Digital Art Zone

4 of 4
ARGH!!! Norton Antivirus One is eatting my new Daz products!!!
Posted: 01 December 2012 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
Kyoto Kid - 01 December 2012 12:11 AM
LeatherGryphon - 30 November 2012 10:17 AM
Kyoto Kid - 29 November 2012 11:53 PM
MrPoser - 29 November 2012 03:47 AM

Sometimes I wait a couple days before downloading new products as it tends to work okay once enough people have downloaded the file.

...another very reasonable solution.

I use that approach too.  I’m getting a new phone this week and it has buttons instead of a dial! 8-o

...your previous one had a Dial?  Wow,

[grabs crank on wall phone and rotates it furiously]  “Ernestine… Ernestine…you there?  It’s the Kid, yeah, someone just said their phone had a Dial on it.

...no , no, no….not the bath soap, but one o’ then new fangaley dial things, yeah, with numbers and letters on it. 

...and get this, he’s gettn’ a new one that has buttons…yeah, like like the kind the bank president in town has where he can put one person on “hold” push a button and call another without hanging up.

I tell ya, all this modern science, next thing you know, everyone will have moving picture shows in their homes and ovens that can cook a roast in minutes.”

Dials?  two cans and a string…

Cell phone?  Your county lockup has what?!?

Mobile phone…the one down at the gas station, right?

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 01 December 2012 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  703
Joined  2003-10-09
mjc1016 - 01 December 2012 12:18 AM
Kyoto Kid - 01 December 2012 12:11 AM
LeatherGryphon - 30 November 2012 10:17 AM
Kyoto Kid - 29 November 2012 11:53 PM
MrPoser - 29 November 2012 03:47 AM

Sometimes I wait a couple days before downloading new products as it tends to work okay once enough people have downloaded the file.

...another very reasonable solution.

I use that approach too.  I’m getting a new phone this week and it has buttons instead of a dial! 8-o

...your previous one had a Dial?  Wow,

[grabs crank on wall phone and rotates it furiously]  “Ernestine… Ernestine…you there?  It’s the Kid, yeah, someone just said their phone had a Dial on it.

...no , no, no….not the bath soap, but one o’ then new fangaley dial things, yeah, with numbers and letters on it. 

...and get this, he’s gettn’ a new one that has buttons…yeah, like like the kind the bank president in town has where he can put one person on “hold” push a button and call another without hanging up.

I tell ya, all this modern science, next thing you know, everyone will have moving picture shows in their homes and ovens that can cook a roast in minutes.”

Dials?  two cans and a string…

Cell phone?  Your county lockup has what?!?

Mobile phone…the one down at the gas station, right?

Mobile phone:  one or more hung on strings by Alexander Calder.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Calder

Cell phone: aka neurons

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 01 December 2012 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11175
Joined  2007-11-06

...Calder designed the paint scheme for two aircraft flown by the old Braniff International.

Image Attachments
calder_dc-8.jpgcalder_B727.jpg
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 01 December 2012 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  544
Joined  2011-04-12
Ledhead - 30 November 2012 03:02 PM

I don’t think I have seen a rotary dial phone since way back in the early 80’s.

My family had one rotary phone into the early 90’s.  None of my friends (born early 80’s) had ever seen such a thing.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 01 December 2012 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11175
Joined  2007-11-06

...I still remember the one we had, Had a straight cord from the body to the handset instead of one of those coiled ones.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 01 December 2012 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  703
Joined  2003-10-09

For most of my growing up years there was only one phone in the house.  Centrally placed and the family member closest to it had to answer it.  That’s why we moved the TV to the far end of the living room and left my mother’s knitting chair closer to the phone.  (*evil*)

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 08 December 2012 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  642
Joined  2007-05-26

I found a another way to keep Norton from deleting Daz download exe files because they are too new.  If you have Norton Security Suite go to Settings - AntiVirus- Scans and Risks - Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect and SONAR Detection. You can then add your high level Daz Download folder and then Norton will ignore any file downloaded to that folder or its subfolders. It saves having to turn off and on the Norton Auto-Protect. Just only download Daz products to those folders.

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 08 December 2012 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
MrPoser - 08 December 2012 04:59 PM

I found a another way to keep Norton from deleting Daz download exe files because they are too new.  If you have Norton Security Suite go to Settings - AntiVirus- Scans and Risks - Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect and SONAR Detection. You can then add your high level Daz Download folder and then Norton will ignore any file downloaded to that folder or its subfolders. It saves having to turn off and on the Norton Auto-Protect. Just only download Daz products to those folders.

I don’t think the options are the same across all the various Symantec products.

But buried in them, somewhere ‘should’ be a similar function…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

4 of 4