Digital Art Zone

Missing classes in DazScript?
Posted: 18 November 2012 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

I believe those items, particularly DzPolyMesh have been deprecated/removed/renamed…are you sure you are referring to the 4.5 docs?

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 18 November 2012 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2010-09-22

Looks like you’re right.  I couldn’t find a set of docs for DazScript in 4.5 so I’m using the ones from DS 3. 

Some of those classes still exist in the 4.5 SDK, however it seems their constructors are protected.  I’m able to instantiate the needed subclass just fine though. 

Thanks

Posted: 18 November 2012 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13610
Joined  2003-10-09

DzSkeleton is a virtual “class” (remember that they aren’t officially described as classes in script, but as objects) - in DS4 the real figures you can create are either DzFigure (TriAx) or DzLegacyFigure (Poser figure). Those inherit DzSkeleton, but you can’t create a plain DzSkeleton as such. I think the same is true of the other objects you mention - they are containers for derivative objects which you can create, but not creatable items in their own right.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 22 January 2013 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2003-10-09

Possibly related to the subject of this thread:

I’ve been trying to put together a prototype for a small utility.  Doing this as a script seemed like the easiest way to try different things and get something running quickly; however, I’ve hit a snag.  While trying to retrieve the URI associated with a DzFacetMesh object, I received the following error message:

Script ErrorLine 101
TypeError
cannot call getUri(): unknown return type `DzUri' (register the type with qScriptRegisterMetaType()) 

As far as I can tell, the type hasn’t been registered with the scripting engine.  Is this an isolated bug, or are there known holes in the 4.5 script API that aren’t being actively supported?  Thanks.