Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Shaping content for Genesis is empty
Posted: 25 November 2012 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2012-09-06

Thanks yet again Richard.

Because the installers drop files in various folders I suppose my best bet is to go through the the Studio3 stuff and re-install the content into Studio/My Library, rather than try and copy files over. I can then delete the Studio3 folder.

Like you said I could leave it all as is now everything works just fine, but it just adds to the complication of trying to find stuff. Plus as you mentioned, anything nested could cause problems. It’s a good thing I haven’t installed tons of content.

Thanks for solving all my DAZ problems again Richard.

Mark

Posted: 26 November 2012 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-09-06

You won’t believe this, but I’m back again.

Finally getting used to DAZ’s way of filing. However I have one issue, which when resolved I think I’ll be able to leave this forum alone for a while. LOL

After re-setting everything so I only had a studio folder and no Studio3 folder, everything was fine, but some content I installed called “Expressive for Genesis”, which is a facial morphing pack. The problem is within Smart Content in DAZ the app has been duplicated three times. After removing the “Expressive for Genesis” files I ran a Reset Database command followed by a Re-Import Metadata, which cleared the above content, but when I re-installed “Expressive for Genesis” there were three duplicates inside DAZ, under Smart Content.

I’m pretty sure this is due to three duplicate executable files or something pointing to the same content, but I have no idea where to look, although I have tried (runtime/support).

Any idea where I can find them?

Thanks
Mark

Posted: 26 November 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-09-06

Sorry I forgot to include some screen shots.

The second image is within the Support folder under Runtime. I thought perhaps these were causing the problem.

Image Attachments
Screen_Shot_2012-11-26_at_19.48_.14_.pngScreen_Shot_2012-11-26_at_21.02_.59_.png

Posted: 26 November 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-09-06

Also just noticed .dsa and .duf files under the Expressive for Genesis folder in My Library, plus the png files are duplicated but with .dsa.
Could this be the problem?

Image Attachments
Screen_Shot_2012-11-26_at_21.12_.48_.png

Posted: 26 November 2012 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-09-06

OK I’ve worked it out. I stupidly installed Legacy, DSON and Poser versions. Told you I was getting used to the DAZ filing system.

Sorry to have wasted valuable forum space.

Mark

Posted: 26 November 2012 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14428
Joined  2003-10-09

Heh, glad you figured it out.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

2 of 2