Digital Art Zone

46 of 100
Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?
Posted: 01 November 2012 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 676 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  418
Joined  2004-08-23

Sweet Shark, I see you have the DSON Core installer!!! YEAA!!!!! I’ll get him this weekend. Can you add that to the Muck one too?

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 677 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  442
Joined  2003-10-09

I know this isnt the Jack Kirby version but it looks very similar to it for photo references…

http://insidepulse.com/2012/10/13/nycc-2012-cliff-chiangs-new-god-orion-redesign-released-for-brian-azzarellos-wonder-woman-dc-comics-new-52-title/

David

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 678 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  442
Joined  2003-10-09

And here’s the Jack Kirby version…

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uKUJj9VMJpA/Rup12gkhbZI/AAAAAAAAAYc/dZoRZABbleI/s320/Orion.bmp

Posted: 01 November 2012 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 679 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  232
Joined  2003-10-09

BTW, Joe, where are the ripped pants from that you’re using in your Shark Man renders?

Posted: 01 November 2012 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 680 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  785
Joined  2006-06-12
SmallFry - 01 November 2012 09:59 AM

BTW, Joe, where are the ripped pants from that you’re using in your Shark Man renders?

Mr Hyde

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 01 November 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 681 ]
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2006-06-10

I decided to update my M4 Superman while I took a break from trying to troubleshoot DSON, and this is the result.  The look is deliberately classic, ‘cause quite frankly, the latest rendition of the suit is just a big eyesore for me.  I was never really fond of Singer’s version (the codpiece rode too low, for starters) but after seeing what DC and Snyder have cooked up for “Man of Steel,” I was ready to beg the Powers That Be to bring Singer back!  I especially can’t stand the new S-crest!  One of the most iconic emblems in the world, and they still feel the need to “fix” something that was far from broken in the first place!  And no John Williams theme music?  I’m sorry, but that tune has become an integral part of the character by now!

So, in a way, this is as much for protest as it is for fun, LOL!  All ranting aside, I may yet give “Man of Steel” a chance.  It looks like the writing could be good, if I can manage to look past the aesthetic blasphemies.

Image Attachments
Superman5Mini.jpg

Posted: 01 November 2012 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 682 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

Classic Supes is the best!  He looks great!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 01 November 2012 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 683 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2005-07-29

Niiiiiiiiiiiice…. any chance of getting that in Genesis? *whimper begging noises*

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 01 November 2012 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 684 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

That reminds me… Joe, is your new supper suit for Genesis mapped similarly to your Mach suit you did for M4??  If so getting Marvel and Lightening Lad over will be easy peasy.  I have Chameleon Boy’s skin textures about 80% done and doing a 2nd skin for him as well but need boots that have the point up in the front.  Had to redo the antennae ... somehow the transfer from M4 to Genesis failed but did that using DS 4.0.  Seems OK redone in 4.5.  Vest is .... not to my liking.  Need to take that into ZB and zoop it up some more now that I have a better idea of what I’m doing.  Want it to look like a mixture of Cockrum’s Cham and James Sherman’s Cham.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 01 November 2012 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 685 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12
RAMWolff - 01 November 2012 06:07 PM

That reminds me… Joe, is your new supper suit for Genesis mapped similarly to your Mach suit you did for M4??  If so getting Marvel and Lightening Lad over will be easy peasy.  I have Chameleon Boy’s skin textures about 80% done and doing a 2nd skin for him as well but need boots that have the point up in the front.  Had to redo the antennae ... somehow the transfer from M4 to Genesis failed but did that using DS 4.0.  Seems OK redone in 4.5.  Vest is .... not to my liking.  Need to take that into ZB and zoop it up some more now that I have a better idea of what I’m doing.  Want it to look like a mixture of Cockrum’s Cham and James Sherman’s Cham.

It’s a different mesh.  The seams are in about the same place.  But they’re different meshes, they’re not going to have the same uv map.

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 01 November 2012 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 686 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12

Belt, knee pads and revised mask.  The belt is inflated due to a push modifier.  It’s two sided and the back was pushing through the front where it was colliding with the rear shell.  I may go back and turn it into a one sided mesh.

Image Attachments
Raph2.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 01 November 2012 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 687 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Looks really good. 

and thanks for the info on the suits.  I figured as much but every so often things line up .... oh well!  lol

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 01 November 2012 11:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 688 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  669
Joined  2007-05-26

Landshark:  knock,knock.  “Candygram!”——— (am I showing my age)

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 02 November 2012 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 689 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1069
Joined  2006-04-16
Gregorius - 01 November 2012 03:28 PM

I decided to update my M4 Superman while I took a break from trying to troubleshoot DSON, and this is the result.  The look is deliberately classic, ‘cause quite frankly, the latest rendition of the suit is just a big eyesore for me.  I was never really fond of Singer’s version (the codpiece rode too low, for starters) but after seeing what DC and Snyder have cooked up for “Man of Steel,” I was ready to beg the Powers That Be to bring Singer back!  I especially can’t stand the new S-crest!  One of the most iconic emblems in the world, and they still feel the need to “fix” something that was far from broken in the first place!  And no John Williams theme music?  I’m sorry, but that tune has become an integral part of the character by now!

So, in a way, this is as much for protest as it is for fun, LOL!  All ranting aside, I may yet give “Man of Steel” a chance.  It looks like the writing could be good, if I can manage to look past the aesthetic blasphemies.

Great looking Superman you have there. smile

I agree with everything you’ve said. Hate the S shield they “fixed” in the 2013 movie. It looks a whole lot like the one Superman of Earth-2 wears and I always hated that one!

As for watching the movie itself…I won’t touch it with a ten foot pole. In interviews, Synder said a significant portion of the film will be of a war torn Krypton. Then we have Jonathan and Martha Kent in the movie, which means another origins movie on top of that. Is there going to be room enough for us fans to FINALLY see Superman throw a punch? Yeah…but probably only a 1 minute boss battle in the end, which is a serious turn off and the failure of some movies now-a-days (i.e. Iron Man 2, Thor). Which is beginning to become more and more common. We don’t need another origins film, everyone knows Superman’s origin and we don’t need a recycled villian from a former movie and we most certainly don’t need to see a story about a war torn Krypton. Not interested in that.

And don’t get me started on a recycled villian….again…namely Zod….

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 02 November 2012 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 690 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1069
Joined  2006-04-16

*Shrugs*

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

46 of 100