This is turning in to a consistent aggravation. It take 6 and 8 trys to get anything downloaded. The weird download starts, in a few seconds it stops and tells me it’s done. Not even close, just a bad file to delete.
This is the one and only place that has this weird streaming downloads and the one and only place I have issues downloading.
Just real aggravated that something as simply as a download turns in to an all day battle with DAZ. I consistently have this same issue, and only with DAZ; for those that are quick to say “it’s you”, The DAZ site is the one and only site i have this issue with. So it is not me or my machine, if it was I would have the same issue on other sites.
So basically this gripe is a question, is there any way for DAZ to go back to the old fashion, never had a problem downloading system DAZ used to have?
I just keep losing the download before it’s done. Not a band width issue. When it works I can download studio in just a couple to a few minutes, when it works. It is nether a connection nor a band width issue, it’s this weird steaming download thing that doesn’t work more often then does; at least for me..
And discussing the issue before hasn’t solved it, it’s still an issue and I’m still griping about it.
Edit to add: took 5 trys to get the studio beta downloaded, when it worked I had it in less then 4 minutes.
Actually, I sympathise as I’ve experienced this issue myself. I used Google Chrome for my browser and unlike “normal” downloads, it won’t display the final size of the downloading file (eg, 1.2mb of 26.5mb) and occasionally cuts out half way through downloading. It took me a few retries to download much of the content I’ve purchased over the last couple of days (notably Victoria 5 and Sadie and Sam for Genesis) but did eventually succeed.
The only thing I can suggest to the OP is try try again. Though doubtless it’s of little comfort at the moment.
It’s been going on for me since DAZ switched to the new downloading method. I’m on Firefox; yes the latest, for every other site I download from I get a nice filling bar, and info on the size of the download and how fast it is downloading. For DAZ I get none of this, just a green bar sweeping across, no size of download or how much completed. And quite often it will popup and tell me the download is done, when it is far from complete.
Yes, the lack of a total size is a DAZ issue (though I do get a report of speed and of amount downloaded in Firefox). However, the cutting off does not seem to be a widespread issue which does suggest it’s at least in part something local or en route to those affected.
Sorry Richard, but this is the same comp, same set up, same ISP I had before DAZ changed over it’s download method, I had no issues till then and have no issues from any other site. The only thing that has changed for me is DAZ’s method of downloading.
The DAZ site is the only site I have downloads with this method and the only site I have downloading issues with. So from my prospective the method is at fault.
Daz hasn’t changed their download method, they have changed their Software.
I have just donwloaded a 442 mb files from DAZ 3D, it took around 40 mins, and the DL speed was pretty stable all the way through, only fluctuating slightly, and as I have said I have a very bad broadband connection where I live.
I wouldn’t normally have attempted to DL this file at this point in time, I normally download the larger files in the morning, UK times, when the US is mostly asleep and there is not so much demand on the servers, but I decided to download it now, just to see what would happen.
4 hours to download Skies of Economy…. and that was just the Carrara file.
About an hour for Country Lane 2.
Went to Rosity and grabbed a couple of characters for V4, posses and props. All downloaded in a couple of minutes and about the same size of Skies.
I have to say that the download speeds have been very sluggish for the past 2 months. Before we switched from the PA sale to the PC sale it was fine, but has been terrible since that switch and actually seems to be getting worse. Before that switch I would typically get from 1.2 to 2.0 mb/sec. Since then the range has been 150 to 700 kb/sec. There definitely has been a change somewhere as my speeds from other sites seem to be the same as they have always been. I wish I was getting the speeds as before, but I can deal with what I am getting now. i just do something else for a couple of minutes while it downloads. Not complaining, just my two cents.
My download times used to be less than a minute for smaller sized files and some just a few seconds, now they take several minutes.
Saying that something downloaded in say 4 minutes doesn’t really mean anything unless the size of the file is given.
If the file was 100mb in size and took 240 seconds then the download speed averaged 417 kb/sec which is slow for me compared to what it used to be. If I was getting the average speed I was before, say 1.6 mb/sec then it would only take 63 seconds for that size of a file.
Just got back from Starbucks, my wifi of choice, and did the Skies of Economy files at between 140 and 150 KB/second with no issues. (This is pretty much the max - it means I got just about ALL the T1 for my downloads).
I don’t know what you’re running into - but I can guarantee I’m not seeing it.