Digital Art Zone

2 of 14
Is it just me… I just don’t spend my money at Daz anymore
Posted: 19 November 2012 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9854
Joined  2005-10-07

i haz weakness for A3 stuff.  and i still buy M4 stuff.  and tempted by nice scenery stuff.  and if it’s a great sale price, i might buy in case of future need.

the sale at rdna has completely tapped me out this month. 

Signature 

°  °   °   °   °   °
DSP4.6.2.118 Valentina Luxus ManualD/L C85P PP12 W3d99.5

Posted: 19 November 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2003-10-09
Pendraia - 19 November 2012 03:28 AM
SereneNight - 18 November 2012 06:46 PM

Genesis is huge for me. I really don’t want any of the older stuff anymore. =-)

Ditto…don’t shop at the other places much anymore as they don’t have a lot for Genesis. Occasionally at Rendo but that is it.

Same here. DAZ is the shop I check daily and rendo only every now and then. And I spend a lot of money here… wink

Signature 

Erdehel’s deviantart page

Posted: 19 November 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  451
Joined  2006-12-31

I used to spend 30-50 $ a month here, but since the launch of the “new and improved” site I think I’ve spent no more the 10 $ in total.
Also, I didn’t renew my Platinum Club Membership because the new coupon system that can’t be used on PA items.
Shopping here isn’t fun anymore, I don’t know if I already have the item, I have to figure out what file I need to download, I don’t know if it requires DS4.5 or I can use it in previous versions. There were other problems with the store software, like the cart not working or the downloads not appearing in the account, that I think (and hope) are now solved, nonetheless when I add something to the cart I find myself thinking “what will go wrong this time?”. No, it isn’t fun anymore…
(Apologies for my bad english, I hope that what I wrote makes some sense smile )

Posted: 19 November 2012 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  557
Joined  2004-11-04

Cheaper here then what I used to spend at Turbo Squid o.O

Signature 

DZ FIRE’S
MASTER MODELS

Click HERE to get started.
Facebook

Posted: 19 November 2012 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  224
Joined  2011-10-02
Misty Whisky - 19 November 2012 07:47 AM

i haz weakness for A3 stuff. 

Me too!

Posted: 19 November 2012 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5102
Joined  2005-04-16
DzFire - 19 November 2012 04:20 PM

Well, that’s not difficult to do!  LOL  Even Stonemason’s stuff is cheaper than that!  LOL 

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 19 November 2012 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5102
Joined  2005-04-16
Taozen - 19 November 2012 04:02 AM

...doesn’t include bundles yet, but I’m working on it.

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

Way cool!  Be sure to make a big announcement when that happens.  I hope your server can handle all the download hits it will get at that time!  grin 

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 19 November 2012 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2005-07-17

I for sure have reduced what I’m spending.  I have trouble finding anything I want to use my monthly coupon on, mainly because I pretty much have the DAZ Originals I want.  Years ago I learned never to buy anything from Sears unless it was on sale, since everything eventually went on sale, and I think that’s how I’m looking at DAZ now. And I agree that the new store is not as fun as the old, but I’m not sure why, since I think it is better organized and allows more filtering.  The main thing I use this website for seems to be reading the forums! Unless something changes drastically, I am not planning on renewing my PC membership when it expires in March.

Posted: 19 November 2012 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2011-09-11

Even with my reduced spend I get burned on at least one item with every purchae.

I find it amazing that DAZ would let a vendor sell a “skin resource” kit that has an 810k file for the head/face texture, now i was not expecting 60mb PSD’s to work with but an 810k near pixilated file as a source for new skin textures is next to useless.

“SKIN RESOURCE” Texture

Sensual Skin Resource for V5:
face: 810k
limbs: 816k

Sample END USER textures

M5PhillipFace: 3,041k
M5PhillipLimbs: 4,835k

V5BreeHead3M: 2,907k
V5BreeLimbsM: 3857k

SP5_Michelle: 5,390k
SP5_MichelleL: 4,449k

Posted: 19 November 2012 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  394
Joined  2005-08-23

I’m spending a lot less for a lot of reasons—one being simply that I need to spend less. raspberry But yeah, I find a lot of my business going to Rendo and RDNA these days. That said, I did just spend $18 at DAZ, so it’s not like I’m not spending here or boycotting DAZ or anything. The new site and a lack of interest in Genesis*, as you said, are a lot of why I’m shopping elsewhere.

*I have spent a little money on Genesis since it’s been Poserized, but I have a large content for Gen4 and Gen4 just fits my workflow better.

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 19 November 2012 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2008-07-29

It wasn’t long after ds4 came out and the vendors started to drift rapidly to the new shiny that I stopped to look, weigh cost against benefit, and the PC lost big And, I have never visited the new store so I won’t comment on that.  I don’t feel the need to go looking for clothing through a ton of things I won’t use, so PW has become even more important to me.  But I’d guess in the last three months, maybe more, my expenditures at DAZ has totaled zero. 

So, no, you’re not alone.

D.

Posted: 20 November 2012 01:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1641
Joined  2008-05-31
DanaTA - 19 November 2012 05:49 PM

...doesn’t include bundles yet, but I’m working on it.

Way cool!  Be sure to make a big announcement when that happens.  I hope your server can handle all the download hits it will get at that time!  grin 

Dana

For current users of the program it will come as an auto-update. smile

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 20 November 2012 01:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1641
Joined  2008-05-31
DzFire - 19 November 2012 04:20 PM

Definitely. But when people have become used to a certain price level, anything above that becomes “too expensive”. All is relative.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 20 November 2012 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2003-10-09

You can use this to search your history, it can also check for duplicate purchases (doesn’t include bundles yet, but I’m working on it).

It’s for Windows, but there is also a version (not available on the download page yet) that will run on a Mac if you’re using Wine or CrossOver. 

It’s good that there is a work-around available and I’m sure it comes in very handy.

However, it’s like General Motors selling cars without window glass, under the reasoning that “they’re not essential and besides you can cut a piece of plexiglass and wedge it into the hole” 8-o

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 20 November 2012 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

Not just you. Since the release of studio 4 and genesis my shopping at DAZ has dropped to 0. I used to spend a couple of hundred a year; all I could afford to. I used to save money for the for the October sales, where I usually spend 1/2 of what I spent at DAZ in a year. But DAZ is selling very little I need now.

I’m not a big fan of genesis, and even if I was with auto fit and well stocked runtimes I don’t need to buy clothes. And that is just it, I have well stocked runtimes, tons of stuff I haven’t used. Right now there is only 1 thing I think I need but I am not spending $60 just to find out if it will solve an issue. I uninstalled studio 4 weeks ago, just wont do what I need it to, and could do in studio 3. If it still worked I’d probably be buying every bit of dynamic clothes that came up on sale.

As it stands I am just reworking old scenes I never finished because I got wrapped up in the DS-carrara dynamic clothing.

2 of 14