Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Removing runtimes from Poser?
Posted: 25 November 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13910
Joined  2003-10-09

Aha, yes setting Show Library to the one I wanted to remove brings up the - button. I will have to remember that next time this comes up.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 25 November 2012 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  502
Joined  2005-01-18

You can also go into your Appdata/Roaming/Poser/9 (for instance, if you have another version or want to do it for another version, just pick the one you want.)
There is a xml file: LibraryPrefs.xml
You can open that with editpadlite (or another text editor) and delete the runtimes you added. Than they will not show up in Poser anymore.

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

I am what I am, my own special creation

Posted: 25 November 2012 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1692
Joined  2008-05-31
jmper - 25 November 2012 03:36 PM

Are you able to highlight anything under and have the remove icon appear?

No, I can’t find anything that makes the button appear other than setting it to show only one runtime at a time.

But I guess I should have read the Help file first, for it actually says the same thing. It’s a bit unclear though for first it says that the button appears when any other runtime than the Poser default is selected. Later in the text however it appears that it means “selected in the “Show Library” drop down menu”, and not in the library itself.

Problem solved I guess. Thanks to all for your help….

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 25 November 2012 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1692
Joined  2008-05-31
JeanneM - 25 November 2012 03:48 PM

You can also go into your Appdata/Roaming/Poser/9 (for instance, if you have another version or want to do it for another version, just pick the one you want.)
You can open that with editpadlite (or another text editor) and delete the runtimes you added. Than they will not show up in Poser anymore.

Love, Jeanne

Thanks, I was thinking there must be a file like that but didn’t know which one it was.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 25 November 2012 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  502
Joined  2005-01-18
Taozen - 25 November 2012 04:15 PM
JeanneM - 25 November 2012 03:48 PM

Love, Jeanne

Thanks, I was thinking there must be a file like that but didn’t know which one it was.

You’re most welcome. I have a lot of external runtimes and use that to rearrange -when needed- my runtimes smile

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

I am what I am, my own special creation

2 of 2