Digital Art Zone

OT: Goodby, Larry Hagman
Posted: 23 November 2012 11:51 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  490
Joined  2003-10-09

AKA J.R. Ewing, or Major Anthony Nelson for you I Dream Of Jeannie fans.

Complications from throat cancer.

Farewell, sir, you were a magnificent villain!

http://news.yahoo.com/larry-hagman-dead-81-portrayed-notorious-tv-villain-044041015.html

Signature 

A good pun is its own reword

“The greatest sin is to be willfully unteachable” - Dr. Pat Allen

Posted: 24 November 2012 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2006-02-13

stetsons off to a good tv actor with a long career.

regards,
waningmoon

Posted: 24 November 2012 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  269
Joined  2005-08-20

Who is J.R. Ewing anyway? :D

He’ll always be Tony Nelson to me.

Signature 

*Sigh* Window->Tabs->Tool Settings->Draw Style->Manipulation: Off
Yeah. It’s like that.

Posted: 24 November 2012 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1466
Joined  2005-12-31

He was a tv icon twice over. I had a huge crush on him when I was about 6 and wanted to grow up and be Jeannie.

Posted: 24 November 2012 01:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1275
Joined  2008-03-30

Sad news indeed, has anyone watched the new Dallas at all, I saw some of the first episode, but it didn’t really grab me like the original.

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 24 November 2012 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1650
Joined  2012-04-14

Aww that’s very sad news. I remember him from Dallas and repeats of I dream of Jeannie.

Posted: 24 November 2012 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04

We keep losing icons. The years seem to be getting worse when it comes to public figures leaving us. It must be the age catching up to me.

I never watched “Dallas” as I didn’t care about prime time soap operas, but “I Dream of Jeannie”, who wouldn’t want to be Tony Nelson. He was a pilot and an astronaut for NASA who had the sexiest dressed woman on the planet to grant him any wish he wanted. As a young boy who couldn’t take my eyes off of Barbara Eden prancing around, I certainly enjoyed watching her screw up Tony and Rogers life. That may be the point in my life where I came to like skimp wear.

Do we have a Jeannie Outfit and a Barbara Eden look alike?

Farewell Larry!

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 24 November 2012 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17

There’s the Harem Dander for V3.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 24 November 2012 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1540
Joined  2005-04-15

I was fortunate enough to share a tour of conventions in Australia with Larry, and he was a truly kind and amazing man, with a wicked sense of humor.  What many don’t know is that he was also a gifted director, and my favorite work of his was an incredibly strange and hilarious bit of black comedy called Beware!  The Blob!  (aka Son of The Blob,) which he confirmed was made simply because the producer of the original Blob was his next door neighbor and Larry had a lot of friends who needed work who ALSO happened to be neighbors.  How else to explain a movie that had a very young Cindy Williams as a pothead, Dick Van Patten as an overly effeminate scoutmaster, Burgess Meridith and Larry as hobos, Gerrit Grahmn in a gorilla suit and Shelly Berman as an eccentric barber who’s decided that rather than cutting hair, he’s going to sculpt it?

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 24 November 2012 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-04
Cybersox13 - 24 November 2012 10:27 AM

I was fortunate enough to share a tour of conventions in Australia with Larry, and he was a truly kind and amazing man, with a wicked sense of humor.  What many don’t know is that he was also a gifted director, and my favorite work of his was an incredibly strange and hilarious bit of black comedy called Beware!  The Blob!  (aka Son of The Blob,) which he confirmed was made simply because the producer of the original Blob was his next door neighbor and Larry had a lot of friends who needed work who ALSO happened to be neighbors.  How else to explain a movie that had a very young Cindy Williams as a pothead, Dick Van Patten as an overly effeminate scoutmaster, Burgess Meridith and Larry as hobos, Gerrit Grahmn in a gorilla suit and Shelly Berman as an eccentric barber who’s decided that rather than cutting hair, he’s going to sculpt it?

That was interesting. Thanks for sharing Cybersox.

Signature 

Posted: 24 November 2012 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2391
Joined  2004-10-25
IanzThingz - 24 November 2012 01:11 AM

Sad news indeed, has anyone watched the new Dallas at all, I saw some of the first episode, but it didn’t really grab me like the original.

I saw this in today’s NY Times and was saddened.  I remember him from I Dream of Genie (man I’m dating myself), but loved him in the original Dallas.  I saw some of the episodes of the new Dallas remake, and except for the familiar faces I enjoyed seeing, it didn’t grab me like the original either.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 24 November 2012 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4018
Joined  2004-08-11
Khory - 24 November 2012 12:48 AM

He was a tv icon twice over. I had a huge crush on him when I was about 6 and wanted to grow up and be Jeannie.

Me too!  raspberry

R.I.P. Larry!  You are amazing!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

RAMWorks Freebies

Pan Project

Posted: 24 November 2012 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-04

Post removed by me, it may have been too inappropriate. I apologize if I offended anyone.

(This was all in good fun, I hope it is taken as such)

Signature