Digital Art Zone

Installing daz content to Poserpro 64 bit.
Posted: 22 November 2012 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2003-10-09

Just done a new clean install of Posepro 2012 when I built my new PC, now putting Gen 4 figures back on and wondering I get content and getting rid of the message that says ,When used with Poser TM, “Victoria 4.1 Base” must be installed to the same directory as the application executable; due to restrictions on support file locations. Please select the directory that contains your Poser executable. ‘

Posted: 22 November 2012 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6914
Joined  2005-08-15

Select DAZ Studio as the target application, not Poser, and EXACTLY the same files will be installed.  The installer is looking for a program called poser.exe which Poser Pro does not have.

You must also install the V4 morphs, A4 and Gril4 etcetc, into the ame folder, and that applies to Morphs++ for V4 as well.

Posted: 22 November 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2003-10-09

Shame one has to use a work around because the installer is such a pain.

Posted: 22 November 2012 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2003-10-09

Do what most everyone else does and make a text doc in you PP2012 content dir and rename it poser.exe
or Any other Folder you want V4 in (like Her Own maybe?)

Signature 

Xeon X5680 whatta hoot yeeeehaaaaa

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do; they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor