A quick check in google or the forum search did not provide an answer to the question:
Why are there legacy versions of new DS content being released?
Are the following assumptions right:
DS4.5 Pro is still for free.
To use Genesis content in Poser one needs the DSON format.
The poser companion files work together with the Core installers.
Why do I bother?
I noticed that DAZ seems to be rather a small company with only a few employees that are very busy working behind the scenes converting products to the DSON format and creating metadata.
Nevertheless I now noticed that for quite a few products the metadata for the old legacy installers was done right but then the metadata of the CORE version was missing.
If DAZ obviously is working with very few people that have an insane task ahead. Why is time and effort invested to release LEGACY products that are only compatible with old DS4 versions?
I can understand that old LEGACY products are kept online but why bother the release new ones?
Would it not be the obvious choice to say:
Lets support the latest version of our software and use our limited time and manpower to do that job right?
Examples of products that I installed and found lacking content:
- Gn Axel International M5 (duplicate error)
- Manga Style Shaders (in the first downloaded version was no metadata included)
- Gn Shirt for V5 (in the first downloaded core version was no metadata included)
- Gn Look At Me! Eyes 2 (in the first downloaded core version was no metadata included)
- Gn Stalker Girl Guns (in the first downloaded core version was no metadata included)
- Planet Lava (in the first downloaded core version was no metadata included)
- Epic Wings (at version 1.6 now and still not working properly in CORE and LEGACY versions.