Digital Art Zone

42 of 100
Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?
Posted: 21 October 2012 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 616 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  785
Joined  2006-06-12
RAMWolff - 21 October 2012 08:06 PM

Question Joe… do you do full on textures in ZBrush or mostly just the morphs?  I know that’s probably a silly question since you just got through with your mini tutorial but one thing that is perplexing me… working on getting Bruno’s skin, I’m about 90% there, very happy with the tones and some of the details but ... is there a way to keep a texture loaded but ‘tint’ it within ZBrush so I can keep with using the detail from the texture?  I’ve tried just about every idea from using the alpha brushes (which didn’t do squat for what I was after).  With all the great works that come out of ZBrush I’m sure there is a way but I just can’t figure it out.  Watched a multitude of tutorials today and none of them touched on that.

I’ll adjust colors in photoshop using gradient maps or variations.  Whatever you do, you have to do to all three maps, otherwise you’ll get seams.

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 21 October 2012 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 617 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4727
Joined  2004-08-11

Yea, I figured that PS was the solution but seems there should be a way in ZB considering all that it CAN already do!  lol Thanks! grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 21 October 2012 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 618 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  307
Joined  2011-01-22

Just got around to purchasing Smay’s new zombie textures.  So far loving it, I turned Mr. Hyde into a zombie hulk smile

Next after this is definitely a resident evil render I think.

Image Attachments
Avengers_Assemble1.jpg

Posted: 22 October 2012 04:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 619 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  387
Joined  2012-02-05
RKane_1 - 21 October 2012 06:31 PM

After looking at Joe’s, I decided to up the size of the feet and hands but it looks a little off still to me.

I think this is on the right track. Maybe bigger arms, lats, and pecs. A wider waist and thighs might also be in order for Benjy Grimm. Thicker fingers, too. Is there a morph available to give him just 4 fingers and toes?

Signature 

Follow the exploits of SERVANT in this digital comic series! The First Issue is Free to Download!
or as a webcomic at http://servant.thecomicseries.com/

Check out my Deviantart Gallery, Facebook page, and over at the DAZ Art Studio.

Posted: 22 October 2012 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 620 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-22

Just out of curiosity (I’m assuming this is the right thread to ask)... But does anyone know where to find a decent mask that resembles the classic hawkeye mask?

I remember seeing one, but I don’t exactly recall from where :-S

Posted: 22 October 2012 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 621 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1069
Joined  2006-04-16

The only masks I can think of that even remotely look like Hawkeye’s are some of the masks for V4 (which can be refitted to anyone) in JoeQuick’s freestuff in his ShareCG gallery. You could also try Heromorph download section. See if they have one.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! :)

Posted: 22 October 2012 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 622 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  785
Joined  2006-06-12
Cagnazzo82 - 21 October 2012 11:41 PM

Just got around to purchasing Smay’s new zombie textures.  So far loving it, I turned Mr. Hyde into a zombie hulk smile

Interesting takes on Cap, Vision and Thor.  Your whole render also looks very illustrative.  You’ve done a good job getting the disparate textures and elements to all look a uniform style.

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 22 October 2012 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 623 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  791
Joined  2006-10-07

Just got around to buying your Superhero pack for M4 and I have to say it is pretty damn awesome! Just been playing with it right now so I do not have anything worth showing yet. Did I see somewhere where you are doing an expansion pack for this and a V4 set as well, or am I just wishing I saw it?

Signature 

“When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality.”  “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” —Thomas Jefferson.

Posted: 23 October 2012 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 624 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

I could have swore I saw him making an expansion pack too. So far, he has only made some Super-Hero goodies for Golden Age Heroes in his freebies at ShareCG.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 23 October 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 625 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  791
Joined  2006-10-07
Knight22179 - 23 October 2012 08:42 AM

I could have swore I saw him making an expansion pack too. So far, he has only made some Super-Hero goodies for Golden Age Heroes in his freebies at ShareCG.

Yeah I grabbed all of those when I heard about ShareCG, since I had plans on grabbing this set and I couldn’t stand them being in my runtime with nothing to go with it. I am going to hve to break down and make something soon. Might have to try out a Punisher costume, or maybe a Deadpool.

Signature 

“When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality.”  “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” —Thomas Jefferson.

Posted: 23 October 2012 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 626 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-22
Joequick - 22 October 2012 09:32 PM

Just got around to purchasing Smay’s new zombie textures.  So far loving it, I turned Mr. Hyde into a zombie hulk :)

Interesting takes on Cap, Vision and Thor.  Your whole render also looks very illustrative.  You’ve done a good job getting the disparate textures and elements to all look a uniform style.

Thanks.

I’ve been experimenting with the Cap design for a little while now, so I’ve been jumping around with him.

Thor is influenced from the movies, and this version of Vision comes from an old, old arcade game I used to play at the mall in my area.

Does anyone still remember it?
http://gamesdbase.com/game/arcade/captain-america-and-the-avengers.aspx

Total classic.

Knight22179 - 22 October 2012 10:14 AM

The only masks I can think of that even remotely look like Hawkeye’s are some of the masks for V4 (which can be refitted to anyone) in JoeQuick’s freestuff in his ShareCG gallery. You could also try Heromorph download section. See if they have one.

Thanks for the help. I think I’ve come up with a couple ideas for Hawkeye ^_^

Posted: 23 October 2012 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 627 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  387
Joined  2012-02-05
Cagnazzo82 - 23 October 2012 10:05 AM

Thanks.

I’ve been experimenting with the Cap design for a little while now, so I’ve been jumping around with him.

Thor is influenced from the movies, and this version of Vision comes from an old, old arcade game I used to play at the mall in my area.

Does anyone still remember it?
http://gamesdbase.com/game/arcade/captain-america-and-the-avengers.aspx

Total classic.

That was the Vision right after he was rebuilt and kept the look for most of the late 80s to mid 90s. Oddly, some artists drew him with bare feet (complete with toes).

On another note, your Captain America reminds me of his Nomad days http://www.forevergeek.com/wp-content/media/2012/04/Captain-America-Nomad-470x413.jpg and the bare chested Thor from Warren Ellis’s run. Good times!  smile

Signature 

Follow the exploits of SERVANT in this digital comic series! The First Issue is Free to Download!
or as a webcomic at http://servant.thecomicseries.com/

Check out my Deviantart Gallery, Facebook page, and over at the DAZ Art Studio.

Posted: 23 October 2012 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 628 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-22
BorgyB - 23 October 2012 12:07 PM

That was the Vision right after he was rebuilt and kept the look for most of the late 80s to mid 90s. Oddly, some artists drew him with bare feet (complete with toes).

On another note, your Captain America reminds me of his Nomad days http://www.forevergeek.com/wp-content/media/2012/04/Captain-America-Nomad-470x413.jpg and the bare chested Thor from Warren Ellis’s run. Good times!  :)

And I got into comics in the 90s, so that’s how I was introduced to him.  Also vision was the only character I ever chose in that arcade game. We used to spend all afternoon at the mall trying to beat that and that classic X-men side-scroller, but only wound up wasting quarters :)

Also the Nomad cover is funny.  Apparently the shield had to go as well, and now he’s just lunging into a hail of bullets but it’s ok since he’s got a new identity :-)

Glad they ultimately opted to turn him back into Captain America.  I definitely see the resemblance you’re referring to though.  I have different versions of him, so I use the mask as the alternative to the full hood from the classic outfit.

Posted: 23 October 2012 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 629 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
shadowhawk1 - 23 October 2012 08:59 AM
Knight22179 - 23 October 2012 08:42 AM

Yeah I grabbed all of those when I heard about ShareCG, since I had plans on grabbing this set and I couldn’t stand them being in my runtime with nothing to go with it. I am going to hve to break down and make something soon. Might have to try out a Punisher costume, or maybe a Deadpool.

Punisher would be easy. As for Deadpool…

http://hiram67.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5hbhi1

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! :)

Posted: 23 October 2012 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 630 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2011-05-15

Hey Joe—did I ever show you the Sentinel video thingy I did using your guy?

It was turning out kinda crappy so I ditched the WIP. Still, there were some decent parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73NH2uhOktU&feature=plcp

Signature 

Patron the creation of Outstanding Pajamas: http://www.patreon.com/BCRice

42 of 100