I have revoted with the new 1=best scheme. There were some NAE that I would have loved to vote for, and soooo many really good ones. This is what I chose:
1 (best) Warmblood #1 “The Rescuers” I love the lighting, poses and expressions.
2 Lady Winterlace #4 “She’s a bit big ...” Again it is the lighting, poses and expressions and the clever use of items that attracted me”
3 Lici45 #4 “Half-Toon Girl” I liked all those toon characters and the plasma burst or whatever that is in the scene.
4 Sasje #4 “Protect by the dogs” I liked the unusual lighting and the human and dog expressions. It is suspenseful.
5 Totte #3 “The mind reading in Area 51” It has cows and great lighting and clever item usage.
1 (best) Denny L #1 “Pet T-Rex Can’t Swim” Such clever posing of the random items, and the holding breath expression is priceless.
2 Totte #4 “Nuclear power plant operator” I love the theme of this one and the way she is oblivious to the alarms.
3 Lici45 #5 “The New Maid” All the little clutter touches added make this one so funny
4 Obanion #1 “combining the wedding with the bachelor party” Just the thought that Michael would be so clueless is hilarious.
5 KaribousBoutique #3 “The Modern And Archaic Methods of Beating A Dead Horse” Clever theme, glad it wasn’t pulled for “violence”!
1. Sasje#1 I love all the shadow detail.
2. Barbult#2 Serious amount of detail in this one…faces in review mirror, etc
3. Luci45#3 Love the night lighting
4. Luci45#4 Great composition
5. Kaputcha#4 Very fanciful
1. Goherus#2 LOL funny.
2. Barbult #4 LOL magic gone wrong…
3. Winterlace #4 She’s a bit big…LOL. Bonus points for name of image.
4. Sasje#2. LOL. Looks like someone’s going to have a lot of questions…
5. DennyL#1. LOL. Very imaginative.
Glad I didn’t vote too quickly and so missed out on the confusion.
I agree with Luci45 - chosing was pretty tough and 10 placings might have been a bit easier! I also feel bad about the entries I had to drop from my “short” list, but here goes:
5 points = Sasje#6 “SSSSHHHHT!” - I just love this one
4 points = Luci45#1 “The Stargazer” - really pretty composition and nice effects
3 points = barbult#5 “Contact” - it just grabs me somehow!
2 points = Luci45#3 “Purple Pansies” - the colours and lighting attract me to this one too
1 point = Sasje#1 “Hmmmm what kind of story…” - very effective light/shade contrasts
5 points = barbult#3 “Don’t Judge a Book by It’s Cover” - I really like the idea behind this one
4 points = Denny L#1 “Pet T-Rex Can’t Swim” - just love the weirdness and the man’s expression
3 points = emsim#2 “Need a Lift?” - love the expression
2 points = KaribousBoutique#1 “I don’t think we’re in NVIATWAS…” - the parody really appeals to me
1 point = Winterlace#4 “She’s a Bit Big” - love the concept again
Here are my votes again (with a few position changes). I don’t usually like to post them publicly but under the circumstance, probably a good idea. If you didn’t make my list you are probably on someone else’s, so don’t sweat it.
1. Sedor#1 - Already commented on why I liked this one best.
2.Adacey#1 - Lighting, color, composition, and a seamless blending of items with idea.
3.Winterlace#2 - Very unique approach; well executed.
4. barbult#2 - Like the perspective, simplicity, and believability. Interesting depiction of the mundane.
5.Luci45#5 - Attention to detail is excellent. Amusing, yet seriously good social commentary on relationships.
1. KaribousBoutique #3 - Fresh take on an old joke; seriously well rendered.
2. Pixel8ted#1 - This one actually made me laugh. The man’s age, his reaction, the pose, the cast, etc..so ridiculous it’s funny.
3. barbult#3 - Really enjoyed this one. Everything fits in the image and the day is perfect, pristine, and then it happens… hehehe
4.Totte#6 - I didn’t want to like it but I did.
5. emsim#2 - Enjoyable image you might find in an old LIFE magazine. Sort of poker dogs met Norman Rockwell.