Digital Art Zone

1 of 7
Wow, the new horse is awesome….
Posted: 26 November 2012 10:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4379
Joined  2011-11-25

Wow, I’m sorely tempted by the new horse. Looks great DAZ!

Posted: 26 November 2012 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7949
Joined  2009-07-13

already downloading the pro bundle, bkah who needs food anyway

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 26 November 2012 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

glad you started a non- official thread so I can say how I feel without dampening the commercial thread.

I’m not excited at all!. Sure looks cool but as I feared all my armour is useless. So I’ll just stick with what I Have. I can’t buy a fully new figure when I never used the old one.

Kinda like Hiro5. From an accomplishment standpoint it is still good and all, but for me it’s too pricey for something that may very well never get used.

and i’ve really WANTED to use a horse in my pieces for a long time. but I can’t throw out my older investment without getting a return first. So the new horse can wait a few years. Not like it will have a replacement any time this decade.

EDIT: I’ll admit the price puts me off a lot too.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 26 November 2012 11:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7949
Joined  2009-07-13

fortunately since I am not actually a horsey person, I only have some old horse stuff and only on sale.
but since as well as alcohol I NOW cannot eat solid meat for fear of an endoscopsy, I thought, damn, life is short.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 26 November 2012 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18

oh dear wendy…

But yeah I just bought stuff a few months ago and I have to use it first somehow. Also I’m still bitter that plat members got a whole 8 hour preview. I wanted to make a comment in the original thread that I bet the product goes live weds, but it was even faster than that. *sigh* I’m glad for daz and all but it’s the third product launch in a row where I’ve been exceptionally *meh*

Signature 

Posted: 26 November 2012 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  636
Joined  2011-02-03

I like it.. I too don’t have anything but the old bundle and the unicorn. Wish the price was a tad lower but I am gonna try and buy it.. Who needs shoes anyway smile

Signature 

My DAZ Gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/68
My deviantART http://kitashrak.deviantart.com/

Posted: 27 November 2012 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2120
Joined  2005-04-15
larsmidnatt - 26 November 2012 11:41 PM

glad you started a non- official thread so I can say how I feel without dampening the commercial thread.

I’m not excited at all!. Sure looks cool but as I feared all my armour is useless. So I’ll just stick with what I Have. I can’t buy a fully new figure when I never used the old one.

Kinda like Hiro5. From an accomplishment standpoint it is still good and all, but for me it’s too pricey for something that may very well never get used.

and i’ve really WANTED to use a horse in my pieces for a long time. but I can’t throw out my older investment without getting a return first. So the new horse can wait a few years. Not like it will have a replacement any time this decade.

Looks like time to see if GenX will be producing an add-on to move items from the old horse to the new one…

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 27 November 2012 12:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4935
Joined  2009-02-26

Wow, this is a strange hour for daz to upload new releases. Normally they do it around 10am to 1pm. They did it around 10-11pm instead lol

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 27 November 2012 04:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  658
Joined  2006-09-30

New ...  horse??

But…

But…

Image Attachments
but.jpg
 Signature 

MOO!

Posted: 27 November 2012 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2009-08-04
Sockratease - 27 November 2012 04:05 AM

New ...  horse??

But…

But…

Possible Daz release schedule:
November: Horse 2
December: Dog 2
January: Cat 2
February: Aiko 5
March: Big Cat 2

Expect to see the Millenium Cow in early April.

Posted: 27 November 2012 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1015
Joined  2007-04-08

I wasn’t excited about a new horse at all until I saw the promo renders.  Looks very cool.

From a backward-compatibility point of view this is a heavy investment though.  Some things can probably be moved and parented fairly safely (unicorn horns, possibly saddles with morphs and such), but a lot of stuff is going to be very difficult, particularly armour.

But still, we had a lot of that when Genesis came out.

I reckon Wendy will find a way of putting a tutu on it and animating it doing the funky chicken! wink

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 27 November 2012 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2008-01-22

Already asked that at the Carrara Forum, though seems no one’s a horse-person there ^^ and I am as always reluctant to buy something that’s possibly not compatible with Carrara.

Has anyone here tested the Horse 2 in Carrara 8 Pro or 8.5 Pro?

Posted: 27 November 2012 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1015
Joined  2007-04-08
Rhiana - 27 November 2012 05:55 AM

Already asked that at the Carrara Forum, though seems no one’s a horse-person there ^^ and I am as always reluctant to buy something that’s possibly not compatible with Carrara.

Has anyone here tested the Horse 2 in Carrara 8 Pro or 8.5 Pro?

Can bet your life Wendy will when she’s around.

I haven’t got it yet or I’d have a look.

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 27 November 2012 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18
BlumBlumShub - 27 November 2012 05:10 AM

But still, we had a lot of that when Genesis came out.

Yeah I could understand that, thing is I didn’t get the horse years ago so that’s why I’m not stocked to put $80 into it to get what I have now. Granted I did pay a lot less for the horse and armor then if it were new, but I still haven’t gotten anything out of the investment.

So I still need to use my dogs, cats, horses and dragons in renders before I buy any new ones.

I say this but the new horse armor looks neat.

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2910
Joined  2004-04-14
larsmidnatt - 26 November 2012 11:41 PM

Its not for everyone.  Dont feel bad and dont let it get you down.  Use what you have and be content with it.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 27 November 2012 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1772
Joined  2012-04-14

I just picked up the last horse in the sale. Also can’t really justify buying this one at the moment and knowing Daz, it will end up on sale (accidentally) at 70% + off within the next couple of months. So I’ll wait until then.

1 of 7