Digital Art Zone

4 of 7
Wow, the new horse is awesome….
Posted: 28 November 2012 03:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2007-06-25
Pendraia - 28 November 2012 01:02 AM

Bought the pro bundle and the genesis and horse pose set plus the english saddle textures. Used my PC coupon and picked it up for $58
That’s not a bad price considering what I’ve got for the money.

Haven’t had chance to play as I’m reinstalling my computer.

You bought the pro bundle And the english saddle textures? English saddle textures are already in the pro bundle if I’m not wrong.

Posted: 28 November 2012 04:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  499
Joined  2005-01-18

Bought the pro bundle and the genesis and horse pose set plus the english saddle textures. Used my PC coupon and picked it up for $58

WOW Pen, you stil got your PC coupon? Good for you!
Good luck with reinstalling your computer and I’m looking forward to your renders. smile

Have a great day!
Love, Jeanne

Signature 

I am what I am, my own special creation

Posted: 28 November 2012 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1573
Joined  2005-02-25

At first thought like you guys “but i already have a horse and tons of textures etc etc” but remember this is using the new Genesis technology.  This horse can become a cow, or a goat, or a pig, or a cat….. Pretty sure we have a lot of options. :D

Posted: 28 November 2012 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13390
Joined  2003-10-09

Cat, or anything with separate toes, would probably be pushing it but it should be able to handle at least most hooved animals I should think

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 28 November 2012 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7520
Joined  2009-05-14

Yeah a Two hooved sloth

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 28 November 2012 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2005-11-30

Installing Horse 2 now, I’m excited :D

Got the pro bundle plus equestrian props and the knightly barding textures all for $49.13, not bad I’d say! it really helps to be a plat club member as the base price went down from like $87 (i think that was it?) to about $52.

ofcourse now i just have to pray that i dont see it back on sale in a month for 70% off xD

really wish we could use Milhorse textures as i have nearly all of cwrw’s ones (which are AMAZING!) but hopefully someone will convert them. I was surprised to see the textures aren’t backwards compatible like how Genesis can use V4..

Posted: 28 November 2012 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
belovedalia - 28 November 2012 08:45 AM

At first thought like you guys “but i already have a horse and tons of textures etc etc” but remember this is using the new Genesis technology.  This horse can become a cow, or a goat, or a pig, or a cat….. Pretty sure we have a lot of options. :D

Except it’s a horse and can’t do all that. There are some toonified animals coming out but this horse is definitely not intended to be a cat or dog.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 28 November 2012 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2005-11-30
larsmidnatt - 28 November 2012 01:47 PM

Except it’s a horse and can’t do all that. There are some toonified animals coming out but this horse is definitely not intended to be a cat or dog.

actually dalia would just have to edit out the cat option wink

I believe the horse can probably be morphed into nearly any hooved animal since its based off of Genesis, and I’m really excited to see what the PAs come up with.

For cat/dog/rabbit etc any mammal with paws all we’ll need is one Genesis-like figure for them as well. Dog 2 anyone? xD

ohhh, maybe a wolf morph for that too!

Posted: 28 November 2012 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
Faewolf - 28 November 2012 02:16 PM

actually dalia would just have to edit out the cat option wink

I believe the horse can probably be morphed into nearly any hooved animal since its based off of Genesis, and I’m really excited to see what the PAs come up with.

For cat/dog/rabbit etc any mammal with paws all we’ll need is one Genesis-like figure for them as well. Dog 2 anyone? xD

ohhh, maybe a wolf morph for that too!

I wonder how the horses UV’s are though, can it support more uv’s so people could have UV’s optimized for creatures with different shapes?

Can’t wait for the next dog. Even though I already have the old dog and some poses/materials I love dogs enough to fork over $$ for a new one. But yeah it needs a ton of morphs and wolves are certainly some of them.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 28 November 2012 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  658
Joined  2006-09-30

Wake me up when it’s a cow.

Signature 

MOO!

Posted: 28 November 2012 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7088
Joined  2009-07-13

and someone please do a mimic/lipsync .dmc file

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
my gallery

Posted: 28 November 2012 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

Naw.  It will be more than 30 days.  Like ... 32 days from now.

And it will be 90% off.

Faewolf - 28 November 2012 01:03 PM

Installing Horse 2 now, I’m excited :D

Got the pro bundle plus equestrian props and the knightly barding textures all for $49.13, not bad I’d say! it really helps to be a plat club member as the base price went down from like $87 (i think that was it?) to about $52.

ofcourse now i just have to pray that i dont see it back on sale in a month for 70% off xD

really wish we could use Milhorse textures as i have nearly all of cwrw’s ones (which are AMAZING!) but hopefully someone will convert them. I was surprised to see the textures aren’t backwards compatible like how Genesis can use V4..

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 28 November 2012 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  957
Joined  2012-02-04

Pawed animals might be possible with geografted paws.  But I think the real distinction comes down to the rigging.  The bone structure of a hooved animal with long grazing neck might not work so well for other animals like cat/dog, where the shoulders/arms come more alongside the body than they do in hooved animals.

And speaking on long necks, when will we see a giraffe morph for DH2? smile

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage

Posted: 28 November 2012 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2200
Joined  2005-09-05
Bohor - 28 November 2012 03:23 AM

You bought the pro bundle And the english saddle textures? English saddle textures are already in the pro bundle if I’m not wrong.

I did not think the textures were in there lol ... That will teach me to order after work when I’m tired.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 28 November 2012 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2200
Joined  2005-09-05
JeanneM - 28 November 2012 04:58 AM

WOW Pen, you stil got your PC coupon? Good for you!
Good luck with reinstalling your computer and I’m looking forward to your renders. smile

Have a great day!
Love, Jeanne

Yeah…I was holding onto it hoping for the teenage shapes!

Thanks Jeanne! Hopefully it won’t take too long.

Hugs

Pen

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

4 of 7