Digital Art Zone

2 of 7
DAZ Studio Pro BETA, version 4.5.1.41, is now available!
Posted: 24 November 2012 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17
mjc1016 - 23 November 2012 02:49 PM

Kendall…

Possibly related to my problems with trying to get the beta to run.

I looked at the log file and for some reason, it’s reporting an OpenGL version of 2.1.x when before I tried the beta, DS always had the right version…OpenGL 4.2.  But right now the system is reporting the correct OpenGL, WINE/DS is not…

D|S is doing a fairly extensive query of the OpenGL layer upon startup.  Are you using a proprietary video driver?  If so, there may be a missing routine or two that is getting flagged with this version.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 24 November 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

Yeah…I’m using Nvidia’s drivers. 

It took reinstalling the driver and reinstalling WINE to get it back.  Using winedebug made it easy to spot…the crash dumps from the crashes, much less than worthless (Unknown error in Kernel32.dll…and so on).

The difference is amazing.  The number of extensions not initialized on OpenGL2.1 is rather alarming and to me explains why some people could be having such trouble 4.5 to run.  Before I got it fixed, it was acting a lot like many people describe DS acting…the constant crashing when doing anything, the not loading at all and if it does, absolutely crappy viewport behavior. 

Just a rough guess on my part, but I’d say a completely working OpenGL of around 3.0 is really the ‘practical’ minimum for DS4.5.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 24 November 2012 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17
mjc1016 - 24 November 2012 10:54 AM

It took reinstalling the driver and reinstalling WINE to get it back.  Using winedebug made it easy to spot…the crash dumps from the crashes, much less than worthless (Unknown error in Kernel32.dll…and so on).

The difference is amazing.  The number of extensions not initialized on OpenGL2.1 is rather alarming and to me explains why some people could be having such trouble 4.5 to run.  Before I got it fixed, it was acting a lot like many people describe DS acting…the constant crashing when doing anything, the not loading at all and if it does, absolutely crappy viewport behavior. 

Just a rough guess on my part, but I’d say a completely working OpenGL of around 3.0 is really the ‘practical’ minimum for DS4.5.

I wouldn’t go that far.  There are some features that will probably be leveraged if they are available, but I doubt seriously that OpenGL >1.4 or 1.5 is necessary to actually use D|S4.5.  I’d have to run a lowlevel trace to know for certain, and I’m too busy helping a friend on a coding project right now to take that kind of time.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 24 November 2012 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2165
Joined  2012-02-04

I saw this in the change log:
“Change default mapped directory to be ”/My DAZ 3D Library” instead of “DAZ 3D/My DAZ Library”
I don’t understand what this means. Do I have to change something in my folder structure, or is this all internal and invisible to the user?

Posted: 24 November 2012 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13601
Joined  2003-10-09
barbult - 24 November 2012 12:34 PM

I saw this in the change log:
“Change default mapped directory to be ”/My DAZ 3D Library” instead of “DAZ 3D/My DAZ Library”
I don’t understand what this means. Do I have to change something in my folder structure, or is this all internal and invisible to the user?

No, it means for some reason they have changed the default that is placed in the entry field when installing if there isn’t a previous value. The name of the folder is not functionally significant so you can continue to call the folder whatever you like - you shouldn’t even notice that the default has changed unless you install on a clean system without a stored previous setting.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 24 November 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

Why can’t I orient tabs across the top? I select it and the tabs just vanish.
Never mind, close it opened it and there are the tabs.

Yes I just got this downloaded and installed today. Next question.

Does dynamic clothing not work in this? Nothing loads, yes I installed the dynamic clothing control even though I can’t use it.

I’ll assume since there is no dynamic clothing tab it doesn’t. 

edit to add, checking “do not show this again” doesn’t work. It still shows the intro tutorial/walk through page every time.

Posted: 24 November 2012 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2003-10-09

anyone with Windows 8 know how to unlock the read only status of the daz studio 4 folder? its preventing the install as its a read only folder and no matter what I have done I cannot make it an all access open folder. I unselect read only.. it applies the changes ( or appears to) but when I go back into it the folder is still read only.

EDIT: Never Mind its not set to read only. Just for some reason Windows 8 is not letting the installer replace the file

Posted: 24 November 2012 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I am getting this error message. and I am not sure that the prev version was uninstalled correctly.

Image Attachments
daz4beta_install_error.jpg

Posted: 24 November 2012 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  530
Joined  2009-04-14

Still getting the “duplicate IDs” error each time I load the base Genesis figure (14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.9_trx.exe) in DAZ Studio Pro BETA (4.5.1.41) (64-bit on Windows 7), and then DAZ Studio crashes to the desktop. (Exception Reason: DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module “C:\Windows\system32\ig4icd64.dll” at 0033:0000000008581120)

BTW: The 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.9_trx.exe appears to work fine with DAZ Studio Pro BETA (4.5.0.137) (64-bit on Windows 7).

Posted: 24 November 2012 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
wallace3d - 24 November 2012 05:26 PM

I am getting this error message. and I am not sure that the prev version was uninstalled correctly.

This coupled with your previous post sounds more like a Windows problem than a DS one…namely permissions/account restrictions.

I’d say either you are having your AV software kick in and mess with install or Windows file protection is kicking in and stopping the install.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 24 November 2012 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
ManStan - 24 November 2012 03:46 PM

Why can’t I orient tabs across the top? I select it and the tabs just vanish.
Never mind, close it opened it and there are the tabs.

Yes I just got this downloaded and installed today. Next question.

Does dynamic clothing not work in this? Nothing loads, yes I installed the dynamic clothing control even though I can’t use it.

I’ll assume since there is no dynamic clothing tab it doesn’t. 

edit to add, checking “do not show this again” doesn’t work. It still shows the intro tutorial/walk through page every time.

If you right click in the area where the panes (tabs) are, does the DCC show on the list of ones to add, when you select Add Pane?  (Also accessible from Window > Panes > drop down list.)

As for the other…when you check the “Don’t show this…” box, there should be two buttons to the right (bottom right hand side of the window).  One will close the window without saving the choice (I think that’s Cancel) and the other will save the choice (I believe it is grayed out until you check the ‘Don’t show’ box).

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 24 November 2012 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
mjc1016 - 24 November 2012 05:58 PM
wallace3d - 24 November 2012 05:26 PM

This coupled with your previous post sounds more like a Windows problem than a DS one…namely permissions/account restrictions.

I’d say either you are having your AV software kick in and mess with install or Windows file protection is kicking in and stopping the install.

when I had windows 8 the 4.5.1.6 installed just fine

I notices that all the files that had the modification date of 10/8/2012 from that install were the ones that were not properly uninstalled. I got it to work..
probably not the best practice and may cause Issues but I manually deleted all the files that had the modification date of 10/8/2012.

Posted: 24 November 2012 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

OMG I am such a Doofus. The reason that the uninstall did not un install correctly was because I had a session open UUUGHH!! *Bangs Head on Desk*

Posted: 24 November 2012 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
Kendall Sears - 24 November 2012 12:12 PM
mjc1016 - 24 November 2012 10:54 AM

I wouldn’t go that far.  There are some features that will probably be leveraged if they are available, but I doubt seriously that OpenGL >1.4 or 1.5 is necessary to actually use D|S4.5.  I’d have to run a lowlevel trace to know for certain, and I’m too busy helping a friend on a coding project right now to take that kind of time.

Kendall

Ok, maybe not quite 3…

But from what I’ve noticed of what was not initialized, there were a lot that seem to be very common, now.  Without knowing exactly which extensions are required and which are ‘just in case’ it’s hard to say, but from the way the UI was acting, something is missing from 2.1 that is needed.  (The crashes were definitely UI/viewport related),

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 24 November 2012 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
wallace3d - 24 November 2012 06:33 PM

OMG I am such a Doofus. The reason that the uninstall did not un install correctly was because I had a session open UUUGHH!! *Bangs Head on Desk*

I think anyone who had installed more than one updated software package had done that one…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

2 of 7