Digital Art Zone

53 of 100
Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?
Posted: 11 November 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 781 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  780
Joined  2006-06-12
Kyoto Kid - 11 November 2012 01:10 PM

...I wonder if FF is in the process of being upgraded.  Used to be available through Rendo but don’t see it there anymore either.

They had a banner at Rendo, but so long as I’ve been using it, it’s never been for sale there.

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 11 November 2012 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 782 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  241
Joined  2008-12-31
nekollx - 11 November 2012 01:46 PM
Isikol - 11 November 2012 01:42 PM
nekollx - 10 November 2012 12:17 PM

is that a reimagine of Wondie vs Supes from the Hades arc of Justice League?

Im not familiar with the series..nope its just a commission for a friend! It was his idea the concept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNXwWHzSWv0

I see thanks!

Signature 

ISIKOL AT DEVIANTART

Posted: 11 November 2012 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 783 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2006-04-13

So anyone have a idea how to recreate these guys?

http://www.rangercentral.com/database/2011_samurai/prs-rg-jayden.htm

It seems to be for most cases any body suit would work for the males, the females i think the morphing fantasy dress tunic would work. But any thoughts for the helmets and weapons?

Also! With all the power that is genisis i know there is man beast basically turning genisis into a quadreped http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-man-wolf but is it only wolves are their other animals, like say cats it can do. Curious how many forms Beast Boy could be done with just Genisis morphs

Posted: 11 November 2012 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 784 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12
RAMWolff - 11 November 2012 09:36 AM
Joequick - 10 November 2012 04:57 PM
RAMWolff - 10 November 2012 04:29 PM

Love the work Joe.  How do you finish?  I see the render and then the more color artsy finished piece below it.  Very nice.  Photoshop? 

Nice renders there Isikol!

It’s just a sequence of filterforge filters.  I used one called dreamy which added a dreamy blur around all the lightest ares, i used one called vibrance which made everything a little bit more vibrant, i used a photo one that added a slight grain to it and adjusted the colors some, then i used an “hdri” one with exaggerates the color differences.  to do the background I just magic wanded it and used a filterforge filter called sketchypaint.

I was trying to give it a 90’s trapper-keeper kind of pizazz.

Oh My GOD… this program (Filter Forge) has come a LONG LONG way.  I’ll be purchasing when they get the site back up and running.  Found Dreamy and Vibrance but the HDRI, Grain and Sketchypaint was not there.  Thanks for the heads up on this Joe.  This is yummy!

Once the site is back up you’ll have access to hundreds of other filters.  I bought it originally with texturing in mind and was pleasantly suprised with the quick options it provides for post work.  But Raph’s sai for example.  I made the low poly mesh with zspheres, added some edgeloops to help define the handle and the knob at the end, polypainted it, and then subdivided the bejesus out of it and used a couple of filterforge textures in zbrushes surface tab to create the displacement maps for the metal and wood parts.

Image Attachments
SaiStudio.jpgScratchedMetal.jpgWoodBump.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 11 November 2012 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 785 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12

and the turtle skin was polypainted using zbrush spotlight and a grassy moss texture generated in filterforge, killershark’s skin was polypainted the same way.

Image Attachments
TurtleSkinDiff.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 11 November 2012 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 786 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4592
Joined  2004-08-11

OMG.. I love that green texture.  May I??

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 11 November 2012 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 787 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12
RAMWolff - 11 November 2012 08:37 PM

OMG.. I love that green texture.  May I??

Filterforge made it more than I did, no point saying no.

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 11 November 2012 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 788 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Well thank you though!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 11 November 2012 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 789 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-11-05

Thanks Ramwolf and Rkane

Posted: 11 November 2012 11:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 790 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12

Before switching to DS4.5 I’d been a Poser 7 user.  I bought 9 this evening, taking advantage of their pre-blackfriday deal.  My intent was just to use it for doing cloth sims on genesis products (up until this point I’d been using a “genesis” morph for V4 to approximate the shape). Still, I decided to do a quick render of Killer Shark (using the default poser lights no less), and I’ve got to say it turned out alright.  Makes me want to go hunt down my favorite light sets and see how they turn out.

Image Attachments
killershark3.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 12 November 2012 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 791 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Question for Joe…

Filter Forge website is back up and running.. the Filters page is still a mess but the rest seems good. 

So my question… What version did you purchase? 

Thanks sir!

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Also, a heads up on a little freebie that I’ve had for a while and forgot just how fabulous it is..

http://sinapsasoftware.net/simblender/simblender.htm

It will take two images and blend them together.  What ever algorithms they have in there it works very well.  The Blend works really well.  The Collate options.. not sure about those.  I was quite surprised at how well this little program works.  Now a note, try to make sure both your backgrounds or tiles are the same size or close so you get a better blend.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 12 November 2012 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 792 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12

I bought the pro version because it breaks things down into bump, normal, diffuse and specular maps.  I primarily use the program for texturing. If you’re just going to use it for postwork you can get by on far less.

RAMWolff - 12 November 2012 11:10 AM

Question for Joe…

Filter Forge website is back up and running.. the Filters page is still a mess but the rest seems good. 

So my question… What version did you purchase? 

Thanks sir!

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Also, a heads up on a little freebie that I’ve had for a while and forgot just how fabulous it is..

http://sinapsasoftware.net/simblender/simblender.htm

It will take two images and blend them together.  What ever algorithms they have in there it works very well.  The Blend works really well.  The Collate options.. not sure about those.  I was quite surprised at how well this little program works.  Now a note, try to make sure both your backgrounds or tiles are the same size or close so you get a better blend.

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 12 November 2012 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 793 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Are their ways to make good skins, humanoid?  I’m leaning towards the Pro version too but need your input on it since it’s a chunk of change!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 12 November 2012 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 794 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12

With whatever you’re doing, you’re going to need to use another program as an intermediary step.  Depending on your goals, you could probably get away with one of the less expensive versions, especially if you’ve got human skin in mind.

If you do a search on filterforge for skin, you’ll get some options.  What I would do is take one of those,  make a 1000px or 2000px tile, load that into spotlight in zbrush, and then polypaint it (using the pen brush)  onto a figure (genesis) that’s been subdivided up to about 15 million vertices. Now you’ve got something that has a somewhat realistic skin base.  I’d then just use the zbrush surface tab to add noise to that skin and generate my skin texture and bump maps from that. You’d then have to go back and add nipples and belly buttons and things in photoshop.

Where I’ve used the bump maps from filter forge are things like adding details to the turtles bodies, their shells and their weapons.  Muck’s textures are also based on bump maps from filterforge, and filterforge bump maps play a big role in the metal materials included with my cyberarm and banded metal bodysuit.

For things like Muck, I didn’t use the surface tab in zbrush, but rather took the bump map from filter forge into photoshop and made a brush from it like what’s attached below, and then used that brush as a drag direct standard brush in zbrush to sculpt in detail to a high poly mesh which I then created a displacement/bump map from.

Image Attachments
CraterBrush.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 12 November 2012 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 795 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Ah… thanks. 

Another issue has cropped up for me.  I’m on Windows 8 now…. so heads up on that.  GoZ does not function.  There is a “Scripts” folder in the Users/Public/Pixologic/GoZBrush folder apparently.  This is MIA… Just used GoZ 2 weeks ago for fixing up a couple of morphs so not sure what’s gone wrong.  I did look in the Windows.old folder just now but there is nothing from Pixologic in there, just older Windows stuff.  Can you check to see if you have a Scripts folder in the location mentioned?

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

53 of 100