have joined the outer darkness where people wear sackcloth, weep and gnash their teeth.
I BOUGHT AN ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP!
and cancelled my monthly automatic payment,  . . . . . . . . . . a week later
and
yes
sure enough, I am no longer in the Platinum Club long face

I was actually not THAT keen on an annual membership but it was $30 cheaper and they said monthly recurring payments from paypal no longer worked
but
mine did!!!
until
doh, I cancelled it.
why did I just leave well enough alone, if it is not broke don’t fix it
put in a ticket but now too scarex to look in the store incase I see something I really really want that would have been cheaper as a member.
(which I should be!)

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

1 of 2