Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
AniMate2
Posted: 23 November 2012 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  397
Joined  2006-08-24

I would like to rotate this arrow so that the arrowhead is flat to view. I have tried the translation and rotation parameters, but they work on the axis of the length of the shaft. How can I rotate the arrowhead with the axis being the core of the shaft?

Image Attachments
Arrowhead_1.jpg

Posted: 23 November 2012 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-08-24

I am trying to place a figure created in Daz into Bryce. The Bryce example was converted from an obj file because the “export to Bryce” was much worse. The bow and arrow was even absent in the DS Br export.

How can I get these to play nice?

Image Attachments
Archer_gbow_daz.jpgBryce_Archer.jpg

Posted: 23 November 2012 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

In Daz Studio,. You can create a NULL object, (a wire-frame helper which doesn’t appear in your render)

The Arrow can be “Parented” to the NULL object,. then you can rotate the Null object, and the barrow will move with it

To parent the Arrow, to the Null,.
you would open the SCENE list,. and select the “Arrow” from the list , and drag ‘n’ drop it onto the entry for the new NULL object you’ve added to the list.

Hope it helps smile

Posted: 23 November 2012 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-08-24
3DAGE - 23 November 2012 03:22 PM

In Daz Studio,. You can create a NULL object, (a wire-frame helper which doesn’t appear in your render)

The Arrow can be “Parented” to the NULL object,. then you can rotate the Null object, and the barrow will move with it

To parent the Arrow, to the Null,.
you would open the SCENE list,. and select the “Arrow” from the list , and drag ‘n’ drop it onto the entry for the new NULL object you’ve added to the list.

Hope it helps smile

When I do that the arrow disappears.

Posted: 23 November 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

Does it disappear from the scene list,. ?
or has it moved because you’ve parented it to another object.

Ideally the objects you’re parenting together should be positioned close together , and “Zeroed”  before you Parent them.

Also…

Is the arrow an independent prop object, or is it part of the bow. ?

It could be that the Arrow is a smart prop for the bow. ...

have you checked in the Parameters section, to see if the Arrow has any options to allow you to rotate it from there. ?

Posted: 23 November 2012 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-08-24
3DAGE - 23 November 2012 03:43 PM

Does it disappear from the scene list,. ?
or has it moved because you’ve parented it to another object.

Ideally the objects you’re parenting together should be positioned close together , and “Zeroed”  before you Parent them.

Also…

Is the arrow an independent prop object, or is it part of the bow. ?

It could be that the Arrow is a smart prop for the bow. ...

have you checked in the Parameters section, to see if the Arrow has any options to allow you to rotate it from there. ?

I parented the null to the right hand and dropped the arrow onto the null. Inside the null the arrow disappears. When I take it out of the null it comes back.

The arrow is an independent prop.

I tried the rotational and translational parameter controls for the arrow, didn’t work.

The trans parameters

Image Attachments
Arrow_unseen.jpgArrow_seen.jpgArrow_Parameters.jpg

Posted: 23 November 2012 10:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

you may need,, when you parent your arrow to null,, adjust the positon and local axis,, first.
then you change null positon,, the parented item move with null.

I do not know how you set the null,,  but I try with other produc arrow,,and rotate aroow by null with local axis.
(or I may set bone, then rotate the arrow. but you may not want to set bone for your arrow prop, I think)

1. load arrow prop on to the scene.

2.create new null.

3 translate null ,  and roatate null ,to set null rocal axis, along arrow shape.

(it may different with arrow local axis.
  because,, often prop local axis, do not along the prop shape.)

you may need to change 3d view, top and front ,then adjust null rotation, with the arrow shape.

4,  set arrow parented the null.  now you select the null , the local axis fit to the arrow shape.

5.  once you set parented,, you better not select arrow. 

drug and rotate the null to adjust the arrow positon where you want. it semes easy by wrold axis.

6,  now you can rotate your arrow , by use null rocal axis, along to the arrow shape.

but,,,, it can only work about,, manual rotaiton in 3d view with universal tool. ..
the cotroller parameter are not rocal axis,, so you can not rotate aroow along the shape by parameter ^^;

Image Attachments
arrow1.JPGarrow2.JPGarrow3.JPGarrow4.JPGarrow_5.JPG

Posted: 23 November 2012 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

one more pic may need,,,

I think there may be more easy way ?  I want to know,,, how rotate the object along the shape,,with animation,
by Local axis in ds 4.5?  if need manual rotation?
or,,Animate can do it?

Image Attachments
arrow6.JPG

2 of 2