Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Black Friday Sale Chaos
Posted: 23 November 2012 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  271
Joined  2008-08-09

You click on the sale category and the products that show up don’t have the 50% discount applied.  All the $1.99 products in the 50% off category still show up as $1.99.  How are we suppose to know what’s on sale?  And what the correct discount is?

I click on one of the artists in the 50% discount list - Oskarsson - for instance, and nothing is discounted.

I click on the Daz Originals category and nothing is discounted, click on an individual product, and it shows the old 40% discount.

Posted: 23 November 2012 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2010-12-22
Fauvist - 23 November 2012 12:03 AM

You click on the sale category and the products that show up don’t have the 50% discount applied.  All the $1.99 products in the 50% off category still show up as $1.99.  How are we suppose to know what’s on sale?  And what the correct discount is?

I click on one of the artists in the 50% discount list - Oskarsson - for instance, and nothing is discounted.

Yeah, I have a feeling it will take some time to get fixed. Luckily it is all weekend, so there should be time for them to fix it before the sale time ends. There have been lots of problems like this so far, but Daz has fixed the problems and discounted correctly when given time or asked.

Annoying, and rather unprofessional, but at least they are making good in the end, in my experience.

Posted: 23 November 2012 12:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8698
Joined  2007-11-06

$1.99 items do not get discounted when DAZ Originals are on sale, only during special PC sales.

I’ve flagged up to DAZ 3D that not everything is showing the discounts.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 23 November 2012 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-08-09
fixmypcmike - 23 November 2012 12:16 AM

$1.99 items do not get discounted when DAZ Originals are on sale, only during special PC sales.

I’ve flagged up to DAZ 3D that not everything is showing the discounts.

If the $1.99 items are not discounted, they shouldn’t show up when you click the 50% discount category.  The $1.99 items have been discounted at times in the past, because I have a number of them showing in my order history where I paid $0.99.

You click on the 50% category for Environments & Props and you get 2533 items show up!  Who’s going to look through 2500 products when most of them are $1.99 and not on sale for 50% off.

Posted: 23 November 2012 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8698
Joined  2007-11-06

They currently don’t have a separate category for DAZ Originals excluding PC items unfortunately—it would make things a lot less confusing.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 23 November 2012 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-08-09
fixmypcmike - 23 November 2012 12:42 AM

They currently don’t have a separate category for DAZ Originals excluding PC items unfortunately—it would make things a lot less confusing.

The banner headline says 50% OFF ALL DAZ ORIGINALS *Excluces items newer than 60 days old.

It doesn’t say “excludes $1.99 items”.

Posted: 23 November 2012 12:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-08-09

Ok, I get it.  The problems are disappearing.  I guess it’s the nature of the internet that when something changes on a website, the changes don’t show up at exactly the same moment on every computer in the world.  There’s a lag time.

Posted: 23 November 2012 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  729
Joined  2003-10-09

It doesn’t say “excludes $1.99 items”.

Platinum Club items are only less than $1.99 when there is a specific sale for them, usually a theme-based sale (like sci-fi items, vehicles, etc). It has been that way as long as anyone can remember.

Signature 

“It answers all the questions, finally, but not really, but kind of”
- Bob Denver

my deviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 23 November 2012 01:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  299
Joined  2008-10-01

I notice that very many of the 50% DAZ Originals sale items are in fact at 70%, or in many cases 85% off. So I reckon it’s probably worth ploughing through the pages if there are bargains like that to be had! Let’s hope it’s not an error, or if it is, doesn’t get fixed!

Posted: 23 November 2012 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1592
Joined  2005-02-25

when it says “50% off ENTIRE PA STORES” it doesn’t really mean that apparently.  I was doubly depressed hoping to get Maraieh’s morphing business suit on sale, but it either isn’t old enough yet (thought i thought it’s been out more than a few months now????) or just isn’t on sale for some reason.

And I at first thought ALL the PAs were on sale but that was too good to be true.  Was hoping to see Addy in there or optitex ....

Posted: 23 November 2012 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2245
Joined  2005-09-05
belovedalia - 23 November 2012 02:28 AM

when it says “50% off ENTIRE PA STORES” it doesn’t really mean that apparently.  I was doubly depressed hoping to get Maraieh’s morphing business suit on sale, but it either isn’t old enough yet (thought i thought it’s been out more than a few months now????) or just isn’t on sale for some reason.

And I at first thought ALL the PAs were on sale but that was too good to be true.  Was hoping to see Addy in there or optitex ....

Just the pa’s listed on the sale page….

Iirc the business suit would be too recent to qualify.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 23 November 2012 02:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  206
Joined  2003-11-27

And an annoying thing - the categories, at least the “Toons” and “Creatures”, are promoted with products that were not included in these categories. No Sam and Sadie in Toons, no Anubis in Creatures.

Signature 

Asus P9X79 WS, i7-3930K@4250mHz, Zotac gtx 580 amp2! 3gb + Zotac gtx 580 3gb + PoV gtx 580 3gb, 32 gb 4-ch Geil, 1350 wt Thermaltake, system/soft 240 gb sata III ssd, temp/swap 128 gb sata III ssd, 2 tb sata III hdd, AeroCool Strike-X ST.

Posted: 23 November 2012 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1592
Joined  2005-02-25
Pendraia - 23 November 2012 02:31 AM

well darn it. See I missed the intro sale and i was hoping it’d have been enough time by now…

ah well. Spent too much this month anyway.

Posted: 23 November 2012 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-01

Yeah, I was hoping for Optitex too. However, SimonWM and Khory are both included in the sale, which means half of the Optitex items are as well, except for his earliest releases. I have found a couple that were in my wish list. And many more besides. DAZ still know how to repeatedly suck every last spare cent out of me. And several that really shouldn’t be spare…..

confused

Posted: 23 November 2012 03:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2245
Joined  2005-09-05
belovedalia - 23 November 2012 02:39 AM
Pendraia - 23 November 2012 02:31 AM

well darn it. See I missed the intro sale and i was hoping it’d have been enough time by now…

ah well. Spent too much this month anyway.

Sorry….wish I could help.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 23 November 2012 03:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-01

And following the chaos theme as in the thread header, I also notice that the Black Friday deals have over ridden the Black November Fast Grab prices, which is mildly irritating. But with so many other good bargains spread, albeit apparently quite randomly, throughout the store, it would be churlish to complain!

1 of 2