Posted: 20 November 2012 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16
Taozen - 20 November 2012 01:37 AM
DzFire - 19 November 2012 04:20 PM

Cheaper here then what I used to spend at Turbo Squid o.O

Definitely. But when people have become used to a certain price level, anything above that becomes “too expensive”. All is relative.

It’s not just relative to everyone. I have a price point at which I decide whether I’d be better off doing it myself or purchasing it, and that is balanced against the likely use I will have for the item. With the discounts I’m sure many people like I purchase items we aren’t even sure when we’ll use because the price is right and we figure it will average out in the end by giving us much more flexibility in what we can choose from at any given time in creating a piece. So for me at least, and I’m guessing many others, it totally changes how we purchase and what we base our purchase decision on. Turbo Squid has been around forever. I’ve not bought a single thing there.

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 20 November 2012 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2757
Joined  2004-04-14

No one makes anything new for Aiko3 anymore. :(

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 20 November 2012 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  250
Joined  2005-10-16
Mattymanx - 20 November 2012 09:05 AM

No one makes anything new for Aiko3 anymore. :(

And it’s a damn shame. :(

Signature 

Gone.

Posted: 20 November 2012 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2005-08-25

i just wait before i buy more…

genesis upgrade is very great idea, finally some change in good direction.
i lost money on ds4 pro, lost money on ds3 avanced (was fun but unfinished).
programs that daz gave away for nothing.
some people spent real $$$ on this.

now,
i still wait for a real pro version of studio for all the users that would move pro.
not the ds4 or 4.5 beta that ‘s free available now.
some people here at least earn a very cheap upgrade to this upcoming pro version with included printable pdf manual…
all people that have paid for ds4 pro at launch date and didn’t go for a refunds,
when daz give it for free away.
would be invited to attend…

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 20 November 2012 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  135
Joined  2003-10-09

It’s not just you. The new store is such a drag.

I am really amazed that DAZ does not fix the item history problem.  It’s a huge pain, and has got to be impacting their sales.

And yeah, the way PC coupons work now it just horrible.  Just doesn’t seem worth it any more.

Posted: 20 November 2012 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16

The recent sales have been very helpful for me in regards to patience with some of the challenges. I also like that I can count on a certain quality and a good return policy from DAZ.

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 20 November 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04
Gedd - 20 November 2012 04:04 PM

The recent sales have been very helpful for me in regards to patience with some of the challenges. I also like that I can count on a certain quality and a good return policy from DAZ.

I certainly agree with that. Daz’s customer care, IMHO, is way above everyone else. Two months ago Renderosity screwed me out of $5.50 and basically said to me too bad. They had a 16% off coupon one day , so I purchased all that I could spend at that time. Then the next day they had a 26% coupon which would have saved me around $5.50. Daz would have given me store credit immediately. Rendo told me that is the way it works and there is nothing they can do. I averaged over $100 a month spending there but I haven’t purchased anything from them since. Their loss over a measly $5.50.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 20 November 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2003-10-09
Gedd - 20 November 2012 04:04 PM

I think it’s all the really good things about DAZ that have made people so upset about the changes and glitches. If it was just any old company nobody would bother much. Coming from the UK, especially the south, where good customer service is like hens’ teeth it is very refreshing. I’ve only had a few problems but they were easily and quickly dealt with.

I’m quite surprised how much I have been getting lately. Good deals on M5 and V5, Decimator to make background figures and a number of useful things in the PC anniversary that I wouldn’t have bought at full price as I only wanted parts of the set. I’ve just forced myself to let a Jack Tomalin set pass by as I can’t justify the cost at present - maybe next year…

Signature 

Freebies

Posted: 20 November 2012 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16
Baglet - 20 November 2012 04:54 PM

.. like hens’ teeth ...

Learned something new, our hens don’t have teeth, that’s too cool. Post a pic smile

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2012 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  252
Joined  2008-08-09

Instead of making everything compatible.  DAZ is making everything incompatible.  Can you use these morphs with this figure?  I don’t know.  Will this work in Poser?  I don’t know.  Will this texture fit this figure?  I don’t know.  This dynamic cloth will work in this program, but not in this other program, that needs a different kind of dynamic cloth, and will it work in Carrara - who knows?  Can you import this Genesis into Poser then into Vue?  Who knows?  Do you need 5 different versions of every figure?  It seems so.  Only the clothes for that old figure won’t fit this new figure, and it won’t work in DAZ Studio because it’s the wrong kind of dynamic cloth.  This Genesis figure, that you can import into Poser - can you import all the morphs and get them to work in poser?  Or do you need some other kind of morphs?  Who knows?

They’ve made everything so unbelievably confusing that I’m paralyzed when it comes to buying anything new.  All I’m buying are products for which there is no question in my mind will work with no problems with what I already have - and that excludes almost everything made for Genesis and Daz Studio.  Every time some product is released for Genesis that I like and want, I get angry because I don’t know if it’ll work with what I already have.  So I don’t buy it.

Like - stop the insanity already.  Just stop making things incompatible.  Make everything work with everything else (within reason).  Make that your business.  To make things that work together.  Instead of making things that don’t work together.  If you’re going to sell a hair model, make the thing fit every DAZ figure.  If you’re going to make a piece of clothing, find some way to make it fit every DAZ figure regardless of what software someone is using.  Make processes 1 step, instead of having to take 6 steps just to use something.  Make what you sell simple to use.  And versatile.  Simple and versatile.  Make shopping simple.  Make finding things in the store and in the forums simple.  Don’t think about selling 3D software and content, think about selling simpllicity and versatility.  People want to buy siplicity and versatility.  They don’t want to buy complicated and limited.  People are doing this because it is suppose to be fun.  Not a frustrating, aggravating ordeal.

Posted: 20 November 2012 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  932
Joined  2006-06-12

I agree. It’s not just you.
I haven’t been spending nearly as much here in the new store. Rendo has been getting more of my money (when I spend).
The broken marketplace doesn’t help. I’m a Carrara 7Pro user and am not upgrading to anything just to use Genesis. A lot of good stuff still comes out for Gen4, just have to look for it.
This past PC Club sale was a major downer. The new sale may be working great for some. I do see some quality items. I have been sitting this one out for the most part.
I have still yet to use my coupon (which is more of a chore than a joy), but I hate to let them expire, so I just get something.
Maybe things will rebound.

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

Posted: 20 November 2012 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8373
Joined  2007-11-06
Fauvist - 20 November 2012 07:06 PM

Instead of making everything compatible.  DAZ is making everything incompatible.  Can you use these morphs with this figure?  I don’t know.  Will this work in Poser?  I don’t know.  Will this texture fit this figure?  I don’t know.  This dynamic cloth will work in this program, but not in this other program, that needs a different kind of dynamic cloth, and will it work in Carrara - who knows?  Can you import this Genesis into Poser then into Vue?  Who knows?  Do you need 5 different versions of every figure?  It seems so.  Only the clothes for that old figure won’t fit this new figure, and it won’t work in DAZ Studio because it’s the wrong kind of dynamic cloth.  This Genesis figure, that you can import into Poser - can you import all the morphs and get them to work in poser?  Or do you need some other kind of morphs?  Who knows?

They’ve made everything so unbelievably confusing that I’m paralyzed when it comes to buying anything new.  All I’m buying are products for which there is no question in my mind will work with no problems with what I already have - and that excludes almost everything made for Genesis and Daz Studio.  Every time some product is released for Genesis that I like and want, I get angry because I don’t know if it’ll work with what I already have.  So I don’t buy it.

Like - stop the insanity already.  Just stop making things incompatible.  Make everything work with everything else (within reason).  Make that your business.  To make things that work together.  Instead of making things that don’t work together.  If you’re going to sell a hair model, make the thing fit every DAZ figure.  If you’re going to make a piece of clothing, find some way to make it fit every DAZ figure regardless of what software someone is using.  Make processes 1 step, instead of having to take 6 steps just to use something.  Make what you sell simple to use.  And versatile.  Simple and versatile.  Make shopping simple.  Make finding things in the store and in the forums simple.  Don’t think about selling 3D software and content, think about selling simpllicity and versatility.  People want to buy siplicity and versatility.  They don’t want to buy complicated and limited.  People are doing this because it is suppose to be fun.  Not a frustrating, aggravating ordeal.

The problem is not less compatibility, but more compatibility.  It used to be:  these morphs work only with one figure, this clothing works only with one figure, etc.  (unless you use a conversion program, of course.)  Now DAZ 3D has created the possibility to use lots more older items with newer figures than ever before.  Personally, while it would be nice if things were clearer (not that confusing product requirements are new with Genesis, but I agree it’s become harder to keep everything straight), I think “maybe” is still preferable to a blanket “no.”

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 20 November 2012 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  252
Joined  2008-08-09
fixmypcmike - 20 November 2012 10:11 PM

I think “maybe” is still preferable to a blanket “no.”

That’s a very expensive “maybe”, and not just monetarily.

Posted: 21 November 2012 05:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3307
Joined  2009-08-05

I still buy if I see something I like. HOWEVER, my account is a damn mess. Duplicate items everywhere. My wishlist has the same issue. Would be nice If I could arrange items by price, or view items only on special. There needs to be more structure. It is actually unpleasant going through it all and actually puts me off purchasing a bit. It’s like I am hesitant to enter my account, cause I can never find anything. Don’t get me started on product updates..dear Lord..

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 21 November 2012 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2003-10-09
Gedd - 20 November 2012 04:57 PM
Baglet - 20 November 2012 04:54 PM

.. like hens’ teeth ...

Learned something new, our hens don’t have teeth, that’s too cool. Post a pic smile

I think the hens next door are safe but I’m not sure about the ones a couple of streets down. I’ve only heard them clucking behind a tall fence so they may have teeth.

Signature 

Freebies

3 of 14