Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
You know… if you really wanted to have a great contest…
Posted: 21 November 2012 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  615
Joined  2006-05-18

I also misunderstood.  I thought you were speaking generally and only centered on Genesis cause it’s the new thing…lol

I still think my suggestions are good.  There is a thread every month in the freepository that challenges people to come up with images based on the current months theme and they give prizes.  I don’t see why the same could not be done for morphs strictly for Genesis, but also the other models as well.  People need to understand that even though they don’t have the morph packages (me for one) that they are not limited, they simply need to know what to do.  For example, I keep hearing about the DForm in Daz and even though I have read tuts about it, I have no clue how to use it, it’s over my head.  I do know how to manipulate a mesh in Hex and Sculptris, yet have no idea how to convert that change into a morph file.  I am sure there are many more people like me, who simply just need to learn how to do these things.  On top of learning how to do morphs in such a fashion, it will help people learn more about the programs they use and you can’t go wrong with that.

Signature 

I Am Not An Expert Because I Never Stop Being A Student And Continue To Learn.

Posted: 21 November 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2003-10-09

Okay, if it’s Genesis only, I’m outta here.  Wouldn’t have posted if you’d made your goal clear from the beginning.

Posted: 21 November 2012 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3055
Joined  2004-10-25
Szark - 21 November 2012 12:00 PM
Miss B - 21 November 2012 11:39 AM

They can certainly swing a sword as well as Vicky can.  wink

naa not from what I have seen. raspberry

Evidently you haven’t seen this new pose pack —> http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/m5-poses-03-sword

chohole - 21 November 2012 04:03 PM

OK.  I didn’t actually realise that from the first post. It should have been made a bit clearer really.

Actually the OP should’ve been a whole lot clearer.  I thought it was about renders and not creating male characters from Genesis, especially with the question mark after the word Genesis.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 22 November 2012 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  584
Joined  2012-02-07

While the first post may need a little rewording, it’s not a bad idea.  I do wonder if it would be better as a contest or as a challenge.  Currently fiddling with something to help fill the gap.

Miss B - 21 November 2012 11:39 AM

Too many NVIATWAS renders huh?

I’m curious, what does that acronym mean?

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 22 November 2012 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17035
Joined  2003-10-09

Naked Vickie In A Temple With A Sword.  It used to be the must do render for everyone who first started with 3d and Poser/DS

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

2 of 2