Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 22 November 2012 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2011-09-13
Gedd - 22 November 2012 11:44 AM

I think this hits the issue directly. Certain types of characters are best suited for a particular type of conceptual use. They are good for that intended use but brought too far outside it they ‘get lost.’ The concept of Genesis allowing morphs to work together don’t really change this as it’s not a physical thing but a stylistic issue.

Nice render btw Hiro, even if you did grab my name ;p

(That last part was also meant as a compliment btw.)

I actually chose the nick before I knew about the Hiro figure at all. It was an old nick from the character of that name from sci-fi writer Neal Stephenson’s book “Snow Crash”. Which reminds me, I think the time is ripe for me to re-read it!

I hear what you are saying. From my perspective I disregard the intention of a product and use it in a way that makes artistic sense to me. In the case of the hiro models it has little to do with anime (although in this render I make anime references, such as his being on a roof).

Posted: 13 December 2012 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  955
Joined  2006-02-27

Here are some new ones I just finished

Image Attachments
pretty_hiro_5.jpgpretty_hiro_5_2.pngpretty_hiro_5_5.jpgpretty_hiro_5_9.jpg

Posted: 13 December 2012 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16
Hiro Protagonist - 22 November 2012 06:05 PM

..It was an old nick from…“Snow Crash”...

Yes I know where it’s from. I’m guessing that’s where the Hiro char here got it’s name. I like it because it’s iconic of the writer’s whole style in the book… Hiro Protagonist, as in ‘the hero… the protagonist…’ ;p

The story was a good take on tounge-in-cheek humor, and wedding it with cyberpunk, which is usually dark was inspired smile

Iirc, Stephenson named the book that because he had an old apple computer which when crashed went to a white static screen similar to old tube tvs, the type that showed traces of the sound of the universe in it’s static patterns.

Any other cyberpunk fans out there?

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 14 December 2012 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3139
Joined  2007-06-22
JohnDelaquiox - 13 December 2012 04:05 PM

Nice really like the face.

Posted: 14 December 2012 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2011-09-13
Gedd - 13 December 2012 09:03 PM

Yes I know where it’s from. I’m guessing that’s where the Hiro char here got it’s name. I like it because it’s iconic of the writer’s whole style in the book… Hiro Protagonist, as in ‘the hero… the protagonist…’ ;p

It’s more likely because Hiro is a fairly well-known Japanese name (or name component*) and sounds like “hero”, so chosen for somewhat similar reasons to Stephenson’s. There was also a character called Hiro in the US TV series “Heroes”.

* In Japan “Hiro” is usually, although not always, short for a longer name, such as Hiroyuki or Hiromichi (somehow I can’t imagine Emperor Shōwa, Hirohito, having being called “Hiro”, though!).

Posted: 14 December 2012 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  707
Joined  2012-07-21
Hiro Protagonist - 22 November 2012 06:05 PM

I actually chose the nick before I knew about the Hiro figure at all. It was an old nick from the character of that name from sci-fi writer Neal Stephenson’s book “Snow Crash”. Which reminds me, I think the time is ripe for me to re-read it!

I had totally forgotten about the character’s name, time for a re-read indeed, I quite enjoyed that book at the time.
Bought it because i loved Cryptonomicon so much, still one of my all-time-favourites, although you’d have to be a bit of a nerd/math-geek to really enjoy that one (that’s what everyone i recommended it to said anyway)

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
me at DeviantArt

Posted: 14 December 2012 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1444
Joined  2010-02-14
JohnDelaquiox - 13 December 2012 04:05 PM

HOT!! <3

What skin is that? I MUST have your formula.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 14 December 2012 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

My formula is about two days worth of dialing and screaming and about four headaches.

Ash from ManiHoni over renderosity!

Posted: 14 December 2012 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  681
Joined  2004-11-12

I have been getting into zbrush sculpting recently, and did make an attempt at sculpting a Hiro5 morph that made him look older and more masculine while retaining his anime features (we usually refer to this as bara).

Image Attachments
Hiro5BaraTest.jpg

Posted: 14 December 2012 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2006-02-13
BishounenTaurus - 14 December 2012 09:34 PM

I have been getting into zbrush sculpting recently, and did make an attempt at sculpting a Hiro5 morph that made him look older and more masculine while retaining his anime features (we usually refer to this as bara).

looks nice. looking forward to any further WIP’s.

regards,
waningmoon

Posted: 15 December 2012 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

That actually looks really good BT

Posted: 18 February 2013 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2010-07-08

I recently bought the Hiro 5 pro bundle and really like it.  While I was at it I also got the CMG Hiroism add-ons.  So here are some renders I did this weekend.

There’s Yasahiro, Hiroko, and Toshiro.  The poses and textures come from the Hiro 5 pro bundle.  Yasahiro wears the Dragon Rage outfit, and Hiroko has on the Octavius shirt.  Yasahiro uses the Takeo textures; Hiroko and Toshiro use Arashi. 

The dojo came from ShareCG, and the brick wall (part of a building) came from Blendswap.

The dojo scene was assembled in DS 4.5.  Toshiro was posed in DS, but other parts of the scene were added in Blender.  I used the mcjTeleblender script to export to Blender (v2.65.10) and set up my own custom material nodes there.  Cameras and lighting were set up in Blender too.  Toshiro was originally posed with PH Sassy, but I tried my hand at particle/strand hair in Blender.  That uses up a lot of RAM!  Also, in Blender I did some minor sculpting and vertex pushing to fix any clothing and hair issues caused by the characters’ poses.

Rendering was done with Blender Cycles in Ubuntu 12.04 since it is a bit faster than Windows 7.

Image Attachments
dojo0.jpgtoshiro3.jpg

Posted: 18 February 2013 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1444
Joined  2010-02-14

Is it wrong that once Aiko 5 comes out that I have intentions for rendering scenes of Hiro dumping Hitomi to get back with his ex? smile

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 26 March 2013 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2010-07-08

Here’s a new render with characters based on Hiro 5 and Hiroism CMG.  I put it together before I had Aiko 5, so I used one of the female morphs from Hiroism.  It’s just not quite the same, is it?  Anyway, this trio was just waiting for a nice environment to start a fight in, so as soon as Stonemason’s Walled City came on sale in March Madness, I had to pick it up.  smile

Image Attachments
trio4.jpg

2 of 3