Thank you all for your inputs! They have given me a good overview over different perspectives.
Bear in mind that I doubt anyone is creating Legacy versions for content being built in DS4.5; the products that have Legacy installers are ones that predate 4.5, so the older version already exists.
Interestingly enough my last shoping spree seems to confirm that.
The result of that statisticly probably not representative sample yield mixed results:
- The large majority of those products seem to have CORE, LEGACY and Poser Companion files.
- The texture sets I purchased for the Hio Bundle have CORE and Poser Companion files.
- The dynamic clothing like Dynamic Sailor Girl comes only in LEGACY version.
(Its seems to be a specific file type of its own anyway.)
- Some files are neither CORE nor LEGACY but just old school Gen4 like “Dinner Food”
- Cloud City was an interesting one:
CORE and POSER Companion files.
A special obj version called GENERAL CONTENT - gc in short. that was a new one for me.
but no legacy version
- Cyborg V4 came with a special naming convention called POSER CORE
At first I was not sure what that was supposed to be and am still not.
Its not really a Genesis version sow how can it be CORE?
Its more like old school Gen4 as well.
- Dark Embrace was the first product I downloaded to only features a DSON CORE version
And how was the metadata done?
- Addison that I grabbed as “free” product by spending more than 30 had half way done metadata included.
File type and categorization was not done so it would not show up in Smart Content or Tabs
- Urban Future 4 Psy District had no metadata at all included
- Curator Aquarum had no metadata at all included
- Stephanie 5 Elite Texture Joanie was missing the preview image in the /runtime/support folder so no preview image would show up in smart content
17 products purchased 4 of them are missing features after installation.
This sample is right about representative of my other latest shoping experiences. About a quarter of the products I install seem to be missing metadata features when installed.
- - -
What seems sure is that shopping at the DAZ store has become more and more complex with different file types and different software versions supported.
I really hope this transitoin phase with a lot of updating of file types and metadata will sort itself out soon.