Digital Art Zone

“Lost” content folder in categories
Posted: 22 November 2012 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  547
Joined  0

I like to categorize my older content in Daz 3 then import it into Daz 4. (Gen 4 stuff mostly, some poser stuff). I had put a folder in the wrong place and went to drag it somewhere else and my finger slipped and it’s disappeared. I’ve looked in all ‘nearby’ folders and can’t find it. When I import Daz4 sees it in the same place it started in but I’d still like to find it in Daz 3 so I can move it where I wanted. Is there a way to do this?

Also, is there a way to do categories in Daz 4? I’d like to organize my Genesis content in a similar way to how I’ve done my G4 content.

Signature 

Having trouble with clothing/props not showing in Daz 4.5? Take a look at this thread:

Thread in Nuts And Bolts forum

Posted: 22 November 2012 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8313
Joined  2009-05-14

Oh the dreaded slip…Been there and done that but to be honest I have never found a way to retrieve it apart from looking in every folder and sub folder. Yes a pain as it could be anywhere.

In DS4.5 right click on the content you want to Categorise and choose “Create Category From” whislt in the Content Library Pane (not Smart Content)

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 22 November 2012 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

I’ve tried but haven’t found it yet. Still, I guess I’ll go looking for it. Can you do drag and drop in 4.5?

Signature 

Having trouble with clothing/props not showing in Daz 4.5? Take a look at this thread:

Posted: 22 November 2012 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2009-12-07

If you know which assets were in that category, do a search for them, or find them in the Content Library/Product view or in the Native Folders view. From there you right-click the asset and select Categorize. Studio will show you where it is by highlighting the relevant categories. That’s the easiest way I know of to find out where something is located.

Drag and drop does work, but unfortunately DS4 and up doesn’t merge categories with the same name, which is a bit of a pain.

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 22 November 2012 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

Thank you Cridgit. That worked for me! I was able to find one of the items I knew and found the rest. It appeared they’d all seperated out of the folder I had them under in a completely different category so I just moved them one by one to where I wanted them to be. Problem solved!

Signature 

Posted: 23 November 2012 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8313
Joined  2009-05-14

Thanks cridgit
Riggswolfe sorry I had to sleep, glad you got it fixed. Can you do us CV’s a favour and add (Solved) to the tilte on the thread please.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 23 November 2012 04:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2009-12-07

Tada!

You’re welcome grin

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.