WIP Thread for June New Users Contest.
Posted: 27 June 2012 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 316 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4877
Joined  2006-08-27
Man, that would be a bummer!
 Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 28 June 2012 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 317 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Okay folks remember tomorrow mid-night DAZ time is the end. Get your renders into the WIP and Contest thread. Nevermind the WIP thread just get your renders in the contest if you wish to enter. That means you Mr. EvilProducer.
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 29 June 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 318 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4877
Joined  2006-08-27
Jaderail - 28 June 2012 02:11 PM
Okay folks remember tomorrow mid-night DAZ time is the end. Get your renders into the WIP and Contest thread. Nevermind the WIP thread just get your renders in the contest if you wish to enter. That means you Mr. EvilProducer.

Despite my low post count, I've been here quite awhile and don't consider myself a new user. I don't think it would be fair to the new people learning the software. I was just posting a bit of a tutorial to try and show people that you don't need to turn down your render settings all the way to get decent renders and decent render times. Hopefully I've helped a little bit.
 Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 29 June 2012 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 319 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
evilproducer - 29 June 2012 11:14 AM
Despite my low post count, I've been here quite awhile and don't consider myself a new user. I don't think it would be fair to the new people learning the software. I was just posting a bit of a tutorial to try and show people that you don't need to turn down your render settings all the way to get decent renders and decent render times. Hopefully I've helped a little bit.
Opps, I should have known from the renders and tips. But you never know just what some of the New Users have went out on thier own and picked up along the way. Thanks for joining the fun and helping. I learned from your tips and hope to see you when the next contest starts.
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 29 June 2012 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 320 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15247
Joined  2003-10-09
evilproducer - 29 June 2012 11:14 AM

It's really nice of you to pop in and give tutorials and hints and tips like this.

Thankyou very much.

And Jaderail knows we owe him a big vote of thanks as well, for the way he has been keeping up with all this, despite his own situation, healthwise.

SO everybody give 3 hearty cheers for Jaderail.
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 29 June 2012 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 321 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7603
Joined  2009-05-14
How about one big cheer from me. Cheer
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 29 June 2012 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 322 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
All right folks! That's enough of that. You all know I do this just because I enjoy posting. If I can be of use when I post it's just a accident most of the time. red face
 Signature 

Posted: 29 June 2012 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 323 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2012-01-05
Hip Hip Hooraycool cheese

Posted: 30 June 2012 05:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 324 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2011-06-08
I'd like to thank everyone for all the advice contained within these pages. It'll probably be a little while until I make some sense of it all though raspberry

I changed the plant because, damn, that thing took ages. And so it cut the render time down by about 20 hours. O.o

I don't think I've got the lighting quite right, to be honest, and the shadows are a little confusing because of the screen that you don't really see to his right that's kinda see through. I'm relatively happy with it though... any tips to improve it will be greatly received smile

Haven't really done a portrait before. Ok for a first try I guess. smile
Image Attachments
samurai2.png
 Signature 

Here’s what I’ve got;

http://rei-nightshade.deviantart.com/

Posted: 30 June 2012 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 325 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
Jaderail - 29 June 2012 11:59 AM
All right folks! That's enough of that. You all know I do this just because I enjoy posting. If I can be of use when I post it's just a accident most of the time. red face
Dude you are just going to have to get used it. Most of us here do this for the same reason as you and some are in the same boat as you health wise etc. But it is nice to feel appreciated. And why not give praise when it is due. There is not enough of it in my opinion.
 Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 30 June 2012 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 326 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
Haaru_Windwalker - 30 June 2012 05:29 AM
I'd like to thank everyone for all the advice contained within these pages. It'll probably be a little while until I make some sense of it all though raspberry

I changed the plant because, damn, that thing took ages. And so it cut the render time down by about 20 hours. O.o

I don't think I've got the lighting quite right, to be honest, and the shadows are a little confusing because of the screen that you don't really see to his right that's kinda see through. I'm relatively happy with it though... any tips to improve it will be greatly received smile

Haven't really done a portrait before. Ok for a first try I guess. smile
What I like about this image and the post is that A, it is a great first attempt, seriously I am not just saying it and B, yiu are starting to analise aspects of the image yourself. Good start.

I would be interested to see what your light set up is and what your render settings are. Until we get an idea of what lighting you are using we can't really advise.
 Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 30 June 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 327 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7503
Joined  2006-03-19
The contest is now complete. We will give a extra two hours from the time of my post here to enter your image into the contest thread if you haven't already.
 Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 30 June 2012 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 328 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Great contest! I enjoyed it much. And Thank you to all for the praise even if I do find it a bit embarrassing.
 Signature 

Posted: 01 July 2012 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 329 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
And I did one just for fun yesterday. This is four spots following almost a three point setup with a distant light pointing up with no shadows to add ambent fill light.
Image Attachments
!01-Tired.png
 Signature 

Posted: 02 July 2012 02:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 330 ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2009-02-25
That's one cool render, jaderail! Love it. Thanks for posting and all your help.

22 of 23