Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
Hiro 5 Render Thread
Posted: 21 November 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  955
Joined  2006-02-27

Ok after my initial disappointment with the complete release of Hiro 5 I saw the price go down to like 16 dollars for the base and figured I would go ahead and get it.

I downloaded, installed and just started spinning some dials in it in Studio 4.5 just to see what I can get out of him. After two or three days spent playing around with it and my plethora of other morphs I am still not happy with my end result of my first attempt. I just can’t get a nice masculine older looking character. If I dial too many of the other Genesis morphs I lose Hiro Almost completely or it just distorts completely. 

Here is my First attempt first render feel free to post your images as well

Image Attachments
hiro_5_re_2.5_.pnghiro_5_3.jpgHiro_5_3.jpghiro_5_5.jpghiro_5_6.jpg

Posted: 21 November 2012 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  552
Joined  0

I don’t think Hiro is intended for masculine, older characters. I rarely do anime but I did bought him anyway knowing that he would see far less use than M5 for me.

Signature 

Having trouble with clothing/props not showing in Daz 4.5? Take a look at this thread:

Thread in Nuts And Bolts forum

Posted: 21 November 2012 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

I know its not really the intended purpose for Hiro 5 but he is just a base morph for Genesis so one should just be able to do more with him

Posted: 21 November 2012 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  996
Joined  2012-01-29

He looks very nice. Definitely more masculine than Hiro5 base, but not that much older, I am afraid. On the other hand, many characters in anime look rather young, even those who are supposed to be in their thirties.

Posted: 21 November 2012 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

Thanks Proxima

Posted: 21 November 2012 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  193
Joined  2003-10-09

I think your character looks very nice, John. I’ve not played with H5 much. This is a render I did when creating poses.smile

Image Attachments
H5Angel.jpg
 Signature 

My DAZ store
My RDNA Store
Capsces Digital Ink

Posted: 21 November 2012 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3317
Joined  2009-08-05

Isn’t Hiro a Thailadyboy?

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 21 November 2012 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

Hey Beth, Thanks

Have you started on any morphs for Genesis?

I added a third image to the top using a different hair set

I am going to see if my friend Ali can wip up a few more anime inspired hair sets

Posted: 22 November 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2011-09-13

I have a feeling I posted this before, but I can’t find it (and as my grandma used to say, I have a brain like a sieve). Anyway, this is the Takeo character with Pure Hair Space and parts of the Dragon Rage outfit.

Although I love anime (and perhaps because I love anime—anime and 3D aren’t really compatible for me) I’m not particularly tempted by the more cartoony aspects of Hiro, but I like the range this figure adds for “semi-realistic” fantasy characters.

Image Attachments
on_the_roof_again.jpg

Posted: 22 November 2012 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16

I think this hits the issue directly. Certain types of characters are best suited for a particular type of conceptual use. They are good for that intended use but brought too far outside it they ‘get lost.’ The concept of Genesis allowing morphs to work together don’t really change this as it’s not a physical thing but a stylistic issue.

Nice render btw Hiro, even if you did grab my name ;p

(That last part was also meant as a compliment btw.)

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 22 November 2012 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1085
Joined  2010-09-19

Hiro 5 with 50% Mr Hyde added (hands and feet scaled down by -21%)

Image Attachments
Hiro-Hyde.jpg
 Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 22 November 2012 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  193
Joined  2003-10-09
JohnDelaquiox - 21 November 2012 03:49 PM

Hey Beth, Thanks

Have you started on any morphs for Genesis?

I added a third image to the top using a different hair set

I am going to see if my friend Ali can wip up a few more anime inspired hair sets

I’ve got some magnets going, but when they will be complete is unknown.wink

Signature 

My DAZ store
My RDNA Store
Capsces Digital Ink

Posted: 22 November 2012 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2003-10-09

This is Hiro 5 using Hitoro head morphs. Maybe I should try a few more.

Image Attachments
Hiro5.jpg

Posted: 22 November 2012 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1278
Joined  2008-03-30
JohnDelaquiox - 21 November 2012 10:17 AM

Ok after my initial disappointment with the complete release of Hiro 5 I saw the price go down to like 16 dollars for the base and figured I would go ahead and get it.

I downloaded, installed and just started spinning some dials in it in Studio 4.5 just to see what I can get out of him. After two or three days spent playing around with it and my plethora of other morphs I am still not happy with my end result of my first attempt. I just can’t get a nice masculine older looking character. If I dial too many of the other Genesis morphs I lose Hiro Almost completely or it just distorts completely. 

Here is my First attempt first render feel free to post your images as well

Looks very nice, a dark and intense character, don’t have H5 yet, bought V5 and M5 and saw them given away a few short months later, so going to hang on a bit wink

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 22 November 2012 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1278
Joined  2008-03-30
Hiro Protagonist - 22 November 2012 09:22 AM

I have a feeling I posted this before, but I can’t find it (and as my grandma used to say, I have a brain like a sieve). Anyway, this is the Takeo character with Pure Hair Space and parts of the Dragon Rage outfit.

Although I love anime (and perhaps because I love anime—anime and 3D aren’t really compatible for me) I’m not particularly tempted by the more cartoony aspects of Hiro, but I like the range this figure adds for “semi-realistic” fantasy characters.

nice is that H4 or 5, and is that a muscle pack addon? cool render smile

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 22 November 2012 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2011-09-13
IanzThingz - 22 November 2012 05:25 PM
Hiro Protagonist - 22 November 2012 09:22 AM

nice is that H4 or 5, and is that a muscle pack addon? cool render smile

Thanks, Ian. It’s all from the Hiro 5 pro bundle, and the muscles are in the morph of Takeo I think I may have tweaked the face a little, but it’s more or less out of the box.

1 of 3