Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Shimuzu M5 Sword poses, Cool!
Posted: 19 November 2012 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4939
Joined  2009-02-26

Cool pose pack for M5/Genesis!  Well made, the poses are strong and flow smoothly. Definitely for epic renders smile

Wondering what sword prop he uses in his promo? It’s hard to find a good sword that looks realistic. And the textures on it are great! Does anyone know? Thanks.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/m5-poses-03-sword

Image Attachments
1_main.jpg2_popup_2.jpg4_popup_4.jpg6_popup_6.jpg10_popup_10.jpg
 Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 19 November 2012 10:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  385
Joined  2003-10-09

WOW!!!

Just wow…

I wonder if Kendall is cringing as much as I am…

I’m interested as well regarding the Katana.

Other than mine, I have only seen two other realistic Katana’s out there.  This one not being one of those, but it is not at all that bad.  I would like to see some better close up pics for a stronger evaluation.

EDIT:  I forgot to add…  Look, it’s ballet with a sword!

Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 19 November 2012 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  878
Joined  2005-11-06

They do look really nice, love this vendors other V5 poses. I rarely use male figures, anyone tried them with V5 yet, figure they would work fine, but you never know.
The vendor should have modeled a sword or had someone else do one for the pack, since one of the biggest time wasters is getting the sword in the hand properly, especially for this price.

I’m still trying to figure our what rifle is used in his V5 virago poses, LOL.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 19 November 2012 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Parenting the prop to the palm is a good method to use before setting the pose. But the thing about poses is that they are made for the particular prop… no prop has the exact same dimensions and shape as the one the pose was specifically made for. Less of a problem with swords, a far grater issue with guns and bows.

Signature 

Posted: 19 November 2012 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1256
Joined  2009-01-09
Spyro - 19 November 2012 08:57 PM

Cool pose pack for M5/Genesis!  Well made, the poses are strong and flow smoothly. Definitely for epic renders smile

Wondering what sword prop he uses in his promo? It’s hard to find a good sword that looks realistic. And the textures on it are great! Does anyone know? Thanks.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/m5-poses-03-sword

Could be almost anything.  Looks like there are at least 15 sets in the DAZ store that include katanas. At a guess, given that it’s fairly unadorned, it could be the katana that comes with Journeyer Scout. Part of the Studio 4 default content, under Genesis/Props. Handle’s not quite right. The blade isn’t detailed enough for Merlin’s katanas. Handle looks closest to the katana from Way of the Samurai, but you don’t get a good look at the blade in the promo images for Way.

Also, there’s a set of long sword poses for M5 in the store. I’ve wanted it, but it was too new for a price drop during FeralFey’s PA sale, and I don’t really do enough with swords to justify getting it. (Whereas, clearly, I do tons with demonic goats and scifi suits. Ahem. Anyway.)

Braxton with the Journeyer scout katana below. (There may actually be something called a “celtic katana”. Which, as far as I can tell is either (1) actually Japanese, with no explanation I can find of why it would be called “celtic”, or (2) entirely an invention of the Skyrim game. Hard to tell, really.) As I say, the handle’s different, but the blade’s close.

EDIT: Actually, looking at those images blown up a bit, I’m pretty sure that is the Journeyer Scout katana in Shimizu’s poses. The handle isn’t different; it’s just a bit obscured.

Image Attachments
braxton-ohia-balcony-katana-01.png
 Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 19 November 2012 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

I think you’re right Vwrangler. I do see what DareMok3 was saying about the swords realism. I’m not a fan of that particular hilt specifically it does seem to lack the geometry details. I do like the shader on the blade from how it looks in the promos. Cool render Vwrangler! Ohia looks impressed tongue laugh

Signature 

Posted: 19 November 2012 11:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4411
Joined  2011-11-25

I like this. I have put it on my wishlist. I also really like the face and skin of the model. I probably would parent another type of sword to his hand, but I like this a lot.

Posted: 19 November 2012 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Interesting… At first glance I thought he was M5 James… But he’s not James at all. The eyes shape is really nice, and I too like the skin. Wonder who he is?

Signature 

Posted: 19 November 2012 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Worked out that he’s using M4 Elite Skin: Lee

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/m4-elite-texture-lee

Absolutely no Idea, what morphs he’s using…. But I love his face.

Might be Brent in Axel International M5?

Signature 

Posted: 19 November 2012 11:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4411
Joined  2011-11-25

Good face and hair and lights and good catch that is LEE.

I did buy Lee- but I returned him. Never could get him to look this nice. =-)

This is a good example of how to do a product promo.

Posted: 20 November 2012 03:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16

If you are looking for a good Japanese sword you might want to look at Merlin’s Samurai Bundle. There’s also this Case with weapons which has a sword which looks like the one in the poses.

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 20 November 2012 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1653
Joined  2008-11-10
Spyro - 19 November 2012 11:31 PM

Interesting… At first glance I thought he was M5 James… But he’s not James at all. The eyes shape is really nice, and I too like the skin. Wonder who he is?

The guy with the sword is from Braxton M5… haven’t seen him in a while wink.

Posted: 20 November 2012 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Is the guy with the ‘white’ background Brent from Axel International M5? The morph I mean? He’s definitely got Elite Lee’s texture. (It’s kinda hard to tell from such small pic)

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2012 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1653
Joined  2008-11-10
Spyro - 20 November 2012 05:41 AM

Is the guy with the ‘white’ background Brent from Axel International M5? The morph I mean? He’s definitely got Elite Lee’s texture. (It’s kinda hard to tell from such small pic)

No, I was talking about the vrangler one.

The ones from the promos are using Lee and either Flynn M4 or Caleb M4 (most likely Flynn).

Posted: 20 November 2012 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2006-02-17

There is just not a smiley available to convey what I’m feeling.

EDIT:  A bundle of this with Rawart’s Severed Man seems appropriate somehow…

Kendall

DaremoK3 - 19 November 2012 10:06 PM

WOW!!!

Just wow…

I wonder if Kendall is cringing as much as I am…

I’m interested as well regarding the Katana.

Other than mine, I have only seen two other realistic Katana’s out there.  This one not being one of those, but it is not at all that bad.  I would like to see some better close up pics for a stronger evaluation.

EDIT:  I forgot to add…  Look, it’s ballet with a sword!

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 20 November 2012 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2006-02-17

In all fairness….

Actual, useful, Katana Waza are not flashy nor exciting.  Large, broad strokes or unbalanced foot posture will get you killed.  Contrary to the movies, Katana duels last a matter of seconds from first strike until the death of one, or both, combatants.  There is little time for theatrics once things get serious.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

1 of 2