Digital Art Zone

3 of 7
DAZ Studio Pro BETA, version 4.5.1.41, is now available!
Posted: 24 November 2012 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07
mjc1016 - 24 November 2012 06:07 PM

If you right click in the area where the panes (tabs) are, does the DCC show on the list of ones to add, when you select Add Pane?  (Also accessible from Window > Panes > drop down list.)

As for the other…when you check the “Don’t show this…” box, there should be two buttons to the right (bottom right hand side of the window).  One will close the window without saving the choice (I think that’s Cancel) and the other will save the choice (I believe it is grayed out until you check the ‘Don’t show’ box).

I had to next, then put my name on studio to get the save button.

As for the dynamic clothing panel

Image Attachments
nope.jpg

Posted: 25 November 2012 04:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  368
Joined  2004-04-07

Is the DCC that’s included in the download package only for people who have paid for the full version?

I have not installed it yet, which is probably why the built-in DCC is still working on my setup!

Signature 

regards
prixat

Posted: 25 November 2012 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14294
Joined  2003-10-09

prixat: Yes, you will need a serial number to activate it - and it will replace the free basic plugin if you install it.

MS: What is the status of the DCC plugin in help>About Installed Plugins?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 25 November 2012 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-07

Ya, I checked that at the time, It’s listed there waiting for the serial. I hadn’t checked the help about plugins because DCC is on that popup when I start studio; the one asking for serials I haven’t checked the “don’t show this again” on it.  That was actually the first thing I thought of, that maybe my antiV didn’t let it install, but it’s there.

Help about plugins says it failed to load. So I’ll try a reinstall; again, I did a reinstall before posting about it, so I doubt it will work. I’ll pause my antiV and give it another go.

Edit to add: The reinstall got it to load, but still no panel downer

Posted: 25 November 2012 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14294
Joined  2003-10-09

Have you entered your DCC serial number in DS4?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 25 November 2012 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-07

Don’t have one. I didn’t buy DCC.

Posted: 25 November 2012 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  352
Joined  2004-03-03
ManStan - 25 November 2012 07:21 AM

Dynamic Clothing Control is not free. After the initial 30 day free trial, you have to buy and install it with separate serial number. Otherwise you just get the Dynamic Clothing Basic.

It is not part of the free DS4/4.5 Pro.

Posted: 25 November 2012 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-07
DavidGB - 25 November 2012 08:01 AM
ManStan - 25 November 2012 07:21 AM

Dynamic Clothing Control is not free. After the initial 30 day free trial, you have to buy and install it with separate serial number. Otherwise you just get the Dynamic Clothing Basic.

It is not part of the free DS4/4.5 Pro.

The point is I don’t even have the basic. I have no dynamic clothing panel so I can’t use dynamic clothing at all, it wont load.

Posted: 25 November 2012 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-03-03
ManStan - 25 November 2012 08:08 AM

The point is I don’t even have the basic. I have no dynamic clothing panel so I can’t use dynamic clothing at all, it wont load.

Have you been to Window>Workspace>Customize and looked under Panes in the Action list on the left? If Dynamic Clothing is there you can add it back to the Window>Panes menu. Or just in Window>Workspace>Customize, use the Import button to import the default menu setting. (That loses any customizations you may have made to the menus, but I usually Import the default menu and toolbars from there after an update anyway to get any changed or new entries, as otherwise DS goes on using the menus and toolbars you hasad last with the previous version and you miss out on changes and additions.)

Posted: 25 November 2012 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-07

Dude, go to the top of the page and read down.

Posted: 25 November 2012 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-03-03
ManStan - 25 November 2012 08:29 AM

Dude, there is nothing on this page above what I wrote saying to go to Windows>Workspace>Customize and looking in the Panes section of the Action List in the Customize window. You have said nothing about that at all.

Or the previous page.

If About plugins is showing Dynamic Clothing loaded, but Dynamic Clothing is not showing under panes in Window>Workspace>customize window, then use the import in that window to impoer the default action list.

Posted: 25 November 2012 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  368
Joined  2004-04-07
ManStan - 24 November 2012 03:46 PM

...yes I installed the dynamic clothing control even though I can’t use it.

It could be that unnecessary installation you did earlier that is still messing up any re-installs you’re doing.

Is there an uninstaller for just the DCC?

Signature 

regards
prixat

Posted: 25 November 2012 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-03-03
prixat - 25 November 2012 08:54 AM
ManStan - 24 November 2012 03:46 PM

...yes I installed the dynamic clothing control even though I can’t use it.

It could be that unnecessary installation you did earlier that is still messing up any re-installs you’re doing.

Is there an uninstaller for just the DCC?

Installing the Dynamic Clothing Control disables the basic plugin by renaming the two plugin dlls by adding a .basic filetyping to them so they aren’t read by DS on load. So dzautoriggerbasic.dll is renamed to dzautoriggerbasic.dll,basic and dzoptitexclothbasic.dll is renamed to dzoptitexclothbasic.dll.basic while the paid for (and serial needing) dzautoriggercontrol.dll and dzoptitexclothcontrol.dll are added to replace them.

Certainly, if the full Dynamicv Clothing Control has been run in error, the proper uninstaller needs to be run to get back to the basic dynamic clothing, as the unninstaller not only removes the two DCC plugins, but also renames the two basic plugins, removinf the .basic from the end so DS sees and loads them again, and corrects the action list.

So if the DCC insaller was run by mistake, the uninstaller needs to be run. If the control dlls were manually deleted and the uninstaller lost, then run the DCC installer again (just so the unijstaller is created), then run the uninstaller. Or go into the DS program folder, the plugins directory, and check that dzautoriggerbasic.dll and dzoptitexclothbasic.dll are there and don’t have .basic on the end of each after the .dll. If they have the .basic, delete it so they end at the .dll.

Posted: 25 November 2012 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-07
DavidGB - 25 November 2012 08:41 AM

Dude, there is nothing on this page above what I wrote saying to go to Windows>Workspace>Customize and looking in the Panes section of the Action List in the Customize window. You have said nothing about that at all.

Or the previous page.

If About plugins is showing Dynamic Clothing loaded, but Dynamic Clothing is not showing under panes in Window>Workspace>customize window, then use the import in that window to impoer the default action list.

Ok how about I checked that too and it is not on the list. It wasn’t when I checked the first time. I may be slow, but I have been working with studio for a while. If I could have found and added the panel by the means I already know I wouldn’t have posted.

I may not have used/been using studio 4 as much as studio 3, but I have been Fn with studio 4 since the first beta. And it has been nothing but a freaking headache.

Posted: 25 November 2012 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-03-03
ManStan - 25 November 2012 09:30 AM
DavidGB - 25 November 2012 08:41 AM

Or the previous page.

Ok how about I checked that too and it is not on the list. It wasn’t when I checked the first time. I may be slow, but I have been working with studio for a while. If I could have found and added the panel by the means I already know I wouldn’t have posted.

I may not have used/been using studio 4 as much as studio 3, but I have been Fn with studio 4 since the first beta. And it has been nothing but a freaking headache.

Have you run an uninstaller for the Dynamic Clothing Control you installed?

3 of 7