Reby Sky Elite Issue

DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 55
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I FINALLY managed to get the Reby Sky Elite yesterday and I am having a problem right off. I hope someone can help me.

I am using her in Poser 2012. She loads up fine and all but when I render her, I get a seam on her thighs at about the point where thigh high stocking would be. It's as though the skin textures are not blended properly, but I know she has been out long enough that if this were an error in the product it would have been fixed by now.

Anyone have any idea what my problem is?

Thanks for any help. : )

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 19,332
    edited December 1969

Try using a higher quality preset in render Options, or if you are using a manual setting lower the Shading Rate or raise the maximum texture size.

• DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 55
    edited November 2012

Thanks Richard. I will try that.

As an update ... I decided to try an experiment while awaiting a reply to this. I used the free EZ Skin SSS conversion tool and made the Reby Sky textures SSS. Then when I render I got no lines. She renders great this way. Interesting.

Post edited by DarkElf on
  • MedzinMedzin Posts: 293
    edited December 1969

On the Elite textures, you need to have texture filtering set to "Crisp" or "None" to render proper.
    SnarlyGribbly's EZskin or SceneFixer will both take care of this if using that option

edited December 1969

Try using a higher quality preset in render Options, or if you are using a manual setting lower the Shading Rate or raise the maximum texture size.

I re-applied the textures and rendered at maximum quality and the lines were gone. Thanks for that Richard. I don't recall seeing that issue before. Is this just because this is an elite texture?

edited December 1969

Medzin said:
    On the Elite textures, you need to have texture filtering set to "Crisp" or "None" to render proper.
    SnarlyGribbly's EZskin or SceneFixer will both take care of this if using that option

Oh yes ... SnarlyGribbly. That's the name. I couldn't recall it before. Thanks for that.

I don't see a "texture filtering" setting in my render options in Poser Pro 2012.

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 293
    edited December 1969

MrEstey said:
    Medzin said:

Oh yes ... SnarlyGribbly. That's the name. I couldn't recall it before. Thanks for that.

I don't see a "texture filtering" setting in my render options in Poser Pro 2012.

texture filtering is not a render option, it is a material option (done on node by node basis) in the material room.
    Both of Snarly's programs I mentioned have an option for setting texture filtering in the main page

edited December 1969

Medzin said:
    MrEstey said:
    Medzin said:

texture filtering is not a render option, it is a material option (done on node by node basis) in the material room.
    Both of Snarly's programs I mentioned have an option for setting texture filtering in the main page

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh! Gotchya. ; ) Thanks again.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

I know this is three years+ later from the original questions and posts, but I was playing around with Reby Sky Elite today and kept running into the seam problem on the thighs and calves. Finding this thread was very helpful. I just went into the material room and changed the filter node on the main texture for the skinleg and hip to crisp. That fixed the seam problem. Now oneday mayby when I have time a I will go back and change all the nodes to crisp and resave the material file. Hope I remeber this next time I'm rendering away with Reby.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 7,185
    edited December 1969

wscottart said:
    I know this is three years+ later from the original questions and posts, but I was playing around with Reby Sky Elite today and kept running into the seam problem on the thighs and calves. Finding this thread was very helpful. I just went into the material room and changed the filter node on the main texture for the skinleg and hip to crisp. That fixed the seam problem. Now oneday mayby when I have time a I will go back and change all the nodes to crisp and resave the material file. Hope I remeber this next time I'm rendering away with Reby.

Or just grab the free scenefixer from Snarlygribbly - and do it in one batch ...
    http://snarlygribbly.org/3d/forum/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=c9339fbe89999665da0d53b1a149c1d5

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,444
    edited December 1969

Lowering the min shading rate in the render settings is another fix.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Or just grab the free scenefixer from Snarlygribbly - and do it in one batch ...
    http://snarlygribbly.org/3d/forum/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=c9339fbe89999665da0d53b1a149c1d5

Awesome, I'm running Macosx10.10.2 and Poser Pro 2014, and that script worked very nicely. Thank you! Looks like lots of other powerpacked stuff in the scenefixer as well.