Shimuzu M5 Sword poses, Cool!
Posted: 20 November 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1081
Joined  2009-01-09
Male-M3dia - 20 November 2012 05:42 AM
Spyro - 20 November 2012 05:41 AM

Is the guy with the ‘white’ background Brent from Axel International M5? The morph I mean? He’s definitely got Elite Lee’s texture. (It’s kinda hard to tell from such small pic)

No, I was talking about the vrangler one.

The ones from the promos are using Lee and either Flynn M4 or Caleb M4 (most likely Flynn).

Yeah, I’ve got Caleb—he’s the guy I used in the supersuit renders in the “Men” thread—and even with the Lee Elite texture, and M5 shape dialed up to full (which I’m probably never doing to him again, because his face isn’t defined in a way that works well with the shape), he doesn’t look like the guy in the promos, so it probably is Flynn. Caleb/Lee texture with the sword is in the image below.

Kendall Sears - 20 November 2012 06:12 AM

In all fairness….

Actual, useful, Katana Waza are not flashy nor exciting.  Large, broad strokes or unbalanced foot posture will get you killed.  Contrary to the movies, Katana duels last a matter of seconds from first strike until the death of one, or both, combatants.  There is little time for theatrics once things get serious.

Kendall

Honestly, I was thinking of those more as “sword dance” poses as opposed to “fighting for your life against some other guy with a sword trying to kill you” poses. I mean, the main promo image, with a properly sharpened sword, strongly risks you cutting your own head off, I would think. But for some sorts of fantasy renders or things where realism isn’t necessarily at a premium, they could look very nice. (If actual swordplay form and fighting looks even vaguely like Olympic fencing, your average sword fight apparently lasts about three seconds. At the outside. If both people are toying with their opponent.)

Image Attachments
calebLeetex-03.png
 Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 20 November 2012 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4750
Joined  2009-02-26

Hmmm I wonder if Caleb was made transferred to M5? he seems to have the good Gen5 bends, and has the appearance of M5 at a glance. I would have thought Shimuzu would have used the genesis model for Genesis/M5 poses product images. He definitely looks like caleb that’s for sure. Particularly I really like the face and his eyes. I actually notcied he’s the same character used for the other genesis pose products Shimuzu has got (Just a different skin).

Well spotted Vwrangler and Male-M3dia! smile

Signature 

- - My Render Thread - - My Deviant Art - - xSPYROx Freebies - -

Posted: 20 November 2012 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1736
Joined  2006-02-17
vwrangler - 20 November 2012 03:06 PM
Kendall Sears - 20 November 2012 06:12 AM

In all fairness….

Actual, useful, Katana Waza are not flashy nor exciting.  Large, broad strokes or unbalanced foot posture will get you killed.  Contrary to the movies, Katana duels last a matter of seconds from first strike until the death of one, or both, combatants.  There is little time for theatrics once things get serious.

Kendall

Honestly, I was thinking of those more as “sword dance” poses as opposed to “fighting for your life against some other guy with a sword trying to kill you” poses. I mean, the main promo image, with a properly sharpened sword, strongly risks you cutting your own head off, I would think. But for some sorts of fantasy renders or things where realism isn’t necessarily at a premium, they could look very nice. (If actual swordplay form and fighting looks even vaguely like Olympic fencing, your average sword fight apparently lasts about three seconds. At the outside. If both people are toying with their opponent.)

As I said, actual poses from the Arts would not be “flashy nor exciting” hence they probably wouldn’t sell well.  With that being said, several of these poses look like they could be from Forms with a Dao or Jian.  One of my peers is an accomplished Chinese Swordsman and many of those Forms (Kata) contain extended stances.  I can tell you, many of those moves I’d NEVER try with my blades, even my Iaito is sharp enough to be a deadly weapon.

With a Katana, several of those poses are dangerous to the wielder.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

2 of 2