no 4
i don’t care 7
Total Votes: 40
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Request for DAZ web team,,,
Posted: 02 June 2012 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-02-25

Can we get an update from the web team? tha administrators, while really trying, really don’t know what is going on from the web development side of things. It might help to hear from a representative of the web team what progress is or isn’t going on. and they might get some clues what problems are being experienced by reading the forums.

edired to fix a typo.

Posted: 02 June 2012 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2006-09-04

They may take the time to answer but I don’t know what will be settled. It is a problem as we all know and there is an Official sticky at the top of this sub forum.If they have info it most likely will be posted there. I agree with you though, we need some explanations when they do have time to answer them so hopefully we will get some here or in the Official thread..

Posted: 02 June 2012 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7979
Joined  2006-03-19

They are well aware of all the problems. That is what the bugtracker is for. Every issue we are seeing is being reported. If they get a chance they will make an announcement. Personally I would rather them keep working then make a statement.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 02 June 2012 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  613
Joined  2004-12-14
Frank0314 - 02 June 2012 11:39 AM

They are well aware of all the problems. That is what the bugtracker is for. Every issue we are seeing is being reported. If they get a chance they will make an announcement. Personally I would rather them keep working then make a statement.

I would rather have a statement.

Of course, I am a customer, therefore my opinion doesn’t seem to matter to DAZ very much.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  188
Joined  2006-01-14

Add a poll for mods to get hazard pay since I think it’s going to be a looong weekend.

Though considering that information would make their job easier…

Seriously though, I wish more focus had been spent since the switch on stabilizing the site in general, shopping carts and payment methods, et cetera, over new releases and trying to experiment with FastGrabs.

Just my two cents.

Cheers and good weekend, all.

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1359
Joined  2004-02-13
ssgbryan - 02 June 2012 11:51 AM
Frank0314 - 02 June 2012 11:39 AM

I would rather have a statement.

Of course, I am a customer, therefore my opinion doesn’t seem to matter to DAZ very much.

As the DAZ Staff, the moderation staff, and myself have all been posting updates as we have solid information to post, I wouldn’t say customers are being ignored or that how they are feeling doesn’t matter. I’ve personally spoken with my fair share of customers since the changeover and have been updating them etc. I have also been consistently updating the threads I sticked on the store and forum issues as new things arise or we get answers. I know the moderation staff has been doing the same in the multiple individual thread topics as well and trying to point people to the relevant information and answer questions as well. The web staff and DAZ3D Staff have to concentrate primarily on being sure the issues are properly troubleshooted and resolved which does mean that right now their focus will be on bug tracking and support tickets. Leaving the moderation staff and myself primarily to answer questions and update issues. I am sorry if you see that as customers being ignored as that isn’t the intention. The intention is to make sure the right staff members are dedicated to the right tasks to resolve issues rather then pulling people from those things to update everyone on things the moderation staff is able to forward along instead.

Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1359
Joined  2004-02-13
Sdragon - 02 June 2012 11:31 AM

Can we get an update from the web team? tha administrators, while really trying, really don’t know what is going on from the web development side of things. It might help to hear from a representative of the web team what progress is or isn’t going on. and they might get some clues what problems are being experienced by reading the forums.

edired to fix a typo.

At the moment they are using bug tracker to track down the various bug which I encourage all of you to add to here:

https://bugs.daz3d.com

On the right hand side you will see something that says projects, please select DAZ Web Search and then add to any tickets created with any additional information you may have and also feel free to put in a ticket on any issue you are experiencing that hasn’t been covered yet.

As for having the Web Team come in to discuss what is going on, while I agree that the web team would be able to give more specific details on what is being done, I can also attest that being in the forums to answer questions is a full time job all it’s own and in doing one they would then be unable to do the other. The best thing the Web Dev Team can do for the customers here at this time is fix and resolve their issues in as timely a fashion as is humanly possible. Many of us relaying information do have web coding experience so we are not completely in the dark on what it going on.

I do completely understand the frustration as does DAZ3D, though I don’t think you all want apologies…I think you want results. We do too. Which is why things are being divided up as they are.

If you have a specific question, please let me know and I will try my best to either answer or get the answer for you. If you feel there are multiple questions that need addressed and haven’t been, again let me know. I will happily put together some sort of FAQ or something with the most asked questions and answers so they are all in one place for everyone if you all feel that would be beneficial. The moderation staff and myself are here to assist you all any way we possibly can so it would be our/my pleasure smile

Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 02 June 2012 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4932
Joined  2004-07-01
DAZ_ann0314 - 02 June 2012 12:26 PM

edired to fix a typo.

At the moment they are using bug tracker to track down the various bug which I encourage all of you to add to here:

https://bugs.daz3d.com

On the right hand side you will see something that says projects, please select DAZ Web Search and then add to any tickets created with any additional information you may have and also feel free to put in a ticket on any issue you are experiencing that hasn’t been covered yet.

As for having the Web Team come in to discuss what is going on, while I agree that the web team would be able to give more specific details on what is being done, I can also attest that being in the forums to answer questions is a full time job all it’s own and in doing one they would then be unable to do the other. The best thing the Web Dev Team can do for the customers here at this time is fix and resolve their issues in as timely a fashion as is humanly possible. Many of us relaying information do have web coding experience so we are not completely in the dark on what it going on.

I do completely understand the frustration as does DAZ3D, though I don’t think you all want apologies…I think you want results. We do too. Which is why things are being divided up as they are.

If you have a specific question, please let me know and I will try my best to either answer or get the answer for you. If you feel there are multiple questions that need addressed and haven’t been, again let me know. I will happily put together some sort of FAQ or something with the most asked questions and answers so they are all in one place for everyone if you all feel that would be beneficial. The moderation staff and myself are here to assist you all any way we possibly can so it would be our/my pleasure smile

try to post in my render thread in art studio - keep getting this
Error Message:  Unable to receive your submission at this time

so when you going to fix it - been 4 days now

Posted: 02 June 2012 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  711
Joined  2008-07-16

edired to fix a typo.

I have a suggestion for them… but I suppose yours is better… and does not require obscenity flags… (oh yeah there are none yet…)

stupid lousy rotten site change fiasco with all the stinkin’ problems, I hate stinkin’ magento software and the guy who sold it to them, I hope he get eaten by zombies…

Edited to add- edited to fix a typo…. only it took 4 attempts to get logged back in…. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I luvvvvvvvvvvvv it!

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

Posted: 02 June 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9061
Joined  2004-07-21

Zombies?  where are the zombies?

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 02 June 2012 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-19

One was just reported in Florida a couple weeks ago.

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2012 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-16

@ Miss Bad Wolf:    Ummm….... don’t turn around…. and try not to look tasty….

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2012 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-16
Frank0314 - 02 June 2012 01:45 PM

I thought that turned out to be Jeb Bush?...

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2012 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9061
Joined  2004-07-21
lordvicore - 02 June 2012 01:47 PM
Frank0314 - 02 June 2012 01:45 PM

I thought that turned out to be Jeb Bush?...

Or maybe it was my father?  I know he is in Florida.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 02 June 2012 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-19

This was so gross. Most my fathers side of the family live in Florida. http://www.nationalledger.com/politics-crime/miami-man-eating-face-of-homeless-132892.shtml

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2012 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  938
Joined  2006-06-12

I agree that this is a clusterfu*k,

I have no proof, but I think they may have been oversold on a product that clearly wasn’t up to the task.
The work of a salesman.

It should have been a giant red flag when the new site wouldn’t perform the tasks of the old one. Most of the changes I see in the store, as well as some of the changes to the PC, should be easy for the new software to handle. Instead, Daz chose to find software that couldn’t meet the challenge.

Now the software that would only take a couple of days to install is still not running correctly.

What person decided to maintain the course? I would have demanded the company that sold them this junk send a man out to fix this disaster. If that didn’t work, I would have demanded my money back and pulled the plug. This ordeal wouldn’t have been allowed to run for more than a week.

All we can do now is hope that the Daz web guys fix the crappy software or…

just break down and put the old site back up.

cool mad

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

1 of 3