Digital Art Zone

RDNA’s Terradome in DS?
Posted: 26 November 2012 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1452
Joined  2006-09-09

does anyone know if RDNA’s Terradome product will work in DS 4.5?

http://www.runtimedna.com/Runtime-DNA-s-TerraDome.html

Does it rely on Python scripts to load? (in which case, no won’t work in DS)

I’m used to adjusting mats/materials for use, so that’s ok, but will they load at all?

Do the morphs work in DS?

I realize the lights will not work - or at least, need MAJOR adjusting - but I have DS specific lights so that’s ok.

Posted: 26 November 2012 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1609
Joined  2008-11-10

It uses python for some settings, so you would have to create it in Poser and save a scene then load that into DS.

Posted: 26 November 2012 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2955
Joined  2004-10-25

Hey Jaki.  From what I saw on the product page, and what I read in the Basic User’s Guide PDF I downloaded, I don’t think any Python scripts are used.  I did notice Colm listed DAZ Studio as “not supported”.  That doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t work.  The basic TerraDome set is not a new product, so back when it was created, supporting DAZ Studio wasn’t on everyone’s “to-do” list.

I know that doesn’t necessarily help you, but hopefully someone who does have it and DS 4.5 can tell you for sure one way or the other.  I have IC3 and MicroCosm, but never bought the TerraDome set.

Edited to Add: I guess I don’t type fast enough.  grin  I see now there is some use of Python scripting.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 26 November 2012 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10
Miss B - 26 November 2012 08:27 PM

Hey Jaki.  From what I saw on the product page, and what I read in the Basic User’s Guide PDF I downloaded, I don’t think any Python scripts are used.  I did notice Colm listed DAZ Studio as “not supported”.  That doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t work.  The basic TerraDome set is not a new product, so back when it was created, supporting DAZ Studio wasn’t on everyone’s “to-do” list.

I know that doesn’t necessarily help you, but hopefully someone who does have it and DS 4.5 can tell you for sure one way or the other.  I have IC3 and MicroCosm, but never bought the TerraDome set.

I have the product, the python is there.

Posted: 26 November 2012 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2955
Joined  2004-10-25
Male-M3dia - 26 November 2012 08:29 PM
Miss B - 26 November 2012 08:27 PM

I have the product, the python is there.

Yes, I just noticed your post and edited mine.  wink

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 26 November 2012 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10

No problem. I found some of the some of the stuff didn’t load in DS so that’s when I had to set it up Poser. Maybe I have to tweak it more, but I didn’t like the way it came out in DS.

Posted: 26 November 2012 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1452
Joined  2006-09-09

hmmm i may pass then. I don’t use Poser - so if it loaded the set, the materials and the morphs into DS then I could use it, with tweaking of the mats/materials. But if it uses the Python scripts for any of those things, then I’ll have to pass.

Thanks for the info!