Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Problems getting Daz 3d 4.5 to run
Posted: 29 November 2012 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

Did you get an Update to Windows or your Anti Virus software? Are you logged in as ADMIN and running DS as Admin?

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 29 November 2012 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-11-03

Thanks for the reply Jaderail!

I just checked my updates, and yes, I did get two updates for Windows 7 x64 based systems (KB2762895).  The updates show as recommended importance.  Is it normal for an entire software program (DAZ Studio) to become inoperable due to a Windows update?  Is there a way I can rollback the update?

As for my Norton Antivirus - I’m not sure if it updated, and I don’t know where to check if it did so.  I have tried installing DAZ Studio with the antivirus disabled, as well as run DAZ Studio with it disabled to no avail.

Another thing I’ve tried that was unsuccessful - turning off all services on startup.

Seriously, I’m at a loss here - I’ve never had a program just stop working before!  I appreciate any further help!

Posted: 29 November 2012 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-11-03

Okay, here is an update.  I figured out how to uninstall my Windows 7 update, which I went ahead and did.  I again tried to reinstall DAZ Studio, with the antivrus turned off.  Once installed, I right clicked and run the program as an administrator (It’s a home PC, so I’m the only user though), and it still does not run.  I’ve never seen anyting like this.  Good grief!

Posted: 29 November 2012 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13
andyjohnson2008 - 29 November 2012 09:06 AM

Thanks for the reply Jaderail!

I just checked my updates, and yes, I did get two updates for Windows 7 x64 based systems (KB2762895).  The updates show as recommended importance.  Is it normal for an entire software program (DAZ Studio) to become inoperable due to a Windows update?  Is there a way I can rollback the update?

As for my Norton Antivirus - I’m not sure if it updated, and I don’t know where to check if it did so.  I have tried installing DAZ Studio with the antivirus disabled, as well as run DAZ Studio with it disabled to no avail.

Another thing I’ve tried that was unsuccessful - turning off all services on startup.

Seriously, I’m at a loss here - I’ve never had a program just stop working before!  I appreciate any further help!

Norton updates automatically, at least weekly.

As to Windows updates killing installed software…extremely common isn’t quite common enough to say how often it does it.  The problem is, unless it affects a major package like Office, Photoshop or Adobe products, it’s the end users who are left trying to find a solution…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

2 of 2