Signature 

DAZ Published Artist:  http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bluebird-3d

My Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/80

Posted: 26 November 2012 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3039
Joined  2009-02-24

One of the wonderful things about the Daz store artists is that there’s something for just about every need. Everything from characters, to sets, to props. Even if the star of your show is a six foot talking rabbit in leather pants saving the world from a ticking nuclear detonation, you can bet there’s a store for that.

As a 3D Studio modeller, I know how much effort really goes into these things and rarely is it as simple as it appears. So, I’d like to join in thanks to the artists who share their creations with us. This goes double for all you wonderful Genesis designers out there! Never before have I had so much versatility and, to borrow a phrase, I’m loving it.

I had considered adding a shortlist of some of the artists whose work I use regularly, but felt it would deter from the original point of the thread. That said, thanks for sharing your marvellous creations.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 26 November 2012 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2338
Joined  2003-10-09

I will add my thank you’s to all the artists creating products.
I know very well how much work and how many frustrations there are to making these products, So I fully appreciate all the different products I am able to buy to use in my art.
Thank You

And I will also add my thank you as a product maker for this thread.
We really do love what we do, and try hard to make everything as interesting and creative as we possibly can…and even though my products can be all over the place in what I make, I am always glad there is a market for them.

Thank You

Signature 

A step away from the ordinary
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rawart/

Posted: 26 November 2012 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  904
Joined  2005-11-06

This is a great thread! To the OP, I am a modeler myself that creates quite a bit of what i use in addition to what I buy and know first hand much of what it is involved in creation of the items in the MP, so sometimes I often wonder if the general public actually understands and appreciates what goes into their plug and play items that they purchase from DAZ or any other marketplace and what a great deal they are getting considering the time and effort involved in producing these rendering assets. So kudos for the post, as evidenced by the vendor responses, you did a good thing!

Sometimes i purchase a big scale scene and think to myself, man i am glad i didn’t have to UVmap that thing, LOL.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 26 November 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4591
Joined  2011-11-25

Yes thank you artists for making so many lovely things!

Posted: 26 November 2012 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2003-10-13
Jack Tomalin - 26 November 2012 01:18 AM

As the other PA’s have already said, these sort of posts are much appreciated.. cheers! smile

Not trying to hi-jack the thread or anything, but I’ve always wanted to ask… Has anybody ever told you that you look like Danny Bonaduce?

Posted: 26 November 2012 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4202
Joined  0
EClark1849 - 26 November 2012 11:16 AM
Jack Tomalin - 26 November 2012 01:18 AM

As the other PA’s have already said, these sort of posts are much appreciated.. cheers! smile

Not trying to hi-jack the thread or anything, but I’ve always wanted to ask… Has anybody ever told you that you look like Danny Bonaduce?

Can’t say I have, no.. :D

Signature 

Part of the Platinum Club admin team
Visit my DAZ store
Honorable member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 26 November 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10

Wow… nonsequiter… but then again, that smile does kinda resemble Danny!

But I have to add something to this thread.  I want to thank every single artist who has created content for GENESIS!  Not just the PAs but the DAZ guys as well.  But especially the PAs, because I have found, and I won’t mention names, that there are people who are so violently opposed to Genesis… well, it’s kinda ugly when you run into it.  In any event, I love Genesis, I love what I can do with this figure.  And those of you out there who support this figure by creating content for it… I’m very, very appreciative!

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 26 November 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8241
Joined  2009-05-14

And there’s me thinking a troll baby with Hiccups…humm Danny Bonaduce you say….off the google him. Now there is a blast from my past.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 26 November 2012 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1004
Joined  2012-01-29

I agree - all PA´s deserve lots of thanks for the wonderful items they create. Lowlife like myself can only sit, stare with mouth agape and admire their genius… wink

Posted: 26 November 2012 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  758
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you, Fauvist, for taking the time to say what you said.  Your words are appreciated!

Posted: 26 November 2012 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2983
Joined  2004-04-14

Thank you for the kind words .

Thank you also to the other PAs who make all the stuff that I dont.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 26 November 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1825
Joined  2005-06-08
wancow - 26 November 2012 11:33 AM

. . . I want to thank every single artist who has created content for GENESIS!  Not just the PAs but the DAZ guys as well.  But especially the PAs, because I have found, and I won’t mention names, that there are people who are so violently opposed to Genesis… well, it’s kinda ugly when you run into it.  In any event, I love Genesis, I love what I can do with this figure.  And those of you out there who support this figure by creating content for it… I’m very, very appreciative!

Ditto’ng this, and thanks to the PAs who’ve made anything I’ve ever rendered — my art relies on yours, and the care and quality workmanship show through.

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 26 November 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  773
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! It’s always encouraging to hear people say they like our products. Most of us fought hard to get into DAZ, and we’re proud of being here, and of what we produce for you.

Creating content is a bit of a lonely occupation. Hardly anyone, family or friends, actually understand what you do, unless they sit down and watch for a month or so. So it’s nice to be appreciated by the one group of people who do have some idea of what’s involved.

And not singling out any one PA for praise is good. That way, we can all pretend it’s meant for us personally. LOL.

mac

Posted: 26 November 2012 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7904
Joined  2006-03-19

Thanks for all the nice words everyone. It’s great to see we are appreciated for the hard work we put into our stuff. We hear this so very little. This type of thread make me feel like I’m not wasting my time.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

2 of 4