Digital Art Zone

Symbol on a Supersuit
Posted: 02 June 2012 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2011-05-24

For more simple textures, I’ve previously figured out how to pull up the texture files and make minor alterations as desired, but the supersuit appears to be something quite different.  I’m making a superhero, and would like to put a symbol on his chest… but I have no idea how to even start to do so.

How would I go about doing so?

Thank you for the assistance.

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13390
Joined  2003-10-09

Although the Supersuit is designed to use shaders it is still uv mapped, so you should be able to add a symbol in the usual way

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2011-05-24

Perhaps I’ve not been doing it in the usual way, then.  Normally, I select the surface texture map, open it in photoshop, make modifications I desire, and apply the new surface texture map.  I’m not seeing that as an option here.  Is there a different way I’m unaware of?

Posted: 02 June 2012 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  345
Joined  2009-03-17

Although there is no default textures for the Supersuit as it is shader driven you can download the texture template at this link - http://www.sharecg.com/v/62282/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Supersuit-Templates.
Using the template as a guide you can then create a custom texture with symbol.
It is also possible to add a symbol using shader mixer and alpha maps if you wish to use the shaders but this is a rather advanced method and would require you to know your way around shader mixer.

Signature 

My life is a symphony nearing a crescendo. There have been too many segues in this piece and I long for a caesura.

Posted: 03 June 2012 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2009-04-22

In the preview thread for the suit a Daz staffer (DAZ_Rand?) created symbols by applying the texture to Genesis and using a displacement map to pus it through the suit.

Posted: 03 June 2012 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2011-05-24

Thank you for your help!

Posted: 03 June 2012 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2011-05-24

I’m still lost—I’ve downloaded the template and created the texture I want—but I can’t seem to apply the texture to the supersuit.  Whenever I try, it just repeats a smaller copy of the texture several times, instead of applying the texture as intended.  I must be missing something obvious.

Posted: 03 June 2012 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8371
Joined  2007-11-06
gavindowning - 03 June 2012 06:16 PM

I’m still lost—I’ve downloaded the template and created the texture I want—but I can’t seem to apply the texture to the supersuit.  Whenever I try, it just repeats a smaller copy of the texture several times, instead of applying the texture as intended.  I must be missing something obvious.

See if tiling is set on the Surfaces tab.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 03 June 2012 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2011-05-24

That did it!  Thank you so much!